Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

FS: The Ian Charity Engagement Ring Auction

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

FS: The Ian Charity Engagement Ring Auction

Old 06-23-06, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: The Ian Charity Engagement Ring Auction Lots of HK and Horror + Rares and Others

NOTE: I've traded via asiandvdguide.com , kung fu fandom (ezboard one) and kfccinema.com. I can provide references if need. I posted at this also at those sites and at one other so if you see them at others I put it there

Hey guys I wanted to get your opinion on a plan I about to put into action in order. I plan on selling my entire collection of DVDs and VHSs(all genres), books and rare signed items in order to get an engagement ring for my girlfriend Jessica.

The prices for these items will be a little high then normal (nothing too bad) but you understand its a charity sale . Some prices will actually be less then retail so dont worry . Also the prices will be in USD so all the Brits and Europeans on this board will be getting a built in discount in a sense with currency conversion. However the prices wont be to bad for all the yanks to have to run for covers so dont worry guys) Also feel free if you want to try and make you own best offer as I may accept it but I would like to keep close to the set prices to raise the most money but please feel free to try.

Now some of you maybe thinking you poor guy what is she doing to you. No its not that. Its I found the girl of my dreams and I want to get married. She truly completes me as a human being and is my soulmate. When I look in her eyes I just see heaven and happiness. Honestly typing this last sentence makes me even forget about my dvds. Plus how many girls will love to watch South Park with you We've been together since Feb 15, 2002 and its not fair to keep her waiting. I have about 2000 USD saved up and a 500 USD graduation gift from my parents. Luckily I'm going to be able to get a deal on the ring so I can get a beautiful 1carat ring (its not going to be junk either its via a family friend and will have no color and high clarity and a great cut for a lot less but still a lot of money).

My goal is to raise around 1000-2000 USD in the next couple of weeks. If I raise more then so much the better . I want to say that this money will ONLY be spent on a ring and anything remaining on my credit card bill. NOTHING ELSE. I plan to use paypal which should be easier enough for everyone I just need to check the requirements on it. I will also keep a current countdown of the total I get

I plan to have a full list within 12-24 with prices. Shipping will be extra but thats so I dont go broke shipping it . Airmail will be used (for international 1st class for US) so people shouldnt have to wait more than a week (I sent something to Austraila and its was only 6 days for about 6 bucks so it wont be to bad)

Some items will include
Fortune Star Box Sets
New HK flicks (Election and SPL)
Rare Horror Films
Rare OOP R1s (Quatermass and the Pit sells for no lesst the 60 on Amazon and the rare two disc Big Trouble in Little China first pirint)
Rare HK films
One Japanese R2 Godzillas with rare extras
Some great books (Kurosawa film guide among many others)
Rare signed goods by Japanese actors, directors, and the gajin Robert Duhnman best known as the emperor of seatopia in Godzilla vs Megalon)

When I get older and get done with school and have a job. I can always get more so dont feel bad at all. This is a chance to really help me out. Plus I can always do a dvd-r or rent something I sell. Honestly by buying something you will really be helping me out

So Guys Will You Help Me Out and Get Some Great Stuff At The Same Time

NOTE: This is only the DVDs. VHS's and Books will come up tommorow along with signed items and man will it be good. Actually these prices are somewhat cheaper then retail on most of them so you will be getting a deal. Email the title you want to [email protected]. Postage is added to the price once i calculate it via the USPS. Overseas is Airmail and Domestic is 1st Class. Saves you money but doesnt sacrifice speed. Payments will be done via paypal if paying from non US when selecting to send funds via (only after I have cleared the titles dont want any one to be disppaointed) please select USD

GUYS I'm depending on your help and I know you wont let me down. If I can sell the vast majoirty of these items then guys its going to be a great couple of weeks coming up. And I post video of the propsal too for you all to see as a added bouns but lets get me that ring and credit card money first

Feel free if you want to try and make you own best offer as I may accept it but I would like to keep close to the set prices to raise the most money but please feel free to try.

TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED: $30.00 USD

1. 2 Guys and a Cop- Widesight R0 $7 USD (ALL PRICES In USD)
2. A Better Tomorrow Fortune Star Set R0 OOP $40 USD
3. A/V 2 Disc Mei Ah R0 $15 USD
4. Aces Go Places Fortune Star Box Set R0 $50 USD (its five films)
5. Anchor Bay Double Feature RATS! And Hell of the Living Dead $10 USD
6. Atragon R1 Tokyo Shock 20 USD
7. Big Trouble in Little China Spec Ed RARE OOP 2 Disc Version $40
8. Black Mask Uncut R2 HK Video PAL RARE $20 USD
9. Bogus Cops R0 PAL $14 USD
10. Bolo R0 Jalisco $10 USD
11. Breaking News R0 Megastar $15
12. Bride with White Hair R1 Tai Seng Spec Ed $15 HOLD
13. Burning Paradise Uncut Red Sun R0 $15 HOLD
14. Century of the Dragon R0 Universe $12
15. China Strike Force Delta Mac R0 $10
16. Chinese Ghost Story Fortune Star Set R0 $40
17. Chud R1 Anchor Bay $15
18. Colour of the Loyalty R0 Mei Ah $15
19. Conquest R1 Blue Underground $20
20. Contamination R1 Blue Underground $20
21. Destination Moon R1 Image $10
22. DJANGO R1 Blue Underground $20
23. Dunwich Horror/ Die Monster Die GM Midnite Movie R1 $12
24. Ed Wood Spec Ed R1 $20
25. Election 2 Disc R0 Panarama $20
26. Enter the Fat Dragon Crash Cinema R0 $15
27. Fall of the House of Usher/ Pit and the Pendulum MGM Midnite Movie R1 $12
28. Fist of Fury RARE OOP R0 Megastar first ever Bey Logan commentary $30
29. Fist of Legend Mei Ah VCD $15
30. Full Contact R1 with alternate score Sony $20

32. God of Gamblers Returns Mei Ah R0 Remaster $15 (Get Both for 25)
33. God of Gamblers Mei Ah R0 Remaster $15
34. Godzilla 2K US version R1 Sony $15
35. Godzilla Mothra King Ghidorah R1 Sony $17
36. Godzilla Raids Again No subs R2 features isolated Music Score and 1000K + Image Gallery $35
37. Godzilla Tokyo SOS R1 Sony $17
38. Godzilla vs Gigan Sony R1 $17
39. Godzilla vs Hedorah (aka Godzilla vs the Smog Monster) Sony R1 $17
40. Godzilla vs KG/ Godzilla Vs Mothra R1 Sony Pan and Scan dub only $15
41. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 74 R1 Sony (May be one of the most amazing MG flicks ever) $19
42. Godzilla vs Space Godzilla/ Godzilla vs Destroyah R1 Sony dub only Widescreen $16
43. Godzilla X Mechagodzilla 03 Sony R1 $17
44. Godzilla X Megaguris R1 Sony $17
45. Hand of Death Fox R1 $10
46. Hard Boiled rare OOP Fox Lorber R1 $40
47. High Risk Uncut R0 Universe $15
48. Hitman HKL Release $10
49. Hitman Mei Ah R0 Remaster $15
50. In Sword We Trust R0 Jalisco RARE $15 Cheaper than Falkors
51. Infernal Affairs 1-3 (can be gotten separately) R0 Megastar (3 was supposed to be Coded but I don’t think mine was can double check) $15 each $35 for all three
52. Invaders from Mars Image R1 $15
53. Iron Fisted Monk R1 Uncut Fox $12
54. Jing Hu 2 Disc Mei Ah R0 $15
55. Journey to the West Classic Chinese TV Series from CCTV no subs but worth it $25
56. Kentucky Fried Movie (Fistful of Yen ) Anchor Bay R1 $15
57. King Kong Escapes US Version $12
58. King Kong Spec Ed 2 Disc 1933 $15 USD
59. King vs Godzilla US Version R1 Universal $12
60. Knockabout R1 Fox $10
61. Kung Fu Hero R0 Jalisco $15
62. Long Arm of the Law R0 Deltamac $10
63. Master of the Flying Guillotine R1 Pathfinder (both releases) $15
64. Matinee Image R1 $20
65. Mercenaries from Hong Kong R3 Celestial $15
66. Moving Targets R0 2 Disc Universe $15
67. Mr Vampire R1 Fox $10
68. New Police Story R0 Joy Sales $17
69. Now you see me now you don’t R0 Widesight $10
70. Once Upon a Time In China and America R2 MIA release PAL $14
71. One Nite in Mongkok R0 Universe $17
72. Orgazmo R1 Universal Spec Ed $14
73. Panic in the Year Zero/Last Man on Earth MGM Midnite Movies R1 $12
74. Police Story 2 HK Cut Deltamac R0 $12
75. Police Story Fortune Star Box Set R0 $35
76. Pom Pom R0 Universe $10
77. Postman Strikes Back R1 Fox $10
78. PTU R0 Mei Ah $15
79. Quatermass and the Pit R1 Spec Ed OOP RARE $55 (check amazon this is actually cheaper)
80. Red Shield R0 Universe $12
81. Robot Monster R1 Image $10
82. Rumble in the Bronx R0 Uncut China Star DVD same as VCD but not subs $15
83. Rumble in the Bronx UNCUT ORGINAL OAR and Language and Subbed VCD from Warner’s rare and impossible to find $25
84. Son of Godzilla R1 Sony (Sony Godzilla DVDs generally rival the R2s barring the two double features) $17
85. SPL R0 2 Disc Deltamac $17
86. Spooky Encounters R1 Fox $10
87. Street Law R1 Blue Underground $20
88. Swordsman R0 Fortune Star Remaster $15
89. Taoism Drunkard R0 Crash Cinema $15
90. Terror Beneath the Sea R1 Dark Sky $10
91. The Crawling Eye R1 Image $10
92. The Executioners R0 Universe $15
93. The Killer RARE OOP Winstar R1 $45
94. The Land that Time Forgot/ The People that Time Forgot Mgm Midnite Movie R1 $12
95. The Mysterians Tokyo Shock R1 $17
96. The Thing from Outer Space R1 Warner Brothers $12
97. The Thing Original Universal DVD Has Isloated Score as a feature not on new dvd R1 $25
98. Tiger on Beat R0 Universe $12
99. Universal The Mummy Franchise Collection R1 (Old Classic Mummy 5 Movies) $18
100. War Gods of the Deep/ At the Earths Core MGM Midnite Movie R1 $12
101. War in Space Discotek Media R1 $20
102. Warriors Two Fox R1 $10
103. Way of the Dragon HKL R2 PAL $15
104. Where Going to Eat You Uncut Mei Ah R0 Remaster $15
105. Winners and Sinners R1 Fox $10
106. You Shoot I Shoot R0 Golden Asia $15

Last edited by gfanikf; 06-23-06 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-23-06, 10:00 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Um....no.