Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
They are available in both Blu-ray and DVD packaging. If you want the Blu-ray packaging, make sure that you pick the selection that says Blu-ray + DVD, not DVD + Blu-ray.
Thanks for answering but it seems that almost all combo packs on DMC say they are Blu-ray + DVD... I'm not sure if it means all they are in blu-ray packaging.
Old 03-05-14, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by ninebre
Thanks for answering but it seems that almost all combo packs on DMC say they are Blu-ray + DVD... I'm not sure if it means all they are in blu-ray packaging.
Pretty sure that all the blu's you can select as enrollment titles are in blu packaging. Some may be available in DVD packaging once you're a member, if you were inclined to order them as such.
Old 03-05-14, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Just a CS story for you:

I recently signed up for the first time, and when I got my intro package I discovered that two of the seven Blu-rays I had ordered were missing from my shipment. I called Customer Service, was on hold for less than a minute, and they shipped me out the two missing titles the next morning - and gave me free shipping on my next order (not a huge deal, but I wasn't expecting anything additional).

Also of note:

The monthly selection is a pretty sweet deal for March: Both Mary Poppins and Saving Mr. Banks on Blu-ray for $40 with no shipping charges. That's about $8 less than what you can get both for on Amazon right now. I think it only counts as one against your commitment though - not sure.
Old 03-05-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Just a CS story for you:

I recently signed up for the first time, and when I got my intro package I discovered that two of the seven Blu-rays I had ordered were missing from my shipment. I called Customer Service, was on hold for less than a minute, and they shipped me out the two missing titles the next morning - and gave me free shipping on my next order (not a huge deal, but I wasn't expecting anything additional).

Also of note:

The monthly selection is a pretty sweet deal for March: Both Mary Poppins and Saving Mr. Banks on Blu-ray for $40 with no shipping charges. That's about $8 less than what you can get both for on Amazon right now. I think it only counts as one against your commitment though - not sure.
Yes, it only counts as one commitment.
Old 03-05-14, 09:21 AM

Paying $40 for two films with only one commitment totally kills your average cost per title, which is what you need to try and minimize in order to get the best value from these mememberships.
Old 03-05-14, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Paying $40 for two films with only one commitment totally kills your average cost per title, which is what you need to try and minimize in order to get the best value from these mememberships.
Yes, but if they are movies you were planning on getting anyway, this is currently the best deal I've seen (assuming you don't already own Mary Poppins) at $20 per movie. That was my point - I understand most just want to minimize their costs, but how many monthly picks show up below what you can find them for elsewhere?
Old 03-08-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there a easy way to cancel online, or will an email to CS work? Or does one need to speak to a rep by phone to do so? TIA.
Old 03-08-14, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drh4
Is there a easy way to cancel online, or will an email to CS work? Or does one need to speak to a rep by phone to do so? TIA.
Are you talking about canceling your membership or an order? If you're canceling your membership, the following(courtesy of blu-ray.com) should help.

Cancelling Your Membership
Once you've completed your commitment and you no longer desire to be a DMC member you can cancel a few ways.

You can call (800-362-4587) and let them know you want to cancel your membership. Normally your account is canceled immediately, at which time you would be eligible to re-enroll, though in some reported cases, the waiting period before being able to re-enroll has ranged anywhere from instantly (on the very same call) to 48 hours to even 30 days (one DMC CS rep actually said that long a wait was required before re-enrolling). In most cases, it usually takes an hour or two between a phone call to cancel and a call to re-enroll.

You can also e-mail ([email protected]) and request that your account be canceled. It is worth noting that usually you'll get a response back within 1-2 days. However sometimes you never receive a confirmation that your account was indeed closed.

Regardless of which method you use to close your account, you will most likely receive the mailers containing new catalogs and feature titles, as these are apparently prepared month(s) in advance. If you've canceled your account you can simply ignore them.
Old 03-10-14, 07:58 PM
Cool New Member

I realize that this is a blu ray forum, but I wanted to join the DMC, (but not the blu ray version)

In the past the current code listed on this site could be used for the regular club, (If I remember correctly) but it now switches over to the blu ray club.

Does anyone know of a good code to join the non blu ray version?

The best I can find is get 5 movies for $1.00 and buy a 6th for $11.95 and then you have to buy 3 more.

That code is 22625

thanks for any assistance!!
Old 03-11-14, 08:04 AM

I believe that for the DVD club, you just change the B in the blu-ray code to a D, so 10042D
Old 03-14-14, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Fulfilled my first account! All Blu-ray.

Intro package: $21.90
Toy Story 1 SE
Toy Story 2 SE
Toy Story 3 SE
Alice in Wonderland
Secretariat
Tron Classic
Tron Legacy

$56.95
Saving Mr. Banks
Mary Poppins
Peter Pan Diamond BD + DVD + Digital
Free Tote Bag

$81.89
Jungle Book Diamond BD + DVD + Digital
Cinderella 3-disc Diamond
The Little Mermaid Diamond 3D + BD + DVD + Digital
Free Tote bag

Total = $160.74 / 13 titles = $12.37/title

That includes four Diamond editions. Just for fun I priced the 13 titles at Amazon, and came up with $327.26. That's over 50% off Amazon prices, and I got 2 tote bags to boot! And I saw TS 1 but I've never seen 2 and 3. Alice is one of my most favorite movies. I love Diane Lane and I'm halfway through Secretariat and loving it (I only watch movies when I train on the bike or running at home), I saw both Trons but it's been a while and I love those movies, and I've seen some of the Diamonds but not others (never seen peter Pan or Cinderella) but I'm looking into collecting all the Diamonds and only have Snow White in my collection so far. So no discs were "fillers." Love Mary Poppins and can't wait to see the extras and haven't seen Saving Mr. Banks yet.

So can I do another new account now or is it only one per address? I've found so far that even without another fulfilled account, their regular deals are great.

And that's 13 titles' worth of Disney Movie Codes. Anyone know how many movies it takes to have enough points for a free movie?
Old 03-14-14, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Just a CS story for you:

The Disney brand overall is expensive but I think as a general rule whether it's the parks or cruises or hotels or merchandise, their customer service is always top-notch.
Old 03-14-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

The site finally has some new enrollments up, including Mary Poppins, The Muppet Movie and The Muppets Caper/Treasure Island double feature. Good news for those like me who prefer enrolling over the web instead of calling.
Old 03-14-14, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
The site finally has some new enrollments up, including Mary Poppins, The Muppet Movie and The Muppets Caper/Treasure Island double feature. Good news for those like me who prefer enrolling over the web instead of calling.
And if you get them quickly, you can use the Muppets titles to get movie tickets from DMR for the new film.
Old 03-14-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

If anybody is interested in horse-trading a DMR code (mine) for Frozen when it arrives Tuesday for any of the below Blu+digital titles, send me a PM. The Frozen code would also now get you the DMA digital copy for free, and may even be worth double points for a week......

Spoiler:

Lone Ranger (blu)
Thor: Dark World (blu)
Saving Mr Banks (blu, also out Tuesday)
Alice in Wonderland (blu+dig/blu3D)
Iron Man 3 (blu/blu3D)
John Carter 3D
The Avengers (blu3D)
Oz The Great & Powerful (blu/blu3D)
Tron Legacy/Tron (5disc)
Tangled 3D

Last edited by ntnon; 03-14-14 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-15-14, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I need to cancel my membership to get a new one? I can't have multiple ones? I have a few emails to get through .....

I had a little hiccup today. I keep getting that banner to upgrade to Blu-ray and get a $5 movie but when I entered my membership ID and zip code (both verified on the website) it said it couldn't match it and to call, and when I called they said I was already Blu-ray so the offer didn't apply to me Don't really know if everyone gets that banner or it was a glitch.

Still happy with the 13 discs for $160.XX or $12.33 each including 4 Diamond titles.

And I will probably get enough DMR for an extra movie, if that happens with the $4 shipping that would bring it to about $11.74 a movie.
Old 03-15-14, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
So I need to cancel my membership to get a new one? I can't have multiple ones? I have a few emails to get through .....

You definitely need to cancel before opening a new account. Disney is very strict about this policy. If you enroll before canceling a previous account, expect a denial letter in a few weeks.
Old 03-15-14, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At least someone said they cancelled that morning and re-enrolled that afternoon so if I give it a week I should be good
Old 03-15-14, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I have heard of some re-enrolling in the same phone call to cancel. Personally, I wait a couple of days to make sure it has processed. Go online and try to sign into your account. If you can't then you know it's been closed.

Also, I saw this mentioned elsewhere recently about the refer a friend program. Unlike in the past, you can now refer a friend to receive 2 free movies(same as before), but they can now use the bargain code we use instead of having to commit to buy a shit load of movies.
Old 03-15-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a limit other than e-mail address as to how many times you can cancel and re-enroll?

Anyone used the same email address more than once?
Old 03-15-14, 11:45 AM

Is there a limit other than e-mail address as to how many times you can cancel and re-enroll?

Anyone used the same email address more than once?
No, and yes, in that order. I've enrolled a bunch of times and usually used the same email address. If you wait until you can't login anymore after cancelling, you can use the same email address next time you re-enroll. If you want to enroll before that, use a different email address.
Old 03-15-14, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks!
Old 03-15-14, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Question... if Disney doesn't care how many times you do it and it's so easy to do it... why does anyone buy their DVDs anywhere else??

With the DMR codes and a special offer to get Cars combo for $4 and Dead Poets Society with the codes, that's $164 for 15 movies or $10.93 each, all Blu-ray.

Toy Story 1 + 2 + 3 SE
Tron Classic + Legacy
Saving Mr. Banks
Mary Poppins
Secretariat
Alice in Wonderland
Cars
Dead Poets Society

Diamond:
Jungle Book
Peter Pan
Cinderella
Little Mermaid
Old 03-15-14, 10:50 PM

Question... if Disney doesn't care how many times you do it and it's so easy to do it... why does anyone buy their DVDs anywhere else??
If that's not rhetorical, some suggestions: with various coupons and deals (or bonus discs, exclusive packaging, free books), it can be either as good of a deal pricewise or worth it for the extra bits to go to Target, Toys 'r' Us or Best Buy (etc.).

For many people the average cost per disc is actually balanced by the total cost per transaction: so $20 15 times is actually more palatable than $160 in one (or three) transactions. It's an interesting dilemma that is part psychological, part financial.

Some people prefer getting a disc in their hands immediately - or the chance to browse slipcovers for dents - necessitating a real shop; some like Amazon's speedy shipping, others have a preferred merchant.

Some think that cancelling and resubscribing is gaming the system and either may eventually backfire and result in the deals being changed or in other price hikes; some see it as simply unethical or morally dubious.

There are, I understand, also benefits to being a long-term member - if you complete your requirements, don't you get bonus items with each subsequent purchase (or something like that...)?

There may be other reasons!
Old 03-18-14, 02:03 PM

Are new releases automatically worth double points, or only when it's mentioned somewhere...?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.