DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Got this as well and now even tried another e-mail and appears to be no dice? Gone is the ability for 2 accounts perhaps? Might be a little while before I can cancel the one that worked as all the 7 titles are back-ordered and only 2 so far are showing an expected date to be back in stock
Not sure why it didn't work with a different e-mail. Try this: First, clear your browser's cookies. Then use yet another e-mail address, but change your physical address ever so slightly. For example, if you live at "100 Main Street", try "100A Main Street". You want CH's system to recognize an unblocked address, but you don't want your Post Office to send it back.

P.S. - You didn't hear that from me.
Old 04-19-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Not sure why it didn't work with a different e-mail. Try this: First, clear your browser's cookies. Then use yet another e-mail address, but change your physical address ever so slightly. For example, if you live at "100 Main Street", try "100A Main Street". You want CH's system to recognize an unblocked address, but you don't want your Post Office to send it back.

P.S. - You didn't hear that from me.
Ended up just using my wife's e-mail and then used my work address and it worked like a charm. Thx for your help though, much appreciated.

And at least on this order it looks like 6 of the 7 are in stock. And I went ahead and ordered The Illusionist and a couple dvd's to sell on Ebay to help bring the cost down.
Old 04-19-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ended up just using my wife's e-mail and then used my work address and it worked like a charm. Thx for your help though, much appreciated.

And at least on this order it looks like 6 of the 7 are in stock. And I went ahead and ordered The Illusionist and a couple dvd's to sell on Ebay to help bring the cost down.

Don't forget, there's a B1G2 code active in the codes thread if you want to cycle this account and open another.
Old 04-19-11, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k

Don't forget, there's a B1G2 code active in the codes thread if you want to cycle this account and open another.
Already on top of it. One question, can I assume when cycling the accounts that to make sure and not cancel said account until the actual movies are received and not stating shipped? thx
Old 04-19-11, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Already on top of it. One question, can I assume when cycling the accounts that to make sure and not cancel said account until the actual movies are received and not stating shipped? thx
I always make sure they're in hand and not damaged or incorrect items. It would be a bear to have to go through CS on a closed account. Also, I always select "Bill Me", so I don't actually pay until I have the items I ordered.
Old 04-19-11, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never signed up for CH before but seems like a good deal so I'm giving it a shot. Just ordered:

Lost in Translation
LA Confidential
Silence of the Lambs
Leon: The Professional
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Once Upon a Time in America
Psycho
The Truman Show
Old 04-20-11, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I have stirred from my CH slumber.
Old 04-20-11, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mistakes/oversights notwithstanding, this should be a comprehensive list of current BD enrollment titles. Feel free to pass along corrections and additions.

780 Titles.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...Hc&output=html

<iframe width='500' height='300' frameborder='0' src='https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0Ak7hL06O05ZrdE9pVGxiUWJzdklWWVNPOThNbUtpbHc&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CP23_s8F
Old 04-20-11, 04:19 AM

After all is said and done, gonna cycle this 7/2 account for about $70, inclduing tax and shipping costs. Not bad for 9 blus (bought Color Purple & Seven digibooks to fulfill) and two Sesame Street TV DVDs for my daughter.

How long should I wait to close and then to cycle (I'm new to this part of the game)?
Old 04-20-11, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT
After all is said and done, gonna cycle this 7/2 account for about $70, inclduing tax and shipping costs. Not bad for 9 blus (bought Color Purple & Seven digibooks to fulfill) and two Sesame Street TV DVDs for my daughter.

How long should I wait to close and then to cycle (I'm new to this part of the game)?
once you cancel and can't login to the website under that account i'd say you're good to go
Old 04-20-11, 05:20 AM
Banned

Why didn't you get 4 DVDs?
Old 04-20-11, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by junglalien
Why didn't you get 4 DVDs?
The Sesame Street DVDs count as TV show DVDs and it only let me get two, regardless of their price. I tried to get four, but it was a no go. I even tried to add a regular DVD movie to the mix and it still wouldnt allow both SS DVDs be free.

Being that I have no use for DVD movies, I figured it was better to get the two free SS DVDs for my daughter's learning than go through the process of trying to flip DVD movies through ebay or amazon's trade-in store.
Old 04-20-11, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Color me shocked! I just logged into my account and both my enrollment and first fulfillment titles have shipped!!! My first successful CH account in years. I guess I'm no longer on their bad list or whatever.

Like kenbenobi, I picked The Maltese Falcon as an enrollment title and it's currently out of stock, but all the others were available.

IJMSPORT, I tried getting four free DVDs with two fulfillments on the same order and it likewise didn't work. But placing two separate orders for the fulfillments, with two DVDs on each, does seem to. (I haven't ordered the second fulfillment yet, but I tried putting two DVD titles in the cart wth a BD and it seems good to go).

Want to try for a second account eventually, but I'm not going to push my luck just now. I'm just going to enjoy my success...9 BDs and 4 DVDs for ~$75 shipped is a helluva deal.
Old 04-20-11, 06:02 AM

Damn.. that was the one thing I didnt try.. and wouldnt ya know it.. tested it and it worked. And I cant cancel my order online.. meh, whatever. Not gonna worry about missing out on two free Sesame Street DVDs.

I just know how to do it for the next time. Soon.
Old 04-20-11, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
Mistakes/oversights notwithstanding, this should be a comprehensive list of current BD enrollment titles. Feel free to pass along corrections and additions.

780 Titles.
Thanks for taking the time to do this abintra.
Old 04-20-11, 06:26 AM

How often does CH update their enrollment titles?
Old 04-20-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Logged in and all 7 of my enrollment selections on backorder. Only one has an expected in stock day of next week, none of the others have one. Looks like I may be waiting for a while for this order.
Old 04-20-11, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn.. that was the one thing I didn't try.. and wouldn't ya know it.. tested it and it worked. And I can't cancel my order online.. meh, whatever. Not gonna worry about missing out on two free Sesame Street DVDs.

I just know how to do it for the next time. Soon.
Yup. Always do separate orders for B1G2.

If they haven't shipped yet, you can call CS and ask them to cancel, or use the automated contact system. It doesn't take long for them to respond. Then, you can reorder using the same code, as it's unlimited use.
Old 04-20-11, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

Enrolled and placed 2 separate orders of 1 Blu-ray and 2 DVDs:

Field of Dreams
Insomnia
Three Kings
Harpoon
Kids Are Alright, The
Oceans 11
Last Station, The

All The President's Men
Odd Couple, The - Centennial Collection
Man Who Shot Liberty Valence - Centennial Collection

King Kong
Inspector Bellamy
Wagon Master
Old 04-20-11, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 accounts opened, all accepted and shipped (2 addresses, 2 accounts per address). I'm about to be in Blu heaven here. I've been Columbia Housing for about a decade now, and this is probably the most business I've been doing with them in a LONG time.

Just a side note, in reading posts from all the CH newbs over on blu-ray.com, you would think signing up for one of these accounts is more difficult to figure out than astrophysics.
Old 04-20-11, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone who ordered SILVERADO have it shipped yet or is it backordered too?
This seems like a safe choice for a title with good re-sale value, right?
Old 04-20-11, 10:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gypo66
Did anyone who ordered SILVERADO have it shipped yet or is it backordered too?
This seems like a safe choice for a title with good re-sale value, right?
Mine shipped
Old 04-20-11, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...How long should I wait to close and then to cycle (I'm new to this part of the game)?
I'd recommend not cancelling your account until you get both your enrollment and fulfillment orders and see that all is well with them. Columbia House is very good about replacing damaged/incorrect discs but if your account is closed it is much more of a nuisance.
Old 04-20-11, 11:26 AM

wrong forum

Last edited by roobix; 04-20-11 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-20-11, 12:07 PM

Hey Gang,
Just curious, I signed up an account last Friday and one Saturday. On Saturday I could login with the name and passcode I created. As of Monday I cannot login. My card has not been charged either. Although I did get the welcome emails. Have I been rejected and should I start trying to join with a different address or something. Or do I need to give it a few days? Seems like a lit of people are already viewing their dvds as shipped. Any advice?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.