DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

turning macrovision off on Pioneer DV525

Old 01-09-02, 06:44 PM

turning macrovision off on Pioneer DV525

hi, i was wondering if anybody could tell me how I can turn macrovision off on the Pioneer DV-525 player. We don't have enough inputs on the TV to have both a VCR and a DVD player so we're routing the DVD player to go through the VCR. I'd appreciate it if anybody can help and I apologize if I'm breaking any rules in this forum.

THanks.
Old 01-09-02, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think you can use an RF modulator. I installed one on my girlfriends tv, which only had one input. They are easy to use and relatively cheap(aboot $30 at Radio Shack)
Old 01-09-02, 11:32 PM
Gomez

There's a cpmpany who will modify a DVD player to defeat macrovision but it's like $100-200 or something like that. Probably easier to get an RF modulator at Radio Crap.

Old 01-26-02, 02:48 PM

hey... could somebody please explain how an RF modulator works to me... I have a Pioneer DV-500 connected to one of those TV/VCR combos... and it only has one audio and one video in plus the coaxal (forgive me if I spelled that wrong) it is my second system and I wan't to be able to watch DVDs in my bedroom (call me spoiled if you must) thanks in advance for any help you can render.
Old 01-26-02, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a SIma Color Corrector (I thihk that's what it's called) and that takes out the macrovision so I could connect my dvd to vcr.
Old 01-26-02, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For me, to watch dvds in my bedroom, I got one of the video senders from X10. Yeah, I know they are evil, but it works. I just hooked that up at both ends, and voila, DVD in my bedroom.