DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Denon AVR882

Old 11-03-01, 04:58 PM

Denon AVR882 - HOT DEAL

I wanted to know what you guys think of this Receiver. I'm looking for something to play loud music and movies. It seems like a really good receiver, but i just wanted to know how it compares to the rest of the Denon line since i havent heard too much about it. Pleas try to compare this model to other Denon lines and other manufacturers model because a local dealer is selling these for about $400 and I wanted to know if it's a good deal. I can give you his number if you email me @[email protected], but i'd first like to know your opinion on this baby! This guy ships too.

Link to Denon's AVR882 Info Page (PDF File)

Last edited by adamstorch; 11-04-01 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-03-01, 11:43 PM

bump - please help me out with some feedback

bump - please help me out with some feedback
Old 11-04-01, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never used this receiver, but reading the spec sheet I find it disturbing that a quality company like Denon would highlight inflated wattage stats (0.7% THD, 1kHz, 6 Ohms) in their literature. The receiver is really 80 Watts x 5. Compare the spec sheet for the Denon AVR-1802, it is almost the same word for word, stat for stat. And the 1802 can be found for as little as $329.

Does your dealer carry the 1802 as well as the 882? If not, ask him why. I would recommend sticking the more popular model unless the 882 has an additional feature that you would really like to have.

BTW, in the sub-$400 price range the Onkyo TX-DS595 is my favorite receiver.