DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Pioneer DV-333, DV-343, DV-535? best one? best prices? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/159336-pioneer-dv-333-dv-343-dv-535-best-one-best-prices.html)

jr.junior 11-16-01 03:20 PM

Pioneer DV-333, DV-343, DV-535? best one? best prices?

hi,

based on features i need a new dvd player. i need something that plays cd-r's and is region hackable as well as a solid player. i read that these are probably the best models for all this. seems like 343 is the best since it is a domestic model and an improvement upon the 333. the 535 however sounds like a good except that it's more expensive and from europe. anyway, someone know a good place to get these? was looking to hopefully get one for about $100. thanks

Tarl_Saxon 11-17-01 09:33 PM

Pioneer 343

Just picked up a 343 as my second player. Seems to work fine, after I set it up ran 3 movies through it without a hitch. It was between this and a Toshiba 1750 but the 343 has digital optical out and that sold me. Picture and sound seem excellent for an entry level player. The remote is kinda small but the performance is great for the price ($229 CDN....thats about $1.85 US....lol) I,ve heard from some people in the US that it can be had for as low as $120. Good luck.

jr.junior 11-18-01 03:36 AM

thank you! do you know where to get it for $120? best i found is $150 so far

CaptainMarvel 11-18-01 12:56 PM

The 343 and the 333 are essentially the same. I had a 333, and it was rock solid. No problems with it whatsoever.

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 11-19-01 02:46 AM

The 343 replaces the 333. I highly recommend the 343 if you're not looking for features like zoom and mp3 support. The picture and audio quality is really good. I bought the 343 from Amazon about three months ago for $120, and it has worked really well for me. I chose it because I wanted something that will play VCD/SVCD and CD-R/W, and haven't had a hitch yet. There might be a $15 coupon floating around somewhere for Amazon.

jr.junior 11-19-01 03:44 PM

thanks guys i just bought it

jr.junior 11-28-01 11:37 AM

just received it yesterday thanks for the help

great video output, only difference from my toshiba i see so far is remote is a little uglier and no screensaver and a few less unimportant functions. played every cdr i gave it so far

Thank You!

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 11-29-01 02:52 AM

great video output, only difference from my toshiba i see so far is remote is a little uglier and no screensaver and a few less unimportant functions. played every cdr i gave it so far
The remote sucks, but you could always use a universal remote for the basic functions.

jr.junior 11-29-01 07:10 PM

Originally posted by dpham00

The remote sucks, but you could always use a universal remote for the basic functions.

actually the remote has a better signal than the toshiba i was using, just you are right, not as good. even some of the functions are not clearly labelled enough to find for the first few times using it (i was pissed at first no eject button, but i found it finally), and the navigation (next, play, stop, pause) system is ridiculous and random!!!! whatever, awesome deal, awesome player, paid $109 shipped

but the remote works no matter if i point it through my knees or what (and my dvd player is down low, where it is harder to point to) on my toshiba i had to maneuver around and point the damn thing straight at the player...