DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help with Pioneer VSX-609 Receiver needed

Old 01-16-02, 08:48 AM

Help with Pioneer VSX-609 Receiver needed

My receiver seems to have issues... it should be possible to change the subwoofer setting between (on / off / plus) according to the manual - but mine is stuck att 'on'. Furthermore I can't get digital input to work - not a sound from the speakers when I chose digital mode.

I have a Pioneer DV-444 dvd connected to the receiver and maybe it's broken?

Does anyone have any tip on where/how to find the error.

I have tried both optical and coaxial cables and all different menu-selections on the dvd.

Any help would be appriciated!

/Fredrick
Old 01-17-02, 11:18 AM

Check your speakers setting, if you set all of them as small, you can't switch the sub setting.

Also, check the optical and coax setting on the receiver, i.e., asign it to dvd, tv/sat...

Hope this helps.
Old 01-17-02, 01:23 PM

Re

Ok the speakers were all Small in the setup so that explains why I couldn't change the sub's settings - thanks egbok.

I can not however get either digital connection to work...tried to setup receiver to receive both coax and opt. neither works.

Does anyone have an idea about how to determine wheter the receiver or dvd is broken?

/Fredrick
Old 01-17-02, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Make sure that your dvd player is sending a digital signal. Go into the setup menu of the player, and go to Audio options. You might have to turn on the digital output by selecting "bitstream" or "digital out" or something similar.

Many players -- at least the ones that force you to choose between analog and digital audio and not use both at the same time -- come from the factory with the digital output disabled.