Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anybody here have a Pioneer DV-525 ? I gotta question if you do .

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-01, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a DV-525 and when it was about 6 months old the door for the DVD tray started to close on it's own . It was a every once in a while thing and now it happens pretty much everytime I go to load a DVD . Has anyone else had thiers do this and does anybody know how to stop it ? If this isnt the correct place , feel free to move it Mods . Thanks , Lemondrop .
Old 11-23-01, 05:50 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had mine for about a year and a half. It has never done anything like you are describing. In fact, I have been very happy with it. Sorry to hear about your trouble.
Old 11-23-01, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have that model as well for the last two years and can report no problem like that.

Sorry
Old 11-23-01, 10:18 AM

I have the Pioneer 525 since 1999. So far no problems at all. Usually if one has to open
the disc tray is either by remote or the button on the player itself. I normally use the
remote and seldom touches those buttons on the front panel.

I guess it gotta be a malfunction in your case. Perhaps you should send it for a checkup.

This player has serve me well and being a sentimental guy I intend to keep it until it
dies on me.
Old 12-14-01, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks guys . I didnt know if my player was screwy or if more than mine did it . When you open the door to load or remove a DVD it opens all the way and then closes automatically . You have to keep hitting the open button several times and sooner or later it will open and stay open . The you can load or unload a DVD without it closing .
I guess I will deal with it until I replace the Player with a newer one and then I will open the case up and try to deactivate the switch for the door .
Im pretty sure it's the pressure switch that closes the door when you push directly on the door to make it close . I dont push my door to close it , I use the button but I think thats whats wrong .
Anyway , Thanks .

Also Im not going to take it in for service since IMO it's cheaper to replace older electronics than attempt repairs .