Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

sub $200 Subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-01, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm looking for a subwoofer for under $200 that anyone can recomend. I would like to get a new one rather than refurbished. If anyone has any info i would really appreciate it.

ShadowHawk
Old 05-23-01, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a search on "Sony Sub" You'll find more then enough info to make an informed decision.
Old 05-23-01, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you want to go to a little trouble, you could pick up a kenwood 503 system, keep the sub and sell the reciever and speakers for at least $200, pretty easily i would think.
the system itself sells for under $400.

Old 05-23-01, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No place in my area sells the sony sub, Sears only has 2 types and neither look good, and I don't have the $400 to throw in the kenwood, Is there anything you guys could recommend the sony at 159+35 for shipping is not such a bargain. Anybody?

ShadowHawk
Old 05-23-01, 08:24 PM

You aren't gonna find a better "under $200" sub than the Sony...period. It is indeed a "bargain" when compared to other subs in that price range.

Old 05-24-01, 08:30 AM
Banned

Order the Sony SAWM40 Sub from Crutchfield for $199.95!

$199.95 Sub
$ 9.95 Shipping (UPS)
_______
$209.90 Total!

You might find it a bit cheaper doing a price search, but the shipping will kill you elsewhere! Plus, I "know" crutchfield and trust them.

I received mine in two days! They have a no questions asked return policy & THEY pay shipping back if you return it! You won't return it though! Couldn't be happier with mine.

Link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...SAWM40&o=M&a=0
Old 05-24-01, 12:38 PM

My Sears did not have it either but they ordered it for me. It did take two weeks so if you are in need of one now then this wouldn't be the best answer but they price matched it for me at $150. This is an amazing sub and it makes even pro logic sound good......might as well when you get to the LFE channels of DTS and DD. I strongly suggest putting money into this. I believe you currently bought the pioneer 509S. I have this and the sony sub and it has spectacular sound.
Old 05-24-01, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just went to my local electronic store (REX) and got a cerwin vega 12" powered sub for $189, considering it was about $90 off the stickered price I am willing to check it out. When I get it hooked up and play with it I will let you guys know what I think. Any suggestions for the settings I should put it at frequency etc... Also I would like to thank everyone that responded even though I went a different way than the one you suggested I really appreciate the assistance.

ShadowHawk