Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help with Funai DVD/CD player...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-01, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been searching everywhere for opinions/information on this DVD player. I bought it at Target yesterday on clearance for $75. Well, I'm assuming it's worth $0! I rented Hannibal and it played through to the 17th scene with no problem and then it just froze up. I pressed stop and then play again and it just kept spinning...no picture. I wasn't able to turn it off or open it or anything. It finally stopped on its own. This happened a few times so I took the video back and the women said it was commen but she gave me another copy and said it shouldn't happen again. Well, it did. Same thing.

Could it be the movie itself or is it my player? Is ANYONE familiar with this Player??? Like I said, I searched the net and can find no reviews or opinions on it. It's Funai F100DB.

Thanks,
Bridget
Old 10-03-01, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.funai-corp.com/f100db.html

http://www.funai-corp.com/01_images/f100db.pdf

According to this and this, Funai makes or has made some Sylvania and Philips dvd models.

Maybe you could look at reviews of the Funai-made Philips 710?

I also recommend trying the dvd in a different player (maybe a friend's machine?) to make sure the problem is with your player. If it is, you should be able to return your dvd player where you bought it.

Good luck.
Old 10-03-01, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, the Funai is one of those cases where you get what you pay for. At least Target has a liberal return policy. You maybe better off to spend a few more dollars and pick up a better machine.