DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   My Home Theater Pics... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/130856-my-home-theater-pics.html)

Seagraves 08-02-01 06:51 PM

My Home Theater Pics...

So here are my home theater pics, but keep a few things in mind:

1) I am only 19 years old, and am still in college.

2) With that being said, I haven't gotten enough money for the surround sound system I'm looking at....but who cares.

<a href="http://seagraves.freeservers.com/hometheater/hometheater.htm"> My Home Theater </a>

Lemme know what ya think.

D113 08-02-01 07:10 PM

nice Tv

and what speakers are those?

Check out my pics and make a comment... it's a few threads earlier,

D

Sonicflood 08-02-01 08:20 PM

Nice!!! :)

What are the components of your HT system?

TV-?
RECEIVER- Sony ?
DVD-?
ETC-?

I see that you have a Sony Receiver from the remote.

What kind of surround system are you wanting?

D113 08-02-01 08:22 PM

visit the web site... more pics and descriptions there

D

BRDeckard 08-02-01 08:34 PM

Very nice TV yeah, I dont see your surround speakers though, and looking at your "remote collection" I'm glad I have EVERYTHING by Sony, remotes look cooler lying next to each other, same size and everything! heh

lostdogmen 08-02-01 08:53 PM

IS THAT I NINTENDO I SEE? LOL! I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE OF THOSE IN YEARS! NICE SET UP THO' DOES IT STILL WORK? I MEMBER BACK IN THE DAY I HAD TO BLOW AND SHAKE MY GAMES TO WORK? MEMBER THAT?

Seagraves 08-02-01 09:52 PM

Well, I'm actually thinking about taking the TV back, as I am not entirely impressed with it's performance. DVDs seem too fuzzy, and I can't stand watching regular television on it.

Some shows seem fine, but others the distortion is just too severe.

Anyway, to answer a few of your questions :

Yes, that is a Nintendo, and a Super Nintendo, Dreamcast and Playstation...all hooked up simultaneously. I have a Genesis too but there was no room :(

The Speakers are two Sharp 500 Watt speakers that came with my old Sharp CD player.

The CD Player is the Sony 300 Disc carousel.

The reciever is the 850 by Sony.

The DVD Player is the 720 by Samsung - old yes, but effective nevertheless.

The VCR? Who cares about the VCR ;)

And I am looking at getting a BOSE surround sound system, but I'm not positive. What do you guys think?

Seagraves 08-02-01 09:53 PM

Oh and one more thing, I don't use all those remotes. I only use the one univeral remote and the new TV remote for now.

I just threw them all in there for effect ;)

edclem 08-02-01 10:47 PM

Originally posted by Seagraves
And I am looking at getting a BOSE surround sound system, but I'm not positive. What do you guys think?
I would suggest you keep looking.
You can get much better speakers for the money out there.

skar 08-02-01 11:30 PM

Originally posted by edclem

I would suggest you keep looking.
You can get much better speakers for the money out there.

Agreed.

Bose is a really bad deal. Their $3500 system doesn't sound as good as a well chosen $1300 system.

JsphOfArimethia 08-03-01 12:28 AM

Originally posted by skar

Agreed.

Bose is a really bad deal. Their $3500 system doesn't sound as good as a well chosen $1300 system.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks Bose is a ripoff. Seagraves, try listening to the Paradigm Cinema series, or Atlantic Technology's System T 70, or Definitive Technology's ProCinema 100 series. There are a lot of other options out there, those are just some of the ones I listened to.

Seagraves 08-03-01 07:23 AM

Once again, you guys come through and astound me with your expertise in home theater hardware. Thanks for the surround sound advice.

God bless DVD TALK! ;)

Sonicflood 08-03-01 08:03 AM

Originally posted by Seagraves
Well, I'm actually thinking about taking the TV back, as I am not entirely impressed with it's performance. DVDs seem too fuzzy, and I can't stand watching regular television on it.

Some shows seem fine, but others the distortion is just too severe.

Well... you never said what model TV you have! If it sux then PLEASE let us know what kind it is & we'll be able to avoid it!

:) Sonic

Iron Chef 08-03-01 08:05 AM

That is a great Marylin Monroe poster!

-other-

Seagraves 08-03-01 09:12 AM

Thanks for the comment on the Monroe poster ;)

The TV is a 55" Sharp, I am at work right now so I don't have the model number, but I think I posted it on her awhile back...just check it out.

And it's not that it sucks I don't think...I think I may just be too picky :)