Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help! Sony KV-32HS20 vs. Panasonic CT-32HX40 - What are your thoughts?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-01, 09:33 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a 32" digital TV, and I'm trying to decide between the Sony KV-32HS20 and the Panasonic CT-32HX40. I would appreciate any thoughts / experiences that any of you have had.

A side note: I was originally looking for a 36" set, but when I saw a 32" right next to the same model 36", the 32" had a much sharper picture from close up (we will be sitting only 8 to 9 feet from this set). Both sets were showing the same DVD. Is this just a given that the smaller set will have a sharper picture close up, or is it possible that the 36" set may have been out of adjustment?

A 2nd side note: I know there is already a post from Meteu185 on this, but as I write this, no one has responded to that post besides me. Does anyone know if there is any real difference between the Sony KV-32HS20 and the KV-32XBR450 besides the price? I like the looks (and price) of the HS20 better, but I just don't want to find out too late that I should have gone for the XBR450.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Old 07-25-01, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that in my searching for a good 32" TV on various forums and message boards, the Panasonic is nothing compared to the digital Wegas. Hope that helps. Looks like it's you and I talking to each other on here