Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any opinions on NAD T531 DVD player?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-01, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to order one, because so far it sounds like exactly what i want. Does anyone have any experience with this player? I can't find a review anywhere.

thanks in advance

tec
Old 11-09-01, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry no, but my personal opinion of any NAD product is not very favorable.

Suggest you check out comparable Sony, Panasonic, Denon, Toshiba or JVC players.
Old 11-09-01, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don’t have any personal experience with NAD’s DVD player so I can’t comment on that product. But contrary to Brian Shannon, I've had great experiences with the NAD products I've owned. While their initial foray into DD was a bit disappointing; the newer products are excellent and have received favorable reviews in the high-end press. Frankly, I'm always surprised by the lack of attention NAD receives on this forum.
Old 11-09-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nor do I have experience with their DVD players, but also contrary to Brian Shannon I would likely select an NAD CD player over anything from the brands he lists. They have had reliability and build issues with mechanical products like some specific CD players, but they are often exceptional bargains conidering their sound quality. There are few great sounding sub-$1000 CD players that I would recommend be auditioned and NAD is at the top of my list, then comes Rotel, Marantz, California Audio and one or two other models.

tecumseh, have you considered the new JVC XV-60 model family of DVD players? That would be my current choice. I do not use DVD players as my CD music source though.
Old 11-10-01, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the replies. The reason i wanted the NAD dvd player is because it plays audio CD, CDR, CDRW and mp3 disks, supposedly very well...so i wanted to kill...um...5 birds with one stone (i don't know if that is a flammable offense on this forum though). Of course if it breaks down, then that kills 5 birds with one stone too

I will buy it and post later on how it performs, in case anyone is interested.

Thanks again

tec
Old 11-13-01, 01:23 PM

So far so bad.

i bought the thing, and DVD playback was excellent, but audio CD playback was faulty - sometimes it would play, sometimes it wouldn't. Except for MP3 CDs, which just wouldn't. So i'm taking it back.

can i say JVC?