Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any opinions on the new Pioneer HDTV's?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-01, 05:23 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that the new Pioneer HDTV's (SD-533HD5, etc) have alot of the electonics from the previous Elite line, but at a much cheaper cost. Does anyone have any opinions about these TV's? I'm doing everything I can to break my current TV so I can replace it...
Old 11-20-01, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the SD-533HD5 and I absolutely love it. You're right that it seems to have the same great line-doubler as last year's Elites and looks almost as good as this year's Elites but at great prices. Some people seem to have a kind of green push with the set (see http://www.hometheaterspot.com/ ) but I don't see it after a few weeks of heavy use.

What pushed me to the Pioneer was the excellent NTSC pic - the line doubler is great on low res sources like my standard cable TV. Of course DVDs look incredible. I don't have an HDTV set-top box yet but I'm sure it looks outstanding too.

Check The Spot for more active discussion of these and other sets.

I have no connection with Home Theater Spot, other than being a satisfied forum member there, too.