Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

$650-$750 budget, Best TV?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-01, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the largest/Best TV I can get for $650-750?

It has to have component video, it will be used for cable TV and DVDs.

I'm not really looking for flatscreen unless it really improves the picture for the price, and I'm trying to replace a 10 year old Zenith 25" TV. You can add or subtract from the budget..not a lot though. I'm buying this TV for someone, so I'm not sure if 27" will be a large enough jump - though I'm sure the component video will help for the DVD. I'd like to at least get 32".

I don't think I can find 36" for the money, but if I could find a decent 36" one, I'd get it.

Thanks for the help,
ELmO
Old 12-09-01, 04:06 PM

low budget

I would check out www.bestbuy.com or www.circuitcity.com and browse through your options. I think you may luck out at best buy and be ably to get a 32" for $699.00, Unless the tv you have now is broken then i think it would be wise to keep saving and go for a flatscreen or a larger set if you want big. 54" Projections are available for about $1200.
Old 12-09-01, 04:09 PM

here is one ....

JVC 36" TV with Full-Square, Dark-Tinted Picture Tube — AV-36230
Full-square, dark-tinted picture tube reduces screen glare; 3-line digital comb filter removes visual artifacts, improving picture quality $699.00 on sale at best buy right now.
Old 12-09-01, 06:04 PM

Thanks

Thanks, everyone says get flatscreen but I much prefer 36" over 27" flatscreen. I don't see the major difference in NON HDTVs flatscreen vs nonflat. My Panasonic 27" is not flatscreen but looks great with component (DVD). I think I'm going to get the Panasonic 36" for my parents (with component and 800 lines). They only use Cable TV and DVD. They will be surprised what it looks like now, over their 25"....