Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

S-video 4 to 1 converter

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

S-video 4 to 1 converter

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-01, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-video 4 to 1 converter

Well since I am stepping in the the world of DSS,I have a few questions. My Wega only has 1 s-video input, and while shopping around for a converter I only noticed 2 brands. Terk and Sony, I like the Sony because it was the only one I have seen with a remote. Are there any others that I can find with a remote, and for those who have them, how do they work/look...any loss of the signal?

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by Bobou2; 07-23-01 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-23-01, 12:44 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Check out the Sima auto-switcher that comes with a remote. Also has a sound compander and does composite to s-video conversion. Very little change in video quality.
Old 07-24-01, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Have you considered using a home theater receiver to switch your s-video?

My Denon AVR3300 has 5 s-video inputs. It's a great receiver (at least I like it) and you'd be putting your money into a much more expandable box than just a simple converter.
Old 07-24-01, 12:54 PM

I had a similar problem. I went with the RCA switcher. It's a little more money, but it is worth it. It actually has 6 S-video and audio inputs (5 in the rear and 1 in the front) and 1 S-video and audio outputs. One reason I choose this one was because it works off your remote. When you turn the power on to your DVD player, this will automatically switch the swither to DVD. Each is programable with the source you plug into into it. I got mine at CC for $79.95. Expensive, but greatly worth it.

-Jeff