Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Which DVD special feature is the one you can't live without and why ?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-01, 09:35 PM
Banned Multiple Personalities

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For an essay I'm doing on dvd technology,I have to poll (via the net) advanced dvd enthusiasts with a sense of humor on their response to the above question.

If anyone can weigh in with any creative and / or witty comment/s that aren't ultra technical (be they serious or humorous),I'd be very grateful.

Old 04-19-01, 11:22 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
You would get many, many more answers in the DVD Talk or the Movies, Movies, Movies forum.
Old 04-20-01, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might also want to clarify the question a bit.

When you're talking about "special feature", are you talking about DVD specs or are you talking about bonus materials? Most people will think you're asking about bonus materials (commentaries, featurettes, etc.) but I suspect you're asking about specs (interactivity, multiple angles, etc.).

What exactly constitutes a "special" feature? Anything goes? Because I think most people got into DVD because of the increased picture resolution and durability of the medium, but I wouldn't exactly categorize those as "special" features -- they're the standard features of the format. 16:9 enhancement, picture resolution, digital audio, and optional subtitles are all standard features, but they're why I got involved.

If this is a poll, maybe you should come up with some possible choices, like an actual poll, so that people know what you're going for and can pick one from the list if they're not very imaginative. Like asking, "Why did you get into DVD in the first place? Was it because of the (A) blank, (B) blankety-blank, (C) blankety-blank-blank, or (D) other?" That way, people can say A, B, or C, or they can say "Those are all nice, but I really like this other feature..."