DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

My Moving Sale...help a guy out.

Old 11-10-07, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My Moving Sale...help a guy out.

I am getting rid of as much of my stuff before i move as possible. So please look through my list and get in touch if you see if anything you are interested in. I am open to a bit of haggling, so if you don't like the price then make me an offer. I will offer discounts for purchase of numerous items. I will be updating this thread as much as possible until the New Year.Thanks for looking.

DVDs
The World is Not Enough - $2
Superman the Movie SE - $3 Pending
Eyes Wide Shut - $3
Heist - $3
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (2 Discs) - $7
Harry Potter and the Secret Chamber (2 Discs) - $7
Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban (2 Discs) - $7
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2 Discs) - $7
In Bed with Linsey Dawn Mckenzie (Region 2) - $5
U2: Zoo Tv - $7
Apocalypse Now Redux - $6
Cruising (Special Edition) - $8
Forbidden Planet - $6
Grind House: Death Proof - $9
Hot Fuzz - $9
Invincible Iron Man - $7
Jim Breuer: Heavy Metal Comedy - $5
Madonna: Music - $5
Stan Lees Mutants, Monsters and Masks - $5
The Cell - $5
The Mask of Zorro - $5
Three Kings - $5
Traffic - $5
Ultimate Avengers - $6
Ultimate Avengers 2 - $6
What Dreams May Come - $5

Video games

X-box

Mercenaries - $5

Gamescube

Timesplitters 2 - $5
Metroid Prime - $5

PS2

ATV Off Road 2 - $3

PC

All the Games listed below for only $30
Unreal Tournament
Rogue Trooper
Commandos Strike Force
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Just Cause
Splinter Cell Double Pack (Original game and Pandora Tomorrow)
Freedom Fighters
Will Rock
Need for Speed High Stakes
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
Halo
Unreal II
Secret Weapons Over Normandy
Unreal Tournament 2004
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Pariah

Comics

JLA Avengers 1-4 - $4
Marvel Super Hero Contest of Champions 1-2 - $2
Justice 1-5 - $3
Mephisto vs Avengers/Xmen/Xfactor 1-4 - $3
The Avengers 4 Issues - $1
Nemesis the Warlock 1-7 - $2
The Incredible Hulk 12 issues - $3
Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition 1-20 - $8
Infinite Crisis 1-7 - $4

Take them all for $22

Graphic Novels

The Death of Superman - $3
Star wars: Dark Empire - $4
DC/Marvel: Crossover Classics - $4
DC Versus Marvel - $4
Universe X Vol 1 and 2 - $5 each
Essential: Amazing Spiderman Vol. 6 - $4
Essential: Avengers Vol. 4 - $4
Essential: Spectacular Spiderman Vol. 1 - $4
Batman: Dark Night Dynasty - $3
Hercules: Prince of Power - $3

Take them all for $35

Books

Scorsese on Scorsese - $1 Pending
The Motorcycle Diaries - $1
American Psycho - $2
The Dice Man - $2
Chariots of the Gods - $2
A Brief History of Time - $2

Take them all for $6

Sold
Alien
Aliens
Time Bandits
Defenders of the Earth
Heat
Shawshank Redemption
Inifnity Abyss
The End
What If...
Snake Pliskkin Chronicles
Rogue Squadron II
Mario Sunshine
Emerald Dawn II

Last edited by james2025a; 11-27-07 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-11-07, 02:12 AM

What condition are The Death of Superman and Batman Dark Night Dynasty covers and pages in new, worn, bent, etc...?
Old 11-11-07, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All the comics are in plastic covers and are in perfect condition and the graphic novels are all perfect with no tears or folds on any of the pages or covers.
Old 11-11-07, 03:46 PM

sent payment for:

The Infinity Abyss 1-6 -$3
Thanos 1-12 - $4
The End 2-6 - $3
Old 11-12-07, 09:24 AM

ygm
Old 11-12-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mink-e
ygm
You got mail.
Old 11-13-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Updated
Old 11-13-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Omyard
What condition are The Death of Superman and Batman Dark Night Dynasty covers and pages in new, worn, bent, etc...?
YGM
Old 11-27-07, 11:44 AM

Been having a tough time with this guy. As you can see in a post I made above I bought several comics from him. They were sent in a plain manila envelope with no protection and not even bagged as he said they were. Needless to say they received many a bump in transit and the OP would rather blame the post office for damage than accept responsibility for his lack of suitable protective packaging and blame me for not purchasing insurance on $11 worth of comics. I apologize for the length of this post, but I wanted to document our pm's as a warning to all those that are considering to make a purchase from him. That's fine if you think I'm a ass based on my responses. I just can't stand it when people just throw stuff in the mail haphazardly and won't take any responsibility once the contents arrive damaged.

11-19-07, 03:11 PM from Me
Hey James got the comics. They are all messed up because of the lack of packaging. Also in your thread you stated "All the comics are in plastic covers and are in perfect condition". What you sent are not bagged and boarded and are not in perfect condition. All of them are now beaten up really well and the flimsy manilla envelope used to send them was torn open leaving it's contents fully exposed. I would of figured someone who collected comics would atleast know how to send them, so they wouldn't get damaged. How would you like to rectify this?
11-21-07, 08:24 AM from OP
Well i don't know what i can do. You didn't pay anything extra for the delivery and i sent them media mail. I apologize for the delivery and the condition that they have arrived in, but when i sent them they were in perfect condition. I would suggest that if the packaging is ripped and the comics have been damaged you take it up with the post office directly. If you had paid for insurance this would have covered you i am sure...but again you did not ask for insurance. I believe that most of the comics did have covers and cardboard and only a few were missing these. I honestly do not know what you would like me to do. If the post office had done their job they would have arrived in perfect condition. Once the package is out of my hands i cannot do anything and if the package is uninsured then it makes the situation even worse. What would you suggest i do?

I just checked again and the money you sent was $11 ($10 for the comics and $1 towards shipping). Well the shipping came to around $3 and then i am charged around 70 cents by Paypal for the transaction. So in total i came out with about $7.30, and it would have been even less if i had paid for a bubble wrap envelope....and i expect that you want some form of refund on top of that. Well i suggest that in the future you request insurance on all items and pay the extra for decent shipping. I send the items out in the condition that they are in (and the comics were in perfect condition when i had them). I have had the same problem with the postal service breaking things i have ordered and it is one of the reasons i always get insurance. All i can do is apologize.
11-25-07, 09:54 PM from Me
I'm not sure where to begin, but lets go with proper shipping first. It is not the post office's job to handle a package with kid gloves. One should expect packages to get abused and pack accordingly. That is your responsibility to pack items to prevent them from being damaged. By your logic I could sell you a dvd digipack set, throw it in an envelope with no padding, and then tell you to take it up with the post office once it arrives crushed on all corners and the spindles that hold the discs are broken. In reality who would you blame? Me for underpacking fragile material or the post office for just doing their job of delivering it? Using two pieces of cardboard to sandwich the comics between would of provided better protection than what you used which was nothing and that would of not been an additional expense.

As far as your stab at me for not purchasing insurance.... Insurance on an $11 purchase? Do you actually expect anyone to purchase $11 worth of insurance?

Next in your thread you said "I am open to a bit of haggling, so if you don't like the price then make me an offer. I will offer discounts for purchase of numerous items." I made you an offer and you took it. Don't turn it around on me and say I paid you only $1 for shipping. Nowhere in your thread do you mention if shipping is included or not, so most people would assume it is. I was being nice and giving you an extra buck to cover your paypal fee and not even haggling with you on the price as I was purchasing multiple items.

You might think a few of the ones you sent have covers, but not one of the books does. Anyway it doesn't matter, because you said they all do. Not a few, but all.

Thanks for the apology, but it doesn't mean much if you can't expect responsibility for your oversights. Instead you pretty much give me the "I'm sorry that you feel the way you do." line. Hey you screwed up. It happens. The money doesn't matter to me, it's the principle. Your refusal to bear any of the blame irks me a lot more than some dinged up comics that are are not even worth anything in perfect condition anyway.
11-26-07, 07:48 AM from OP
Ok my turn now. First of all let me start by saying that it is the fault of the Post Office for the damage that has incurred. The package was in perfect condition when it was in my hands and in transit is where the damage has been done. For you to try and say that the Post Office is not responsible for any damage done to any packages ever sent is ludicrous. Why do they offer insurance then if it is not their fault? They will not admit to it being there fault....but the Post Office is always crappy when it comes to shipping. Thats why i always pay for the insurance on anything i get shipped, simply because i know that there is a good chance that they will either damage or lose the package. So don't try and blame me for damages that have incurred intransit on me.

If you wanted it perfect you should have paid the insurance. And don't give me that $11 no need for insurance bull. You added $1 for shipping, so thats fine. It cost me more than $1, but i was not going to wrap it all up nice and tight in a nice protected envelope and then pay for insurance for you on top of it. Be realistic man. My advice is always pay the insurance...its only 50 cents or so.

It is YOUR responsibility to pay the necessary amount for shipping. It is my responsibility to send the item in the manner i see fit in accordance with the amount of money that has been provided for shipping. $1 gets you $1 worth of shipping. If you want them sent in a protected form then pay the amount.

I have apologized for what has happened, but don't try and feed me the line that the money doesn't matter part and that it was my attitude that irked you. The first email i received from you stated the problem and you wanted to know how we would resolve this. Well i read that as you wanted some kind of reinbursement. I offered you my apologies....but they were rejected and you have taken any blame away from the PO and placed it entirely on me. I think you need to look at the bigger picture and ask yourself "What shipping should i expect for $1 for a parcel being sent from Puerto Rico to California?"

I would continue with this discussion, but i know that whatever i say is not going to make you happy. Just know that any messages i receive from you in the future are simply going to be deleted without being read.
Old 11-27-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by feloosa
Been having a tough time with this guy. As you can see in a post I made above I bought several comics from him. They were sent in a plain manila envelope with no protection and not even bagged as he said they were. Needless to say they received many a bump in transit and the OP would rather blame the post office for damage than accept responsibility for his lack of suitable protective packaging and blame me for not purchasing insurance on $11 worth of comics. I apologize for the length of this post, but I wanted to document our pm's as a warning to all those that are considering to make a purchase from him. That's fine if you think I'm a ass based on my responses. I just can't stand it when people just throw stuff in the mail haphazardly and won't take any responsibility once the contents arrive damaged.
I tried talking this through with you and apologizing, but as i mentioned in my emails you paid a minimal fee for postage and did not pay for any insurance. I cannot take responsibility for the actions of the post office. I don't feel this is the appropriate way to deal with this issue and the way you have acted has been inappropriate and very demanding from the word go. Needless to say that i am taking this to the forum moderator as i feel you have over stepped the mark.
Old 11-27-07, 04:50 PM

I haven't "demanded" a thing. Please point out where I've asked for anything other than you take responsibility for your crappy packaging and refusal to assume responsibility for your actions. And don't worry about alerting a mod as I wrote one as per forum guidelines.
Old 11-27-07, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by feloosa
And don't worry about alerting a mod as I wrote one as per forum guidelines.
Wll you didn't read the forum rules too well because it states the following:

- DO NOT bring a dispute you are having on to the forum. Starting threads where you are openly battling with another member IS GROUNDS FOR SUSPENSION. If you are at wits end and need help. Email the DVD Exchange Mod or DVD Talk Admin for help. We can often point you in the right direction.

Just another display of what i have had to put up with from you. So refrain from continuing to post on this thread and let Mao take it from here.