Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

How are Kenwood's DVD players?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-02, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just looking for a new player at the moment that has a few more features than my current one. I already have pretty much all Kenwood audio products for my sound setup and am considering getting the DV-505 from them. Does anyone have any of Kenwood's players, and if so, how are they? I'm just looking for some feedback before I buy.
Old 01-07-02, 04:28 PM
steak

Re: How are Kenwood's DVD players?

Originally posted by NitroJMS
I'm just looking for a new player at the moment that has a few more features than my current one. I already have pretty much all Kenwood audio products for my sound setup and am considering getting the DV-505 from them. Does anyone have any of Kenwood's players, and if so, how are they? I'm just looking for some feedback before I buy.
I guess I will find out tomorrow. I ordered the DV5050M 400+3 jukebox from Crutchfield. Mainly ordered it because it had 2 features my Pioneer 300 disk player did not, progressive scan and disk flip.

I will let you know what I think!
Old 01-08-02, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a Kenwood DV-403 and absolutely love it.
Old 01-08-02, 06:17 PM
steak

Re: Re: How are Kenwood's DVD players?

Originally posted by steak

I guess I will find out tomorrow. I ordered the DV5050M 400+3 jukebox from Crutchfield. Mainly ordered it because it had 2 features my Pioneer 300 disk player did not, progressive scan and disk flip.

I will let you know what I think!
Well, I got my Kenwood player today and the one really noticable difference is the speed in which disks are loaded for play. I guess I will have to get used to it. I am still learning the new system menu wise. I will keep everyone up to date as I get it setup and working optimally.

later,
steak
Old 01-09-02, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a Kenwood DVD Player. I don't remember the model number but it was their first 5 disc carousel that had DVD-Audio. It worked good for awhile and then it started having audio drop outs and movies would start skipping after the layer change. I exchanged it for another one and I had the same problems. I finally exchanged that one in and got a Sony.
Old 01-09-02, 05:23 PM
steak

Originally posted by TenaciousD
I had a Kenwood DVD Player. I don't remember the model number but it was their first 5 disc carousel that had DVD-Audio. It worked good for awhile and then it started having audio drop outs and movies would start skipping after the layer change. I exchanged it for another one and I had the same problems. I finally exchanged that one in and got a Sony.
Well, fortunately Kenwood is offering a 2 year warranty and I bought with my visa which doubles that warranty so I feel fairly covered in that area. The biggest pain (which was the biggest pain with my Pioneer DV-F727 jukebox is the setup and labeling the disks. It is EXTREMELY time consuming and I only have 145 disks out of the potiential 1200 disks the player will support. I think if I was doing that many I would hire a temp at $7/hr to put them in for me. It would be well worth it.