DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

multi-region hardware in europe

Old 10-26-01, 03:44 AM

multi-region hardware in europe

hi, just a quick question:

does anyone in europe have any experience (good or bad) with multi-region players? i have friends who have bought lots of region 1 dvds, so want to be able to play them, including RCE titles. i'm currently thinking about harmon-kardon dvd1 or dvd10, pioneer 737 or maybe a panasonic. i know there's a list on this site, but none of the models seem to be available over here (in germany).

any recommendations?
Old 11-06-01, 08:35 AM

dvd player in germany that plays multipy regions

I live in Germany to, and I'm looking for DVD player that plays region 1, 2, 3, 4 DVD's also. Please reply if you can help with this problem.
Old 11-06-01, 01:11 PM
Banned

I use a Raite 715 and it plays everything and converts
NTSC<->PAL perfectly. I highly recommend one or it's current equivalent (just as long as you don't need component outputs). I think in Germany this is brand is called "Yamakawa".
Old 11-07-01, 06:12 AM

i'm waiting on a harmon kardon dvd1 which i found for 700 DM. it has a factory code for changing the region (see www.dvdpalace.de - i was referred there by h-k themselves...)

i'll let you know when it arrives if we have a winner or not.
Old 11-12-01, 11:06 AM

got my harmon-kardon dvd1 and it does the job. pretty good player anyway and can be switched at will between 1,2,3 and 4. plays RCE titles (e.g. charlies angels).

very pleased with it. got it from www.digital-net-shop.de, as only more recent models are available in stores (media markt etc.) in germany, and i'm not sure if they can be switched (although the info on dvdpalace.de for the dvd10 is identical to that for the dvd1).

good luck