Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Tweaked DVD Picture perfect, but now Cable Input looks like Crap (rp56, panny 47" HD)

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Tweaked DVD Picture perfect, but now Cable Input looks like Crap (rp56, panny 47" HD)

Old 10-29-01, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hello, I just recently got a panny HDTV 47" set (PT47WX49). I did the SVM mod along with the Red Push mod and got the DVD picture (Componment 1) looking pretty darn good. When I go back to look at normal cable, it looks very green, it looks horrible. I thought the that the picture settings were independant for different sources, whenever I change it for one, it takes affect for all of my input sources. I have a progressive rp56 panny dvd player. How can I set the tv so that I can have both cable and dvd look great, it seems if I get the dvd good, the cable goes bad and vise versa. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Note that I am inputting in progressive mode, I think if i inputted in interlaced mode the colors would be a little better for the cable.
Also when I opened the cover on the front of the set to access the focus knobs (on the black box around the size of a creditr card) I see the 3 focus knobs and I also see 3 more knobs that have "screen" labled to the right of them, anyone know what these do?

Thanks
Old 10-30-01, 03:51 AM

This is why I'm sorta leaning towards getting the Sony 34" over the Pany 34". It's really bogus that you can't keep the video settings seperate for each source. Wish I could help, but I've never really had a chance to dink around with any of the HD Pany's. Sorry.

You might want to try the Sound & Vision Forums or the Home Theater Forums.