Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

WANTED: Insert for J. Carpenter's "The Thing"

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 11-11-04, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to purchase or trade with someone for the insert which came with the first DVD release of JohnCarpenter's "The Thing". The newest release has a pocket for an insert, but comes with nothing. I can be reached at [email protected] or replies can be made here.

Thanks in advance, anyone/everyone!
Old 11-11-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mine didn't come with anything in that pocket also.
Perhaps none of them did.?.?
Although, that would be pretty weird to create that holder for nothing!!!
Old 11-11-04, 07:29 PM
Banned

clappj, nothing came in ANY of the copies of the re-release, only in the original release; that's the insert I want (it's actually a nice booklet, and will fit nicely in this empty pocket of the re-release).

I have NO CLUE as to why any company that spends the money to re-release a fun, great flick like this one would create confusion (as well as unecessary costs) by producing a disc jacket with a pocket containing....NOTHING. It's just dumb!
Old 11-11-04, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I horked an extra one from work. Insert I mean, not the movie. I'd have to double check but I'm pretty certain I could help you out. Email me at cphelps11[email protected] if you want to try and work something out.
Old 11-11-04, 07:50 PM

This is one of my pet peeved are you buying the dvd for the movie or the insert/no foreign writing on the cover slick/wether it comes in a metal or some other special case ?
Old 11-12-04, 03:30 AM

Originally posted by Gattman
This is one of my pet peeved are you buying the dvd for the movie or the insert/no foreign writing on the cover slick/wether it comes in a metal or some other special case ?
when you collect something, you like to have it complete. yes i buy a movie because i like the movie, but i also collect DVD's. People who collect military uniforms like them to have all the insignia. People who collect expensive art want the original frame. People who collect hardback books want the dustjacket with it. There is no difference.
Old 11-12-04, 07:47 AM
Banned

Kudos to you, kovacs01, for explaining my predicament precisely.

And, not trying to threadcrap you here, Gattman, but I have two points:

1) Would you/do you keep your DVDs on a tall spindle, taking them out to watch them, or would you like the packaging to keep them in? This said, the packaging was created with a place for an insert BUT HAS NONE. Therefore, I think that to look nice/right/aesthetically pleasing to the (discerning) eye, I would like to try to obtain the original insert, to have something appropriate to put in the slot.
[SIDE NOTE:And this has occurred before with this manufacturer; slots with nothing in them. The costs of maintaining the die to cut them should, let alone the extra printing/assembly, cause the company to eliminate this unecessary step(s) in manufacturing.]

2) Why would it be a pet peeve of yours what I collect for the movies I purchase? It should've been fairly obvious by the headline what was being sought in this "ad". If you don't like/are intolerant of this type of stuff, just do what I would do...STAY OUT OF IT. Because it truly is...nunya....

Old 11-14-04, 05:12 PM
Banned

up