DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Columbia House is screwing with me (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/588539-columbia-house-screwing-me.html)

rgw825 03-14-11 01:30 PM

Columbia House is screwing with me

Joined Columbia House on Dec 26th of last year. They shipped the introductory package minus 2 discs that were out of stock, which were shipped only a few days later. Well i get the 2 out of stock discs but not the first 4. A month goes by and i message Columbia House and they resend the order. Another month goes by and i still do not receive the order. Message them again and they once again tell me they will reship it. But instead they cancel the order and send me a letter in the mail saying "We're sorry, but we were unable to obtain stock of the following selections.

Which are, Willy Wonka WS, Clockwork Orange SE, Karate Kid, SE, and Wizard of Oz SP ED.

All of which are still listed on their website. This is really strange. I'm starting to wonder if they even shipped out the discs in the first place.

Something else that seemed odd. When they shipped out this order i got the standard email saying the order was shipped (but no tracking number). The 2 out of stock Dvd's i got the same email but they included a tracking number.

And i went ahead and bought my 2 dvd's at regular club price to get out of the club and both of those orders i was sent a tracking number. Just not either time they shipped the first 4 discs from the introductory order. Wonder if that means anything? Like maybe they never shipped it in the first place?

I hate that the website doesn't let you know that a dvd isn't in stock until you place the order. And in this case i have to send my replacement selections to them by mail.

This is just a little screwy. -screwy-

rgw825 03-14-11 03:46 PM

Re: Columbia House is screwing with me

I just found out that Willy Wonka and Clockwork Orange are listed in the Out Of Print thread. So that might explain those 2. Not sure about Karate Kid and Wizard of Oz.

Jane2001 03-18-11 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by rgw825 (Post 10679217)
Joined Columbia House on Dec 26th of last year. They shipped the introductory package minus 2 discs that were out of stock, which were shipped only a few days later. Well i get the 2 out of stock discs but not the first 4.

Couldn't really get past this part of your post because it doesn't make sense.

If the order isn't the introductory order, don't open the package and send it back with "return to sender" on the package. They will refund you and the shipping cost.

kenbenobi 03-23-11 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jane2001 (Post 10685244)
Couldn't really get past this part of your post because it doesn't make sense.

If the order isn't the introductory order, don't open the package and send it back with "return to sender" on the package. They will refund you and the shipping cost.

It makes sense to me. It sounds like an introductory order of 6 titles. CH shipped 4 titles together, then the other 2, but he/she never received the first 4. They called CH, who then shipped the same 4 titles again, but he/she still never received them. And this has been dragging on for 3 months now.

My only advice to the OP--call CH and explain to them exactly what you explained here. If they didn't give a tracking number for those 4 titles, and they are now claiming the 4 titles aren't in stock, it does indeed sound like may not have been shipped.