Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

LV75 Vs. PDV-LC10

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-01, 09:06 PM
Li

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey. I’m having a tough time deciding which Portable DVD Player I should get. It’s between the Panasonic LV75 and the Pioneer PDV-LC10. They both have 7” screens. This is what I’m thinking…

The PDV-LC10 is black, which I like. I’ve found a place to get it at just about $570. Sounds pretty good, but there’s the battery pack. It’s rather large (Here’s a picture of the big clunker: http://208.230.169.68/pix/c/55651c.jpg) and only has a capability of 3.5 hours of playback. I’ve found I can get an extra battery for about $90, though, while the LV75’s run at about $150-170.

The LV75 has a 7” screen and it has a shinny sliver color. I suppose that’s all right, though black does sound like it would be easier on the eyes while viewing. I can get one of these at about $630-645. The battery lasts for 4 hours and looks like it (the battery) is much slimmer than the Pioneer (is it?). I’ve read lots of reviews for both and this one seems always to be the favorite, for one reason or another.

Does anyone have either one of these? Which one would you get? Why? I need to deside fast, though. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-02-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the PDV-LC10 and am very happy. The cradle that holds the battery does make it a little thick. I use it at work were I can plug it in and it takes up very little space without the battery cradle. The picture quality is outstanding! I've had mine for about a 1 1/2 years now (using it daily) and have not had any problems, so the durability of this player is top notch.
Good luck with your purchase! Either way you'll be very happy I'm sure.
Old 07-02-01, 10:18 PM
Li

Thanks. Man, I've been totally obsessed with these things for about a week now. My family's about to strangle me because they're sick of hearing about them (I ask their opinions some times). They just want me to pick one and shut up. :P

Old 07-02-01, 11:56 PM
Li

Heh, so someone doesn't come on here and make me feel bad about choosing how I did by raving about the LV75, I might was well mention that I went ahead and bought a PDV-LC10 for $577.95 tonight. I'm sure it'll be great, though I keep second guessing myself (alot). At least I saved $70 by going with this model. I guess I can go and purchase a second battery if I feel the need to sometime, with what I saved. Thanks, Low RG, for your insight. I guess I can stop thinking about it so much now... :P

[Edited by Li on 07-02-01 at 09:59 PM]
Old 07-03-01, 12:51 AM

You made a good choice. I bought the Pioneer model 3 weeks ago at Ubid for $570 and I've never been happier. I was gonna buy the Panasonic until I went to BestBuy and saw it up close. It didn't look as well-built as the Pioneer, plus the dark gray/black finish is a lot better looking. I also like the controls a lot better. I think you'll be happy.
Old 07-03-01, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good choice!! Can't beat that price you both paid ($570+). When I bought mine in April of last year it cost me around $1000 .

I purchased the extra battery when I purchased my player just for convenience. It gets alot of use for long trips. I actually use my player in my car, connecting my DVD player to my stereo using one of those CD car adapters so I can listen to commentaries and stuff during long commutes.

Have fun with your new purchase!!