Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

WANTED: Best Buy Bonus Discs for Star Trek TOS 1-3 & Friday 13th Box (Jason Forever)

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

WANTED: Best Buy Bonus Discs for Star Trek TOS 1-3 & Friday 13th Box (Jason Forever)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm looking for the bonus discs from each of the three seasons of Star Trek TOS.

I'd also like to have the bonus disc that came with the 'From Crystal Lake to Manhattan' Friday the 13th Box Set. I believe the disc was called 'Jason Forever.'

Anyone interested in selling send me a message of just post here. Thanks!
Old 08-19-06, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
I own the Jason Forever bonus DVD.
Please post, or feel free to e-mail me, how much you're willing to give for it.
Thanks!

clappj
-God Trader
Old 08-20-06, 04:49 AM

Honestly, I don't know how much it's worth. I've looked for it on ebay occasionally, and I remember seeing it sell for $15.00 once (I forgot to bid, and I was pissed, which is why I remember).

Why don't you let me know what you'd like to have for it, and we can deal from there.
Old 08-20-06, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Living Dead
Honestly, I don't know how much it's worth. I've looked for it on ebay occasionally, and I remember seeing it sell for $15.00 once (I forgot to bid, and I was pissed, which is why I remember).

Why don't you let me know what you'd like to have for it, and we can deal from there.
And I have seen it sell for over $100 before (a while back).
There's no current eBay auctions, so it's hard to figure out the current "going rate,:
Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 08-20-06, 09:56 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've been watching the last few on ebay, cause i was looking for a copy as well.

one ended with the set on july 8th for $57.21 ( though the guy didn't advertise it very much that it was included)

the previous 2 i saw sell without the set were for $19.75, and for $31.00

i missed the 19.75 one because i forgot about auction close, and i was the 2nd high bidder @ $30 on the other..

but still no luck.
Old 08-21-06, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by lcnickell
i've been watching the last few on ebay, cause i was looking for a copy as well.

the previous 2 i saw sell without the set were for $19.75, and for $31.00.
Those prices sound like about what I'd expect to pay for a bonus disc in limited supply. If they're still selling for over $100, then I won't be able to afford it. I had no idea it sold for that much at one time. I figured I would pay between $20 and $30 for it when I made this post, but I didn't really know what it went for nowadays.

Clappj, I'd offer you $35 shipped for it. That's about the best I can do.

Last edited by Living Dead; 08-21-06 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-29-06, 03:08 AM

If anyone else out there has the Jason Forever DVD and would be interested in selling, I'm still looking. Unless it's for $100, no bonus disc is worth that.

Also, I got the first 2 TOS discs off ebay, but I still need the third.
Old 08-29-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Living Dead
Clappj, I'd offer you $35 shipped for it. That's about the best I can do.
I actually paid $40 for it, and I can't see taking a loss on it.
I appreciate the offer though!
Old 08-29-06, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who is a serious fan of the Friday The 13th movies knows how rare and valuable the Jason Forever bonus dvd is. It was near impossible to find on release day and Best Buy only made a small number of them. Ebay has been loaded with bootlegs lately and I strongly feel that the majority of Jason Forever dvds that have been on Ebay are in fact bootlegs.
I personally own one and I would not part with it for nothing below $100.00
If the OP of this thread wants this disk he is going to have to pay for it, no one will give it away..
Old 08-29-06, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by dvdlover631
Anyone who is a serious fan of the Friday The 13th movies knows how rare and valuable the Jason Forever bonus dvd is. It was near impossible to find on release day and Best Buy only made a small number of them. Ebay has been loaded with bootlegs lately and I strongly feel that the majority of Jason Forever dvds that have been on Ebay are in fact bootlegs.
I personally own one and I would not part with it for nothing below $100.00
If the OP of this thread wants this disk he is going to have to pay for it, no one will give it away..
Sorry, Clappj, I hope my offer didn't offend you. I wasn't aware how much you paid.

And dvdlover, I love the Friday the 13th movies, but I guess I don't fit your requirement for being a serious fan, because I had never heard of this bonus disc until a day before I made this post, when I read about it in someone else's post. I never asked anyone to give anything away... I didn't know what it was worth, there were none on ebay for me to reference, and I said that up front. Some people say twenty, some forty, some a hundred... I'm not trying to start an argument. But a hundred bucks for a taped fangoria panel? I thought it might be something cool to have, but if that really is the going rate, then I can do without it, because that is a complete waste of money. Guess I'll never be a true fan.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread, I'll just keep an eye on ebay.