Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

PS2 + s-video + panasonic tv problem

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-01, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I just bought a 32-inch panasonic tv with s-video. Well, I bought the adapter for my playstation 2 to hook into the s-video port, but when I turn eveything on and turn my tv to tv/video mode, and the screen is just black. I also don't get any sound either, which makes me suspicious. My ps2 worked on my old tv through the RCA jacks, but I really want to use the s-video for dvd's and games, as you guys can probably relate to. Well, the directions for the tv do not give any instructions for settings or anything. I've tried all the regular channels as well(1-9,90-95, etc.) with no luck. Anyone know of any problems with their equipment as well? I could try switching the s-video device from Electronics Boutique, but getting the tv checked out would be a problem becuase I can't bring it in to Sears cause it wouldn't fit in my car. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.
Old 08-15-01, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On my TV (31" GE w/ S-Video) you have to change the input type (S-Video vs. RCA) in the onscreen menus. Then the TV/Video will display the S-Video instead of the composite connection. Have you gotten any other S-Video device (DVD) to work with it?
Old 08-15-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've gone through all the on-screen menus and haven't found anything about input type, even though that's definitly a place where it should be. I don't have any dvd players(or tv's to test the ps2 with). . well, im going to try and plug it in via rca to see if that works. but even if it does, i still don't have s-video working....But it's worth a shot.