Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

FS: X-Men Trilogy DVD Steelbooks

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 02-21-09, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I'm selling my X-Men 1 & 2 Best Buy exclusive steelbooks and my ultra rare FutureShop exclusive steelbook of X-Men 3. All of the cases have been opened and all discs are in excellent and working condition. The cases for X-Men 1 & 2 have no scratches or wear and tear on them, but the X-Men 3 steelbook has a couple on the back because it was bought used off of another member. The X-Men 3 steelbook is also missing the rear packaging slip w/ the bar code and the comic book. Otherwise, the other two are complete. Pics are attached. Asking price is $70 for all three. The price DOES NOT inlcude shipping. Payment is via PayPal. PM me if you're interested.

Old 02-21-09, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: FS: X-Men Trilogy DVD Steelbooks

I'll take it. Please check your PM.
Old 02-21-09, 11:47 PM

Wow, way too cheap to let these go. The X-Men The Last Stand SteelBook goes for at least twice this price by itself, without fail.
Old 02-22-09, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good deal, I would've taken it at that price as well.
Old 02-22-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, OP you could have easily gotten 150 for the Last Stand steelbook. All incredipinoy is going to do is sell it for that amount to someone else.
Old 02-25-09, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Wow, OP you could have easily gotten 150 for the Last Stand steelbook. All incredipinoy is going to do is sell it for that amount to someone else.
Yeah I know that they go for a lot, but I'd think that it wouldn't go for so much because it's an incomplete set. The original seller sold it to me like it is in late '06 for about $40 w/o the rear packaging slip and the comic book. I'd figure that the X-Men 1 & 2 steelbooks weren't going to sell for too much either because anyone can get them at their local Best Buy. Most of my selling price is just my inflation on the X3 steelbook. I didn't want to make the price too high.
Old 02-25-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bunker
Yeah I know that they go for a lot, but I'd think that it wouldn't go for so much because it's an incomplete set. The original seller sold it to me like it is in late '06 for about $40 w/o the rear packaging slip and the comic book. I'd figure that the X-Men 1 & 2 steelbooks weren't going to sell for too much either because anyone can get them at their local Best Buy. Most of my selling price is just my inflation on the X3 steelbook. I didn't want to make the price too high.
you, sir, are a better man than me
Old 02-25-09, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hindolio
you, sir, are a better man than me
And me. Would have ebayed the hell outta that thing and rolled in some extra dough haha.
Old 02-26-09, 12:57 PM

Payment Sent!
Old 02-27-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bunker
Bump for a man with some sense whose not out for the almighty buck.
Old 02-27-09, 09:15 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

but, is it me or does the X3 have some serious dings on the back (especially on those corners)? it wouldn't/shouldn't have gone for as much as you guys think with what is evident in the pics.
Old 02-27-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
but, is it me or does the X3 have some serious dings on the back (especially on those corners)? it wouldn't/shouldn't have gone for as much as you guys think with what is evident in the pics.
I was kinda thinking the same thing.
Old 02-27-09, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

noted, but imho, still a decent bargain for a lot of them steelbook crazies
Old 02-27-09, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
noted, but imho, still a decent bargain for a lot of them steelbook crazies
but not really for the tru SteelBook™ collector, maybe one that wants to have them just for the sake, but me being me i wouldn't settle for a movie i wanted in a sub-standard case.
Old 02-28-09, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

but not really for the tru SteelBook™ collector, maybe one that wants to have them just for the sake, but me being me i wouldn't settle for a movie i wanted in a sub-standard case.
Yeah but if it was limited to like 2000 copies or so, I'll take what I can get. You really can't be too picky if it is truly a rare item such as this.

For example, I'm just about wits end trying to find a John Rambo import Blu-ray steelbook for a reasonable price but regardless of condition these have been going for 200 to 300 dollars.
Old 02-28-09, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

okay slightly ot :wink: but...

imho, i concur. i passed on this although i am looking for this elusive x-men 3 steelbook as well. i will just have to wait longer.

Yeah but if it was limited to like 2000 copies or so, I'll take what I can get. You really can't be too picky if it is truly a rare item such as this.

For example, I'm just about wits end trying to find a John Rambo import Blu-ray steelbook for a reasonable price but regardless of condition these have been going for 200 to 300 dollars.
this is true and i am glad i am not in your shoes actively seeking rambo. a lot of life is about compromises here and drawing lines there. you do your best to decide when to do what.

in any case, great sale and congrats incredipony
Old 02-28-09, 10:12 AM

what does it matter if it is limited to any # of copies when you have a defective item?

when it comes to a rare that you must have, how can you not be picky and get something that not only you want, but would be a good collector's item in the future? YOU have to enjoy this for time to come and i don't know how you can enjoy something that is not perfect or close to it, even if you paid $10.

sure you can have the elusive X3 SteelBook™ but if it has noticeable dents and dings it is pretty much worthless.

unfortunatley, you still can't come to the secret club meetings we have and say, "hey, i got the X3, but it is battered and bruised." we were told not to let you in if that is the case

Last edited by OldBoy; 02-28-09 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-01-09, 01:01 AM

My X-Men 3 SteelBook also had a 'S' shaped scratch on the back of it that was purchase brand new.. I was able to contact someone a SteelBook about it and they didn't seem to be surprised and mentioned some problem with the machine that applied to glue to the back.. So I wonder how many out there are in perfect condition?

Anyways, nice price for the set and I hope it goes to someone who would appreciate it regardless of the flaws..
Later
Old 03-04-09, 06:27 PM

Got them today. Thanks OP!

Old 03-04-09, 11:02 PM

Thanks. Don't forget to leave feedback.