DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Let's see where you watch your movies..

Old 11-07-01, 09:00 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In my Home Theater- Foley, AL
Posts: 3,503
Let's see where you watch your movies..

I'm looking for ideas for a new chair or recliner for my den. Also, any deals that you may come across are appreciated!

Post a pic of your seating and/or H.T. room!

Sonicflood
Sonicflood is offline  
Old 11-07-01, 10:07 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Portland
Posts: 8,324
Here's where I watch my movies from:



I'm inside the one on the lower right
renaldow is offline  
Old 11-07-01, 10:53 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In my Home Theater- Foley, AL
Posts: 3,503
Originally posted by renaldow
Here's where I watch my movies from:



I'm inside the one on the lower right
WOW!
Sonicflood is offline  
Old 11-09-01, 07:51 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
AGuyNamedMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Posts: 15,251



AGuyNamedMike is offline  
Old 11-10-01, 10:24 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In my Home Theater- Foley, AL
Posts: 3,503
Thnaks for the pics! Nice!

Sven looks proud!
Sonicflood is offline  
Old 11-11-01, 09:49 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
My last upgrade I got leather furniture and built a indent in the wall for my equipment. You can check out the pics below. I tried posting them but I know geocities is a pain so I couldn't get it done. Sorry

Last edited by JimRochester; 11-11-01 at 09:54 AM.
JimRochester is offline  
Old 11-11-01, 12:41 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Southern California
Posts: 485
Here's my stuff. My DVDTracker link below has a breakdown of everything. Any suggestions or comments on my setup?

Picture from the Sweet Spot




Here are my twin SVS Subwoofers



Rear of the theater. B&W CDM 1NT's above on my custom made shelves and mounts



My DVD's on Ikea Shelving
DVD-Desi is offline  
Old 11-11-01, 01:07 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,982


I usually don't post pics of my set-up, but I snapped this one today while doing some cleaning and rearranging of equipment. It's a little dark because I didn't bother to turn on any lights (which usually helps when taking a picture )
DVD_O_Rama is offline  
Old 11-11-01, 09:50 PM
  #9  
Moderator
 
Geofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: The Village Green
Posts: 39,185
Wow...some real nice pics here. I have mine posted at the link in my sig. Needs some work though...and a little more room.
Geofferson is offline  
Old 11-12-01, 07:57 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In my Home Theater- Foley, AL
Posts: 3,503
Originally posted by DVD-Desi
Here's my stuff. My DVDTracker link below has a breakdown of everything. Any suggestions or comments on my setup?

Picture from the Sweet Spot




Here are my twin SVS Subwoofers



Rear of the theater. B&W CDM 1NT's above on my custom made shelves and mounts



My DVD's on Ikea Shelving
WOW
Sonicflood is offline  
Old 11-12-01, 08:00 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In my Home Theater- Foley, AL
Posts: 3,503
Originally posted by DVD_O_Rama


I usually don't post pics of my set-up, but I snapped this one today while doing some cleaning and rearranging of equipment. It's a little dark because I didn't bother to turn on any lights (which usually helps when taking a picture )
Man, I wish I had an entertainment center like this! I have a 36" Sony TV, so I'd have to have a middle stand of some kind. Maybe Christmas, my dad is awesome with carpentry, so I hope he'll come through!
Sonicflood is offline  
Old 11-12-01, 08:38 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,982
Originally posted by Sonicflood


Man, I wish I had an entertainment center like this! I have a 36" Sony TV, so I'd have to have a middle stand of some kind. Maybe Christmas, my dad is awesome with carpentry, so I hope he'll come through!
What can I say...I like wood. (I'm an oak man, myself )
I guess I'm old-fashioned, but the Boltz and Salamander stuff just looks odd to me. I wanted something that was strong, aesthetically pleasing and let me adjust for new components, and this unit fit the bill. I've seen many similar designs and some indeed did have a middle unit with a shelf for smaller televisions.
DVD_O_Rama is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.