Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Looking for Lion King Collector's Gift Set information or items

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please excuse if this is in the wrong discussion.

I am looking for more information about this item, as well as the boxset slipcase. Also I have read some had a film cell that came with it? Can someone who owns it help confirm that?

If you have the item for sale, please PM me too. Thanks!

Old 07-03-08, 07:31 AM

I have a sealed copy here, no mention of any cells, it has 9 character portraits, the ultimate dvd companion book, and a 2 disc dvd. According to the packaging
Old 07-03-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rockybalboa
I have a sealed copy here, no mention of any cells, it has 9 character portraits, the ultimate dvd companion book, and a 2 disc dvd. According to the packaging
Thanks! Were there 2 different versions, because I've seen some places say it is 5 character portraits and the photo above only shows 5. TIA!
Old 07-03-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snausages
Please excuse if this is in the wrong discussion.

I am looking for more information about this item, as well as the boxset slipcase. Also I have read some had a film cell that came with it? Can someone who owns it help confirm that?

If you have the item for sale, please PM me too. Thanks!

mine has nine portraits and zero film cells. if there ever was a film cell, it musta been a disney exclusive maybe? and prolly didnt come on-pack maybe? i dunno.

as for any set having only 5 portraits, i highly doubt it, as the black case on the left (that is partially sitting on top of a couple of the portraits) is the holder for the portraits. five would not fill that cardboard holder, but nine fits nice and snug.

hope that helps
Old 07-03-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
mine has nine portraits and zero film cells. if there ever was a film cell, it musta been a disney exclusive maybe? and prolly didnt come on-pack maybe? i dunno.

as for any set having only 5 portraits, i highly doubt it, as the black case on the left (that is partially sitting on top of a couple of the portraits) is the holder for the portraits. five would not fill that cardboard holder, but nine fits nice and snug.

hope that helps
Thanks. A stupid question, how come I see in the black case in the photo above only shows 5? Perhaps the picture is wrong? Thanks again hindolio!
Old 07-04-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks. A stupid question, how come I see in the black case in the photo above only shows 5? Perhaps the picture is wrong? Thanks again hindolio!
np and thats a good question actually. whats up with that? i dunno lol.

dvdempires listing here doesnt have a complete pic, but accurately states that it is indeed 9 portraits.

good hunting
Old 07-04-08, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
np and thats a good question actually. whats up with that? i dunno lol.

dvdempires listing here doesnt have a complete pic, but accurately states that it is indeed 9 portraits.

good hunting
Thanks Any chance you have an opened copy to take pics of? Or all sealed for collectibility?

I stumbled upon the character portraits & book set the other day, w/out the dvd or the box to hold it all in. I didn't want to open it, so that's why I've been curious about all this. I would love to complete the collection if possible. Any idea if this is worth a lot? TIA!
Old 07-04-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Any chance you have an opened copy to take pics of? Or all sealed for collectibility?

I stumbled upon the character portraits & book set the other day, w/out the dvd or the box to hold it all in. I didn't want to open it, so that's why I've been curious about all this. I would love to complete the collection if possible. Any idea if this is worth a lot? TIA!
my copy is open. im not so sure pics will help ya much, as the amazon pic is fairly accurate (other than the number of portraits). if you reeeeaaaaaally want, email me with your addy and ill reply with some pics.

the price of this set starts at about $43 new on amazon right now and prolly a bit cheaper on greedbay. ill say being "worth a lot" is relative here
Old 07-04-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For reference, the Aladdin Collector's Gift Set DID come with a film cell. Maybe that's the set you're thinking about that included one?

My set, as the others mentioned above, includes the Platinum Edition DVD, 9 Sketches with one Certificate of Authenticity in the similarly presented slot card "frames", and the DVD Companion book.
Old 07-04-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for all the help! I knew I could count on you guys to set me straight!

I guess now I just have to hunt for a reasonable priced set? LOL!