DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Adam Burton - Jason Horne - Columbus Georgia

Old 05-22-02, 09:01 AM

Adam Burton - Jason Horne - Columbus Georgia

To All,

I have listed what I have so far.
PLEASE contact me if you have been ripped off by Adam Burton and I will add you to this list. I have received 7 emails stating that people have been scammed but they include no details. Please resond with your name, address, details of the trade, date of the trade, when you shipped, where you shipped, and the estimated value of your loss (shipping charges included). I'm trying to get as many names on this list as possible before I send it off to the Columbus and Reno P.D's. I will also be sending letters to his last known addresses and all other "Burtons" in the area. None of your addresses or phone numbers will be on the letters. Once again people, the more claims we submit at one time, the better our chances are of something being done about it !

Here is the list so far. Let me know if there are any errors. I have left out street addresses and phone numbers for your own privacy.

Dennis McEachern of
Orillia, Ontario
Date of shipment: May 10th/02
Details of shipment: Galaxy Quest, Moulin Rouge, Musketeer, Sleepy Hollow, Tomcats, Idle hands
Value (shipping included): 78.00

Dino Goulet of
Hull, Quebec
Date of shipment: May 4th/02
Details of shipment: Twin Peaks - Season 1
Value (shipping included): 55.00

Nima Aghili of
Austin, Texas
Date of shipment: May 10th/02
Details of shipment: Dogma SE, Oceans 11, What Dreams may come
Value (shipping included): 60.00

Bill Chase of
Fairfield, Connecticut
Date of shipment: May 6th/02
Details of shipment: Twin Peaks - Fire Walk with Me
Value (shipping included): 25.00

Marc Schallebaum of
Switzerland
Date of shipment: May 1st/02
Details of shipment: Razor Blade Smile
Value (shipping included): 18.00

Kevin Cadigan of
St Johns, Newfoundland
Date of shipment: May 13th/02
Details of shipment: Three Kings, The Score
Value (shipping included): 30.00

James Mallion of
Oakville, Ontario
Date of shipment: May 13th/02
Details of shipment: American Outlaws, Evolution
Value (shipping included): 30.00

Jon Schaeffer of
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Details of shipment: Negotiator

Matt Sexton of
Arlington, Texas
Date of shipment: May 2nd/02
Details of shipment: Kiss of the Dragon + 3.00 cash

Rich Rosell of
Frankfort, IL
Details of shipment: Bare Witness

Michael Coffeen of
Kennesaw, Georgia
Date of shipment: May 11th/02
Details of shipment: American Pie Ultimate Edition
Value (shipping included): 23.00

Tom Williams of
Hayward, California
Date of shipment: May 12th/02
Details of shipment: Usual Suspects SE *Sealed*
Value (shipping included): 21.00

James Lam of
Calgary, AB
Date of Shipment: April 25th/02
Details of shipment: Haunting DTS

Justin Ross of
McKinleyville, CA
Date of shipment: May 4th/02
Details of shipment: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, X-Men
Value (shipping included): 58.00

TOTAL CLAIMS = 14
TOTAL VALUE TO RECOVER = 485.00

Email me at [email protected] if you have any information on Adam Burton or if you have recently completed a trade with him.

For the record, his address is ....

4211 Olympic Lane
Columbus Georgia

Username ... Pyrosecht

Emails ....

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

If you feel you have been scammed by Adam, PLEASE let me know all of the details so I can get you on the list.

Thanks to all who have helped so far.

Dennis
[email protected]

Last edited by alamokie; 06-08-02 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-22-02, 09:15 AM

I have made one trade with Adam with no pproblems - I don't have his address at this terminal however.
Old 05-22-02, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Adam Burton (pyrosecht) is listed as a Gold Trader. I have a deal in progress in which he was supposed to send to me first, but according to him, he got his package sent back to him because he did not fill out a customs form for sending to Canada. Since in that time he joined the GTL, I said that I would send mine out at the same time as well. Both should have been sent out last weekend, I think, so both should be in transport...hopefully!
Old 05-22-02, 09:45 AM

well i sent Negotiator to adam a while ago and haven't recieved South Park vol. 3 yet. He e-mailed on the 17th and said he was moving across the country though.

I'll send you his address via e-mail.

also i sent derek worlow (dworlow) $ for around 10 dvds and haven't heard from him since the 10th. he e-mailed and said he was busy with finals but he send them out. Haven't recieved it.

Their both GOLD TRADERS !

I hope its just a delay, i would have reported them to Mao but their both Gold Traders.
Old 05-22-02, 11:23 AM

update:

Everythings ok with dworlow he just sent me an e-mail with a tracking number of my dvds, he was out of state and couldn't reply to me.

still haven't heard from Adam, though.
Old 05-22-02, 01:57 PM
Mao

And perhaps you might want to e-mail the moderator about this.
Old 05-22-02, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Mao
And perhaps you might want to e-mail the moderator about this.
Like that guy is ever around here anyways...

Old 05-22-02, 02:01 PM

Thought I might give him a few days to respond before I involved the moderators.

Thanks.

Dennis
Old 05-22-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I made a deal with Adam, two in fact, and it went great.

He said he was moving this time of the month and wouldn't be able to trade or get online or something.

Hope everything goes smooth.
Old 05-22-02, 10:59 PM

It would have been nice if he mentioned he was between addresses; I would of waited to trade if I had known that fact.
Oh well, I'll give it until the end of the month for him to make good on the deal and hopefully I won't regret this trade.

Thanks to all for your input.

Dennis
Old 05-23-02, 10:04 AM

I'm still waiting for Clerks, that I traded with Adam Burton, which should've arrived last week. As I saw him on the GTL I thought there cant be a problem... hope there isnt. I'll let you know.

By the way, has anyone had any experiences with Chongys? He's package should've arrived like... 2 weeks ago... Well at least, he returns my emails, which I state as a not to bad sign.
Old 05-23-02, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dennis, just wondering, but when were the DVDs supposedly sent to you? I know that I am having a lot of delays in trading with people in the US in some cases. Some times I'll get their DVDs in a week - sometimes it will take three. Ditto for them receiving mine too. Some get them extremely fast, and some seem to take a lot longer. HKflix sent me an order over three weeks ago, and I still don't have it. It hit Ontario two weeks ago, and I still haven't received it (and it is not in customs, according to Canada Post).

That being said, I haven't received mine from him either yet though...not going to worry for another week or so...or until I start to hear more people say that they are not receiving theirs...
Old 05-23-02, 04:49 PM

Movieking ...

Yes, they were suppose to have been sent weeks ago and I understand if maybe there's a delay but what concerns me is that I am having no luck getting any kind of response from him. I have sent emails to both of his addresses and I have started this thread in the hopes of getting his attention. Maybe he is in the process of moving and can't get online right now and maybe the package is tied up in customs or maybe he forgot to send it. I'll wait until the end of the month to hear from him before I take the next steps.

Thanks.

Dennis
Old 05-23-02, 05:49 PM
Banned

I shipped Twin Peaks Season One to Adam Burton 3 weeks ago for friends Season One. He says he has sent my package but I still havent received it.... He also says he hasnt received the twin peaks set..... and he still refuses to reply to my emails

can a moderator do something about this please ?
Old 05-23-02, 06:01 PM
Mao

Dino Goulet (mcbg1),

You know very well that you two are both involved in a trade dispute and that I have "done something about it"! Don't even try to make it sound as if I haven't!

You should also be well aware that I have made a decision, which is obviously in a state of flux until I hear back from Mr. Burton. Until then, please abide by my decision.
Old 05-23-02, 06:26 PM
Banned

Mao

I know very well Ive informed you about this problem. However by ' do something about it' I meant that what would happen with the other's problems.

Let me know about your decision soon

Thanks
Old 05-23-02, 08:19 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

OK! I was afraid I was alone in this Adam Burton (pyrosecth) thing! On 5-4-02 I solidified a trade with him for a DVD. I mailed it and he emailed me back (5-13-02) after he received my DVDs saying that he had forgotten about the trade because things were hectic with him moving and everything, but that he sent my dvd that day... Now almost two weeks later, I still have not seen the dvd I was promised AND he hasn't responded to any of my emails.

First of all this guy can move all he wants as long as he fulfills his obligations that he made, when i moved i told people that I was moving soon and if they would mind holding off the trades til i got settled in. To start trades and completely blow them off (as it seems) is a little irresponsible. I have faith that he will eventually get into his email and realize that he didn't send the dvd and make amends though. And guys don't be so hard on Mao, it's not his fault any of this happened and it's not really his responsibility to solve or try to help us out. I appreciate anything he does, and realize that there really isn't much that can be done in this case. Thanks Mao!

Todd
Old 05-24-02, 02:37 PM

bump for anyone else that might be in the same situation a couple of us seem to be in.

todd
Old 05-24-02, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm in a similar position. Adam Burton was supposed to have sent my dvds 14 days ago and they're still not here. I emailed him two days ago to no avail. I'm sad to see this is happening to others too. Hopefully the problem will solve itself.

Just wondering, those of you who've had trouble with him, did he email you with his dvdtalk email address or another one?
Old 05-24-02, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by Souljahh
Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm in a similar position. Adam Burton was supposed to have sent my dvds 14 days ago and they're still not here. I emailed him two days ago to no avail. I'm sad to see this is happening to others too. Hopefully the problem will solve itself.

Just wondering, those of you who've had trouble with him, did he email you with his dvdtalk email address or another one?
I have received hotmail email from him. When I have emailed him it has been to his dvdtalk email and the hotmail one. I too am hoping this will resolve itself.

todd
Old 05-24-02, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, thanks. I asked cause I was starting to worry that someone posing as pyrosecht was using his name for a hotmail address and doing this.
Old 05-24-02, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by Souljahh
Ok, thanks. I asked cause I was starting to worry that someone posing as pyrosecht was using his name for a hotmail address and doing this.
yeah, that thought had crossed my mind. But I compared everything and I am 90% positive this was Adam Burton I traded with. I have saved all the emails and I have the delivery confirmation number but I don't want to resort to anything, it could just be an honest (albeit half-brained) mistake.

todd
Old 05-24-02, 04:13 PM

Adam has emailed me from the following 2 email addresses.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Are there more ?
Old 05-24-02, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Same two that were used for me. All I know is that he became a Gold Trader awful quick. When we agreed to our trade, he did not have one feedback. When he said that my package bounced a week or so later, he was on the Gold Traders List. From the sounds of it, he was on because of legitimate trades, but he might have done a bunch of trades quickly to get on the list to take advantage of the Gold Trader status. Mine was only sent last week to his address, so unless someone is forwarding them to him, I would wager that he is still at that address. The whole moving thing could be a hoax as well.

So is this another small scale Alex Murphy? How long until we do something, and what can be do? I am being naive, but I am still holding out hope...
Old 05-24-02, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've traded with Adam recently with no problems.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.