DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Exchange (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchange-6/)
-   -   Weird Request for PLANET OF THE APES [1968] DVD Case (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchange/463795-weird-request-planet-apes-%5B1968%5D-dvd-case.html)

Filmmaker 04-29-06 04:36 PM

Weird Request for PLANET OF THE APES [1968] DVD Case

I have a factory-sealed copy of PLANET OF THE APES [1968]: 35th Widescreen Anniversary Edition that I received recently from DeepDiscountDVD.com that shows (to my anal retentive eye) too much damage to the case (the one that looks like black-and-white images printed on foil stock); nothing that normal people would bat an eye at, just some spine creasing and bumped corners. I was wondering if some loose, relaxed, not uptight and with more important things to care about than the condition of DVD packaging individual happens to have a mint-condition copy of this case they'd be willing to part with for a manageable fee or trade for my less than pristine case? It's only the case I need, not the DVDs themselves. I know, I know...weird request, but there are worse things than making a weirdo happy...

OldBoy 04-30-06 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
I have a factory-sealed copy of PLANET OF THE APES [1968]: 35th Widescreen Anniversary Edition that I received recently from DeepDiscountDVD.com that shows (to my anal retentive eye) too much damage to the case (the one that looks like black-and-white images printed on foil stock); nothing that normal people would bat an eye at, just some spine creasing and bumped corners. I was wondering if some loose, relaxed, not uptight and with more important things to care about than the condition of DVD packaging individual happens to have a mint-condition copy of this case they'd be willing to part with for a manageable fee or trade for my less than pristine case? It's only the case I need, not the DVDs themselves. I know, I know...weird request, but there are worse things than making a weirdo happy...

that's so funny that you mention this as i have had a situation with this very case that had me cussing at people at Suncoast.

this case seems very prone to bruising. i bought one and it was so bruised on the spine that i couldn't bare to look at it on the shelf. so with reciept in hand i exchanged it after going to two stores for a slightly better one. the spine was better, but still bruised on front and little back. then i wanted another and tried to have them order it and they said it was oop and they couldn't. then one place said they could, but i had to come in the store to do it. i thought that was ridiculous and scoffed. i was pissed, the suncoasters were pissed, the regional manager i called was pissed.

it was such a headache and i still want a better condition, but after many therapy sessions on just this dvd case, i am living with it, but every once in awhile, in the pitch of night i wake up in a cold sweat reliving this horror...this horror! (true story)

i can't help film, but i feel your pain...your pain!

Filmmaker 05-01-06 08:54 AM

Digipaks must die...