Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help with bass shakers

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help with bass shakers

Old 08-05-01, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with bass shakers

Can anyone help me with Bass Shakers? What brand do I want? What size? Do I need an amp? Whats the best way to set them up ? Any help would be very appreciated!!! Thanks, Lissie
Old 08-05-01, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Help with bass shakers

Originally posted by smam
Can anyone help me with Bass Shakers? What brand do I want? What size? Do I need an amp? Whats the best way to set them up ? Any help would be very appreciated!!! Thanks, Lissie
Go with a pair of ButtKickers and something high-powered like a Samson S700 to power them. Mount them to the bottom of your couch, and realize how much more fun it is to watch a movie when your ass bounces off the cushions during explosions.
Old 08-05-01, 09:04 PM

I pickep up two pair of the Aura 25w shakers from Apex Jr. and wired each pair in series, one pair per channel to an old Sony 100w receiver. Here's a pic of them installed under my sofa...

Old 08-05-01, 11:10 PM

Thanks for your help!!!!!Did the 4 -25 watt bass shakers give you much action??????
Old 08-06-01, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

4 is plenty for an average bed..i bought 10 shakers and only used 4 because i thought even 6 would have been too much!

you dont want them to be distracting..only an added "punch" to your ht experience
Old 08-06-01, 08:29 AM
Banned

DO YOU NEED ANOTHER RECIEVER IF YOU USE BASS SHAKERS? WHAT OUTPUT DO YOU USE? SO YOU HAVE 1 RECIEVER FOR YOUR 5 SPEAKERS & 1 RECIEVER FOR YOUR BASS SHAKERS? IF YOU HAVE 2 RECIEVERS, DO YOU HOOK THEM UP TOGETHER? IF SO HOW? SORRY STILL LEARNING THIS STUFF!
Old 08-07-01, 10:39 PM

You take your subwoofer output of your DD/DTS receiver and plug it into an amplifier to power the bass shakers. In the above example an old receiver is being used as the amplifier. If you currently have a sub then just split the sub out signal using a Y-adapter. One going to your sub and the other to the bass shakers amplifier.
Old 08-07-01, 11:15 PM

Butt Kicker or Clark???????

Does anyone know about Clark Synthesis? Where's the best place to but either ButtKicker Or the Clark ? Is this overkill? i want it for a bedroom theater setup. Any thoughts????????
Old 08-08-01, 05:47 AM

I used to own 4-Aura Bass Shaker Pros which worked fine but they left me wanting more.I then upgraded to a pair of Clark Synthesis units and it was a BIG difference.The Clark units had much more power handling and felt more detailed.I then upgraded to the ButtKicker & Carvin amp combo and all I can say is "WOW".The ButtKicker literally destroyed the Clark units in low bass extension and plus it is lightening quick in its bass responce.The tactile feel from the Clark units linger a lot longer than the ButtKicker.The ButtKicker is also perfect with music because of the speed of the bass responce.
I also own a pair of SVS 20-39`s and the ButtKicker is a perfect match for them.You can get the ButtKicker & Carvin amp combo for $699.00.HIGHLY recommended.