DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Help! Equipment failure (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/158309-help-equipment-failure.html)

RoQuEr 11-12-01 10:21 PM

Help! Equipment failure

I have an Apex AD-703 machine. I was watching nurse betty when the machine froze. after A minute I tried to eject the disk. Nothing happened. So I opened it up and got my other 2 disks out of the changer section. Nurse Betty is nowhere to be seen. I am hoping that this is just a mechanical jam and not a total breakdown. I tried shaking it, but I hear no loose parts. This is a very hardy machine that has survived, among other things, falling 4 feet off a land cruiser. Any suggestions on how to get my dvd out, and how I may fix the machine?

DVD_O_Rama 11-12-01 11:18 PM

Re: Help! Equipment failure

Originally posted by RoQuEr
... This is a very hardy machine that has survived, among other things, falling 4 feet off a land cruiser...?
Hmmm, don't know what to say other then maybe you should rethink the term 'survived'. How about...<i>'held on long enough to crap out in the middle of a movie, trapping the disc inside?'</i>
Actually, I'd be willing to bet there's a few screws holding the top cover onto the chassis, and after popping them out, you should be able to get a better look at the inside of your player, and maybe rescue your disc.
I'll refrain from asking what 'other things' happened to the player in addition to it's battle with the Land Rover, and close by going on the record as saying you will <b>never</b> be allowed to borrow any of my DVD players :D

RoQuEr 11-13-01 12:32 AM

rotfl

I was amazed that the player worked too after it rolled out of the trunk when someone opened the back door, but it did. I unscrewed another layer off the chasis, and found the dvd stuck under the loading tray. I probably scratched to DVD further by pulling it out, that's OK, since I am returning it anyway. It turns out that DVD was the problem, since other DVD's played fine, but it messed up at the same spot on Nurse Betty.

My New Question is this: What DVD defect can be bad enough that it causes the player to eat the DVD and not spit it back out?

Iron Chef 11-13-01 07:39 AM

My New Question is this: What DVD defect can be bad enough that it causes the player to eat the DVD and not spit it back out?

Answer:

Falling 4 feet.

RoQuEr 11-13-01 11:26 AM

Wrong. If you bothered to read my post, you would know that it is something wrong with the DVD, and NOT the player.

DVD-Desi 11-13-01 02:45 PM

Wrong. If you bothered to read my post, you would know that it is something wrong with the DVD, and NOT the player.
Yikes, thems fightin words....better get ready to put up you dukes.:johnwoo:

stevevt 11-13-01 05:22 PM

Since the original question has been addressed, I'm closing this thread.

RoQuEr, feel free to start a new thread for your new question.

-stevevt