Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Just got HDTV service installed...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-01, 05:25 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Finally!

I've had the Mitsu 55" WS for a while now and used it primarily for DVD watching. I was high on TWC's waiting list for HDTV and finally got it installed today. Just a simple converter and I am good to go. However, there aren't many channels. Currently, only HBO, Showtime and CBS. More to come soon hopefully.
Old 11-29-01, 12:50 AM
omi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious as to when TWC will roll out HDTV support where I live (Orange County, CA). How much extra does TW charge for HD channels? I currently have digital cable, and the quality is good but nowhere near what I would like it to be.
Old 11-29-01, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the extra HD box in Albany.
But they only have HBO and Showtime.
TimeWarner GAVE it to me for FREE untill they roll out more channels. It's in a "testing zone" now or something to that effect.
And they said for it being free they may just ask me to fill out my thoughts at some point on it.

But I think others have reported it's $4 extra month normally?
Which for what I'm getting right now I wouldn't pay it, but maybe if it were more channels.
Old 11-29-01, 08:36 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by omi
I'm curious as to when TWC will roll out HDTV support where I live (Orange County, CA). How much extra does TW charge for HD channels? I currently have digital cable, and the quality is good but nowhere near what I would like it to be.
I had the digital cable box and to get the HD box, it was no extra cost. The CSR said these converters cost around $1,400 and they may start charging soon. I'm sure it depends on what city you live in though. As for HD channels, TWC currently offers 2 HBO's, Showtime and CBS.