DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Exchange (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchange-6/)
-   -   Blu/HD Cases - Free (just cover my postage) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchange/571838-blu-hd-cases-free-just-cover-my-postage.html)

kenbuzz 04-04-10 10:29 AM

Blu/HD Cases - Free (just cover my postage)

I just finished un-casing all of my Blu Ray and HD-DVD discs to put them in DiscSox and am now literally swimming in empty Blu/HD cases. Rather than just take them to the dump, I thought I'd find out if anyone would like some of them first. Here's what I've got right now:

Blu Ray Cases:
<strike>30 Singles</strike> -> Lemmy
<strike>6 Doubles</strike> -> bahgee
<strike>4 Triples</strike> -> bahgee
<strike>2 Quads</strike> -> Lemmy
<strike>1 6-pack</strike> -> Lemmy
<strike>1 7-pack</strike> -> Lemmy

HD DVD Cases:
133 Singles (normal)
18 Singles (labeled HD/DVD Combo)
16 Singles (international extra wide)
6 Doubles
1 Triple/Quad (it was a triple, I added a spindle to make it a Quad)
1 Quad
1 6-pack

Black Case:
<strike>1 Single - not marked HD or BD, can be used generically as either.</strike> -> Lemmy

For most of the above, I can put up to five in a single Tyvek envelope. Postage for that would run approx $3. Stepping up to Priority Mail, I can stick 8-9 in a box for $5.95, or use the USPS Flat Rate Boxes: 25-ish will fit in a $10.70 box, 40-ish in a $14.50 box.

kenbuzz 04-04-10 10:34 AM

Re: Blu/HD Cases - Free (just cover my postage)

PS - Post a note to this thread if you want me to set something aside. I can get a postage quote and work out the details of the deal via PMs. I pretty much generically suck at checking PMs without being prompted, so please post here first before sauntering off into PM land. :)

wormraper 04-04-10 10:44 AM

Hey, I'd like your full set of Blu Cases (all sizes, if you still have them). let me know what postage with Delivery confirmation would be.

kenbuzz 04-04-10 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10087426)
Hey, I'd like your full set of Blu Cases (all sizes, if you still have them). let me know what postage with Delivery confirmation would be.

You mean all 44 of them?

bahgee 04-04-10 11:55 AM

If any blu double or triple are left I'll take em.

wormraper 04-04-10 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 10087498)
You mean all 44 of them?

well, just so as not to be greedy... I'll take

All 30 Singles
All the Quads
the 6 disc and 7 disc case/s too

Bahgee can have the doubles and triples being that I have a few of those already.

so that would be 34 cases

kenbuzz 04-04-10 02:16 PM

Okey dokey, I've got:

wormraper for all the Singles, Quads and the 6/7-disc cases
bahgee for all the Doubles and Triples.

Let me get a shipping quote and I'll follow up. Gimme a day or two.

skizzoid 04-04-10 02:18 PM

A couple of quick questions about the HD DVD cases- is the triple as thin as a double or slightly thicker? And do the singles have feet or not?

kenbuzz 04-04-10 02:30 PM

Could you two please PM me your mailing address? I have the smaller set of cases (the doubles/triples for bahgee) boxed and will head to the Post Office to weigh it and get a shipping quote this afternoon. Wormsy, I'll look for a flat rate box while I'm there for you. I may have to split your cases into two boxes depending on how big they are - 30-something cases plus a few "biggies" is a lot of cubage. :)

-K

kenbuzz 04-04-10 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by skizzoid (Post 10087663)
A couple of quick questions about the HD DVD cases- is the triple as thin as a double or slightly thicker? And do the singles have feet or not?

Turns out the HD Triple that I thought was a Triple was actually a Quad.

To answer your first question, I have three different double styles. The thin style is the same thickness as a single and it has a spindle on both inside covers. The thick style also has a spindle on both inside covers but it also have a hinge point on the spine where a leaf could be inserted. The third style is the same thickness as the "thick" Double, but it has a spindle on the right, a leaf in the center, and a place for a booklet on the left.

The Quad-that-I-thought-was-a-Triple is the same thickness as the "thick" double, and is slightly thicker than a standard domestic Single.

Most of my singles do not have feet, but a few of them do. I didn't count how many, but I would guess that less than a dozen have feet. I can go through them and count 'em up if you wish.

kenbuzz 04-04-10 02:46 PM

tbwmp88 - I got your PM. The Blu double is spoken for, but the rest are set aside for you until I can get a shipping quote.

HorrorFan88 - I got your PM, too. tbwmp88 has asked for 7-8 of the HDs, but I'll check into getting you a shipping quote to see if you want them or not.

Everyone else, depending on HF88, all of the cases may have been claimed.

Travis McClain 04-04-10 03:44 PM

Damn! I found this thread too late! If you happen to come across another Blu combo case (a la Disney), I will gladly take that off your hands. Triple or quad; as long as it fits a G-Force slipcover properly, I'll be happy.

kenbuzz 04-04-10 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10087650)
well, just so as not to be greedy... I'll take

All 30 Singles
All the Quads
the 6 disc and 7 disc case/s too

Bahgee can have the doubles and triples being that I have a few of those already.

so that would be 34 cases

It looks like they'll all fit in a Large Flat Rate box. $14.50 plus whatever options we choose (delivery confirmation, hand cancelled by the Swedish Bikini Team, etc). :)

wormraper 04-04-10 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 10087790)
It looks like they'll all fit in a Large Flat Rate box. $14.50 plus whatever options we choose (delivery confirmation, hand cancelled by the Swedish Bikini Team, etc). :)

mmmm, gotcha, hey I was wondering if you could send media mail. shipping for that size box shouldn't be above $5 at MOST and for that price I don't mind the slow speed it would take.

kenbuzz 04-04-10 06:02 PM

Well, that puts me in a pickle. I've got no problem shipping the cases MM and can even slip an unloved CD or DVD in the box to assuage my guilt. I appreciate the $5-for-my-trouble, but I'm just trying to find these puppies a home without it involving a landfill, and I'm really not in a profit motive. OTOH, it would be nice to be able to use one of these flat rate boxes I schlepped from the Post Office.

Ugh! Try to do a nice thing....

Okay, tell ya what. Wormsy, you were here first, I'll let it be your call. Do you want me to go into scrounge mode or should I just let Lemmy have 'em.?

wormraper 04-04-10 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 10087927)
Well, that puts me in a pickle. I've got no problem shipping the cases MM and can even slip an unloved CD or DVD in the box to assuage my guilt. I appreciate the $5-for-my-trouble, but I'm just trying to find these puppies a home without it involving a landfill, and I'm really not in a profit motive. OTOH, it would be nice to be able to use one of these flat rate boxes I schlepped from the Post Office.

Ugh! Try to do a nice thing....

Okay, tell ya what. Wormsy, you were here first, I'll let it be your call. Do you want me to go into scrounge mode or should I just let Lemmy have 'em.?

if lemmy is willing to pay the higher price go for it. I have no qualms about that.

wrath 04-04-10 07:35 PM

Hey there ... I know I'm getting in late but I'm interested in some of your single HD DVD cases if they're still available ... I'd also like to have the black case too if it's not too much trouble. How many can you fit in the flat rate box? I'm sure that would be plenty for me. Just let me know and I'll get the PayPal on the way to you.
Thanks,
Michael

kenbuzz 04-04-10 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10088001)
if lemmy is willing to pay the higher price go for it. I have no qualms about that.

Thanks, bub. We'll go that way.

Lemmy, PM me your snail addy if you would pls. After I get the box posted to you, I'll drop you a note letting you know how much it was. Do you want me to get confirmation delivery or any other add-ons?

kenbuzz 04-04-10 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by wrath (Post 10088067)
Hey there ... I know I'm getting in late but I'm interested in some of your single HD DVD cases if they're still available ... I'd also like to have the black case too if it's not too much trouble. How many can you fit in the flat rate box? I'm sure that would be plenty for me. Just let me know and I'll get the PayPal on the way to you.
Thanks,
Michael

Lemmy already claimed the black case, but I can send you a boxful of single HDs, no problemo. The Large Flat Rate box fits approximately 40 and runs $14.50 for postage. I can fit 25-30 in a Medium Flat Rate box for $10.70. Just let me know which size you want me to fill up and I'll handle the rest.

skizzoid 04-05-10 01:42 AM

How many HD cases can you fit in a $5 box? I'm definitely in for 2 of the thin HD doubles, and if they fit, I'd also like to add at least 5 normal singles and the BSG S1 case.

Kory 04-05-10 02:04 AM

Dammit, I've been looking for some standard-width 3-disc Blu-ray cases forever, and now I miss out on an opportunity to get some for free! UGH.

kenbuzz 04-05-10 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by skizzoid (Post 10088556)
How many HD cases can you fit in a $5 box? I'm definitely in for 2 of the thin HD doubles, and if they fit, I'd also like to add at least 5 normal singles and the BSG S1 case.

I can fit 8-10 cases in a box that comes in at $5.95. I'll check to see if 2 doubles, 5 singles and the BSG S1 case will all fit and will let you know. They're at home, I'm at work, so it'll be tonight before I try to "Tetris-ize" them. :)

Snowmaker 04-05-10 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 10088563)
Dammit, I've been looking for some standard-width 3-disc Blu-ray cases forever, and now I miss out on an opportunity to get some for free! UGH.

Same here.

skizzoid 04-05-10 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 10088690)
I can fit 8-10 cases in a box that comes in at $5.95. I'll check to see if 2 doubles, 5 singles and the BSG S1 case will all fit and will let you know. They're at home, I'm at work, so it'll be tonight before I try to "Tetris-ize" them. :)

Cool, thanks. Also, I'm not opposed to moving to a larger box if it'll fit substantially more cases, in case the Tetrisizing isn't so successful.

bahgee 04-05-10 02:29 PM

PM Sent Kenbuzz