Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Why is my WTB HD DVD titles thread locked?

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 09-10-08, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is wanted to buy HD DVD titles against the rules? Please let me know, as I bought several from people.
Old 09-10-08, 08:54 PM

Probably because they did not have prices your willing to pay, that's my best guess...
Old 09-10-08, 09:18 PM

Is that a new rule? I did not know that one if it is.
Old 09-10-08, 10:27 PM

I'm not a mod, so I don't know for sure why, but I would guess because you have two active posts going, so they closed the oldest one, per forum rules. I think the pricing rule only applies to items you are wanting to sale. If you are wanting to buy, I don't think you have to post how much you are willing to spend. If you are selling, then you MUST post a price, or risk your thread getting locked without warning.

Here is the rule on multiple posts (copied from the Exchange Forum Guidelines Thread pinned to the top of the Trades Section):

Before You Post A Trade - Some Rules of The Road:
If you have an item (or group of items) to trade, you can post it in the DVD Talk Exchange forum. Please note, however, that you may only have 1 (one) open thread running at any given time. If two posts are found on the first page, the oldest one will be closed. Again, DO NOT open multiple threads for each item you wish to trade. Duplicate threads are subject to closure/deletion without notice! (Please consider using generic post titles that will allow you to edit and bump.)

Last edited by mr. b_dvd; 09-10-08 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-11-08, 12:21 AM
Mao

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd View Post
I'm not a mod, so I don't know for sure why, but I would guess because you have two active posts going, so they closed the oldest one, per forum rules. I think the pricing rule only applies to items you are wanting to sale. If you are wanting to buy, I don't think you have to post how much you are willing to spend. If you are selling, then you MUST post a price, or risk your thread getting locked without warning.

Here is the rule on multiple posts (copied from the Exchange Forum Guidelines Thread pinned to the top of the Trades Section):

Before You Post A Trade - Some Rules of The Road:
If you have an item (or group of items) to trade, you can post it in the DVD Talk Exchange forum. Please note, however, that you may only have 1 (one) open thread running at any given time. If two posts are found on the first page, the oldest one will be closed. Again, DO NOT open multiple threads for each item you wish to trade. Duplicate threads are subject to closure/deletion without notice! (Please consider using generic post titles that will allow you to edit and bump.)
You are correct, sir!