Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

DVD Recorders

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-01, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
DVD Recorders

J&R out of New York has a Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD recorder listed in their catalogue .Does anyone know of any information about this deck?Panasonic's website doesn't say much about it.
Old 11-28-01, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure about the payback compatibility of that unit. I've been looking into the PIONEER ELITE DVR-7000. From the specs that I've read it appears to be the most compatible with existing home and pc players. The list price for this unit is $2,000.

I have a question for someone who knows if a DVD-R can be used as a MASTER to make slave duplications for playback on home and pc players? I am in the process of releasing a
program to dvd and the production house that I've spoken to
requires the material to be converted to a DLT master. I am using a DVCAM master recording and would like the outstanding
quality of the program to transfer directly to DVD. If I can transfer directly to a DVD-R and use it as my master, I'll purchase the PIONEER ELITE unit that I've described above. Any thoughts?

Last edited by highdef; 11-28-01 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-30-01, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have been made aware that both units (Panasonic & Pioneer) CAN NOT be used as an "authoring master." This translates to its inability to be used as a master for DVD replication. Just thought someone might be interested.
Old 12-03-01, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the update.
I was interested (though, I don't know why)