Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

RCA RC6001P vs. Toshiba 4700

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-02, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all...

I just got a new Toshiba 4700. I love all the features, and everything is perfect -- except with the setup i have (not using a widescreen TV) i get a harsh picture due to the downconversion - which shows "jaggies" all the time.

Now, i just came across the RCA RC6001P which has all of the same features that the toshiba 4700 has which is perfect -- but it all comes down to whether or not the picture produced is as harsh as the toshiba. I know that toshiba tends to have this problem with their downconversions, and sony tends to produce a soft picture -- so i was just wondering if anyone has any experience and/or ideas about the RCA RC6001P.

By the way, my 4700 is hooked up to a 27" TV via an S-Video Connection..... One more question - unless i get a new widescreen tv or a HDTV, the jaggies will show up (from my toshiba) on any tv - whether its a new one, or 5 years old... correct?

Thanks,

Matt