DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I thought it was $10? Or it used to be anyway
Old 05-02-13, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

It's usually $10 unless it changed recently. I can't find it on the site, maybe because my preference is already blu-ray? Not sure.

edit: what joltman said. That's what I get for walking away from the comp. in mid-sentence.
Old 05-30-13, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Forgive me if this isn't the right thread, but just wanted to let people know of a fairly good deal on the monthly commitment titles. This month it's the combo packs for Lilo & Stitch (2 movies) and The Emperor's New Groove (2 movies). Buy them for 29.95.

Right now Lilo & Stitch is 19.95 at Amazon as is Emperor's New Groove, so 15.00 each is not bad. Plus, if you're VIP, it's free shipping this month. Picked them up plus a free pin. I know that I almost never buy from this titles as it's a lot easier getting coupons and other sales for the title, but I doubt that these, being re-releases of "smaller" titles will get them (I know I haven't seen any yet).
Old 05-30-13, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does that count as a commitment purchase then?
Old 05-30-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

It counts as one commitment, which isn't bad, because 29.95 is the standard price for a commitment, so it's basically like a BOGO.
Old 05-30-13, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice thanks, that will be good enough for me to fulfill.
Old 05-30-13, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Glad I could help out! I wasn't going to upgrade these, but for that price and getting two movies (the sequels) I didn't have, it was worth it. I can always give the old ones to my nieces.
Old 05-30-13, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the enrollment packages?
I joined May 17th, and was accepted, but they still haven`t charged my credit card yet and it still says processing.
thanks for any info in advance.
Old 05-30-13, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bloopbleep
Does anybody know how long it takes to get the enrollment packages?
I joined May 17th, and was accepted, but they still haven`t charged my credit card yet and it still says processing.
thanks for any info in advance.
The two times that I joined, my enrollment package shipped out within a couple of days and I received it in 7 to 10 days.

One of your enrollment titles might be temporarily out of stock and they are holding up the shipment until they restock that title.
Old 06-05-13, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
via cinemaphile @ blu-ray.com:
Is there a different code available than the OP? Tried it just now both on my ipad and in chrome on my laptop and it says the code 14366 does not exist.
Old 06-05-13, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
Is there a different code available than the OP? Tried it just now both on my ipad and in chrome on my laptop and it says the code 14366 does not exist.
Try this one. 17674B
Old 06-07-13, 07:29 PM
Cool New Member

Score. Just got the following non-website titles as enrollment by calling and signing up by phone. Worked with my first attempt too, didn't have to call back later.
  • Mulan
  • Hunchback
  • Treasure Planet
  • Winnie the Pooh

I love DMC. :-)
Old 06-12-13, 11:10 PM

Just called and got:
Howl’s Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
Alice in Wonderland 60th anniversary
Ponyo
Great Mouse Detective
Heavyweights
Up

I didn't have luck the last time I called so I was glad to finally sign up for the titles I wanted. Thanks to everybody that posted in this thread and reminded me that calling sometimes works.
Old 06-19-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question...

Yesterday I got Oz in the mail but I never ordered it and I go every month a reject the featured title and I went to my past orders and it doesn't show but I on my fulfillment list it shows I only need one more title to complete my obligation.

Is this normal? If it does show up on my past orders can I return the unopened title? Or am I stuck with it?
Old 06-20-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Really no one?
Old 06-20-13, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Quick question...

Yesterday I got Oz in the mail but I never ordered it and I go every month a reject the featured title and I went to my past orders and it doesn't show but I on my fulfillment list it shows I only need one more title to complete my obligation.

Is this normal? If it does show up on my past orders can I return the unopened title? Or am I stuck with it?
That's never happened to me.

Has it been charged to your credit card? If not, maybe you can keep it for free?

If you're concerned you could always call DMC and ask them about it. I've returned many Monthly Selections that I forgot to decline by marking them return to sender, and I always got credited back, but that doesn't sound like exactly what happened here.
Old 06-20-13, 02:00 PM

Also, since I'm here, I might as well brag about the best fulfillment ever I just did. It's due to a bunch of problems with my order that turned into one big happy accident, and I never expect to replicate it, but it's still pretty awesome.

So initial order, 7 titles for 21.90, standard stuff

Then for my for my fulfillment titles I ordered Mulan and Hunchback 54.90. I figured I was done, Right? 9 titles for 76.80 or 8.53 per title. Pretty decent.

But then I waited a month and the order never came. I called DMC, and somehow it showed as refused and returned to them, even though it never came to my home. They received it back and credited me back the 54.90. So no fulfillments.

So they send another order, and charge my card again. This time with signature confirmation. This order is eerily similar to the last order. I wait a month, and it doesn't come. I call DMC, again, tracking shows it as refused. The recieve it back literally the next day and credit me for the order.

They ship it out again, this time via priority mail, and I get 3 days later, and the other thing I notice is that this time they didn't charge me for it (on my order confirmation it says 0 and my card has not been charged), even though I had been credited back for the other order. Also what I notice is that when I log into DMC, Mulan is still showing as a fulfillment (Hunchback is not, but I'm not complaing because I didn't pay for either).

So I look at the monthly selection, and it's the New Groove/Lilo set for 29.95. Also, even though I only have 2 fulfillments, my account is still showing as VIP status, so I have free shipping. So I order it. It came no problem and I got credited another fulfillment.

So all told, I paid $51.80 for 11 titles, or $4.71 per title.
Old 06-24-13, 04:19 PM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Looks like I got a movie I forgot to cancel. Do they take returns? How do I do it?
Old 06-24-13, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Looks like I got a movie I forgot to cancel. Do they take returns? How do I do it?
Did you open it? If not, just write "Return to Sender" on it and drop it back in the mail.
Old 06-24-13, 04:30 PM

Received 1,899 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Just found out one came a few weeks ago that my wife forgot to mention to me which is opened (the mailing envelope, not the blu-ray), as well as this one which is unopened. What can we do about that one? It's that new Oz movie and I can't see myself wanting to pay Disney movie club price for it.
Old 06-24-13, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry C.
Quick question...

It seems to me Disney doesn't go monthly with the titles. It's staggered a bit so it may not be a month between titles.
Old 06-24-13, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Just found out one came a few weeks ago that my wife forgot to mention to me which is opened (the mailing envelope, not the blu-ray), as well as this one which is unopened. What can we do about that one? It's that new Oz movie and I can't see myself wanting to pay Disney movie club price for it.
I don't know if they will accept a return in that case, but I guess you could call and ask them. They might take it back, but you'll probably be on the hook for return shipping costs.
Old 06-26-13, 10:41 PM

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm curious if the blu-rays received through this club are the same as the ones available at retail. When I used to receive CDs from Columbia House or BMG, they were special club pressing with a message stating that it was "Distributed by BMG Music under license" or something similar as well has having the barcode removed and a different catalog number. Are these similar? Or are they identical to retail?
Old 06-27-13, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These are the same as you would find in stores.
Old 06-27-13, 08:46 PM

good news! thanks, dablueguy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.