Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

FT/FS: New Releases/The Office S1/Ed Wood/21 Grams/Dirty Pretty Things/etc...

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

FT/FS: New Releases/The Office S1/Ed Wood/21 Grams/Dirty Pretty Things/etc...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not really interested in that deal. I do admire your shrewdness though. My key interests in Army of Darkness was to sweeten the gamecube deal since it was a title that I have some interest in. However, since there are now better versions of that title, my interest for it as an individual dvd has lessened. I don't go by retail prices as far as I'm concerned. I go by what I can get them for used on ebay, at pawn shops, used cd/dvd stores, flea markets, other people on trade forums, etc. I happen to know that Fear and Loathing goes regularly for about $25-$30 on ebay used. I can get Army of Darkness for about $8 used regularly. You, yourself, are trying to sell Escape From NY for $14. Usually I don't care about the prices that other places put on things. I go by what I can get them for, and I can get those two for about half of what you've priced them for.
Old 04-29-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

did you have a chance to look at my list? I am still interested in Seabiscuit, Whale Rider, and Dirty Pretty Things.
Old 04-29-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The guy who had Seven Samurai CC for trade and still does is ESQUBED. You may want to check out his thread.
Old 04-29-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey Stonecountry....

Hmm, I'm not trying to be shrewd at all (but thanks for admiring that quality, nonetheless). I was trying to be fair. And the best way I thought I could do that was to list the DDD prices.

If I'm trying to sell Escape From New York: SE at $14, it's still cheaper than what you can get for on ebay (at auction's end, mind you). If I had Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, I would also sell it on here for a bit less than it's worth. The point was to give someone a good deal for a movie that I don't particularly care for. Win-win situation, imo.

The difference between an ebay seller and a dvdtalker is that you know exactly what you'll be getting from a dvdtalker (unless the ebayer is ALSO a dvdtalker). But, anyway, all this is a moot point since I know now that you're not interested in Army of Darkness.

If you still have a desire to pull off a trade, why don't you make a counter offer? You now know what dvds I'm interested in.

As for Esquebed's dvd list. I browsed at it once, and I do have a mild interest in Seven Samurai. But I wanted to know if there was a difference between his (from the Criterion box) and the regular ol' Criterion (if there's any difference at all) before I pursued any trade inquiry. The lack of motivation to do so pretty much suggests that my interest isn't all that high.
Old 04-29-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by jfrost
did you have a chance to look at my list? I am still interested in Seabiscuit, Whale Rider, and Dirty Pretty Things.
Yep. I saw your list and didn't see anything additional that I'd want. Might still the original trade (w/Poolhall Junkies) or just do Whale Rider and one of the other ones for In Living Color. I'll get back to you within a day. Thanks.
Old 04-29-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From what I know there is no difference in the Seven Samurai regular edition and the one in the box set. So, I don't suppose we'd be able to do anything for Ed Wood then? Let me know, and then I'll know how to approach a counter offer.

stonecountry
Old 05-01-04, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well, ed wood is contingent on what kind of trade you're proposing for it.
Old 05-01-04, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well what kind of deal I offer for it is contingent on what kind of deal you'd take for it. How about you give me an idea of the magnitude of trade you'd accept for Ed Wood. You may want to check my list again. I updated it today.