Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

FS/T ~Classic Noir~ Body and Soul/Champion

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 12-01-04, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I have some brand new, sealed 2-packs of Body and Soul, starring John Garfield, and Champion, starring Kirk Douglas. A couple classic 40s boxing films, lensed by two of Hollywood's great cinematographers- James Wong Howe and Franz Planer- at their best.

I bought a wholesale lot of these awhile back from Artisan, and thought I might find some interest among the cinephiles on this forum. Also makes a great (and cheap) gift for anyone with a passion for hard bitten cynicism, monochromatic postwar despair, and/or digital pugilism

I am offering them for only $8.50 shipped (approx. my cost) to all U.S. locations- $9 to Canada. PayPal, money orders, cashier's checks, cash, it's all good. I'm also open to trade offers. You can e-mail me through my link, or at the address below. Thanks.

[email protected]

Last edited by legend42; 02-20-05 at 02:55 AM.
Old 12-01-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This sounds like a good deal for two noirs I have yet to check out. I'm at zschellh@uiuc.edu, let me know what your address is, as I will have to send concealed cash. Thanks for offering this to us, as it's at least 50% off what you'll find it online for.

edit: This is the 2-disc, right?

Last edited by drjay; 12-01-04 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-01-04, 01:52 PM

Drjay, thanks and yes, it is 2 discs- with separate cases and covers, etc. The same set that's at Best Buy for $22.99 and Overstock.com for $16.19 (without shipping).

And YGM. Thanks again.
Old 12-01-04, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

YGM

Jean Paul
Old 12-01-04, 10:50 PM

YGM
Old 12-02-04, 02:53 PM

Rob,

I got your offer, but my reply was delayed (for some reason, I'm having problems sending e-mail to aol accounts). Thanks, but I have one from your list, and the others don't really interest me. If you have more available for trade, I'll definitely look.