Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Infinity speaker owners help me out.

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Infinity speaker owners help me out.

Old 05-08-01, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently have a pair of Infinity SM-185 bookshelf speakers. I've had them since '94 or so when I was college and low on cash. They were the best sounding speakers in that size at the time. Hell, they're better than a lot I've heard now.

Now I have money.

I'm looking at the Modulus series, as they seem most likely to fit my new place (1000 sq. ft./2 bedroom apt.).

Has anyone heard them? Are the rear speakers wireless or do i have to run lines to them? Can they bring the house down?

I'm having a hell of a time finding a dealer in the Dallas, TX area that carries them. I've sent an e-mail to Infinity sales asking for places closeby.

If these aren't as good as I hope, what would you recommend?
Old 06-01-01, 03:04 PM

'k it's been a while, but I'm bumping this up in the hopes that someone's heard these speakers. I found them at http://www.crutchfield.com for $1699.00 and am looking for a review before I shell out for them.

and now that I've moved into a larger apartment, I'll have to upgrade from my 27" Sony Trinitron. It just looks too damn small in my new place.
Old 06-01-01, 11:38 PM
Banned

I'm a big fan on Infinity speakers, but you can do a lot better price wise than those - I know they are smal and clip on the TV - why not get some Interludes