DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Disney Blu-ray Club! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/579042-disney-blu-ray-club.html)

lizard 10-26-10 02:07 PM

Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by basketb (Post 10446027)
Does anyone have a list with fulfillment-only titles and prices? thx.

I've made a list of BD titles on the Disney Club website and the regular club prices. So far as I can determine, if one purchases one title it will be this regular price (+ $3.95 shipping); if it is $29.95 or more it counts for fulfillment. If one buys an additional title in the same order it will be on sale, usually 50% of the regular price (with a reduced shipping charge).

In the case of two titles with the same name but at different prices it appears that the higher priced one is usually a BD/DVD combo. However, the information on the website is sketchy and the pictures are sometimes identical. So, YMMV.

Spoiler:
Alice In Wonderland - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Alice In Wonderland - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Beauty and the Beast: Diamond Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Bedtime Stories Blu-ray(TM) $31.95
Bedtime Stories Blu-ray(TM) $34.95
Beverly Hills Chihuahua - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Bolt - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Bolt - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Bridge To Terabithia Blu-ray(TM) $19.95
A Bug's Life Blu-ray(TM) $31.95
Camp Rock Extended Rock Star Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam Extended Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Cars - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Cars - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
The Cheetah Girls One World: Extended Music Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Chicken Little - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe Blu-ray(TM) $24.95
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
College Road Trip - Blu-Ray(TM) $19.95
DMC Pixar BD 6-Pack - Blu-Ray(TM) $124.95
Dinosaur Blu-ray(TM) $24.95
Disneynature: The Crimson Wing - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
Disneynature: Oceans - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
Disneynature: earth - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Eight Below Blu-ray(TM) $24.95
Enchanted - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
FREE Spy Kit w/G-Force Blu-ray(TM) $34.95
G-Force - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
G-Force - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
The Game Plan - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
Glory Road - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
The Greatest Game Ever Played Blu-ray(TM) $19.95
Hannah Montana And Miley Cyrus Best Of Both Worlds Concert: The 3-D Movie - Blu-Ray(TM) $29.95
Hannah Montana The Movie - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Hannah Montana The Movie - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
The Haunted Mansion Blu-ray(TM) $24.95
High School Musical Remix Edition Blu-ray(TM) Hi-Def $24.95
High School Musical 2: Extended Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
High School Musical 3: Senior Year - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
High School Musical 3: Senior Year - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
James And The Giant Peach Special Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Jonas Brothers: The Concert Experience - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Meet The Robinsons Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Miracle Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Monsters, Inc. Blu-ray(TM) $34.95
Monsters, Inc. - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
National Treasure - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
National Treasure 2: Book Of Secrets - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
Old Dogs - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Old Dogs - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Pinocchio 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy - Blu-Ray(TM) $59.95
Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl Blu-ray(TM) $24.95
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Blu-ray(TM) $24.95
Pixar Short Films Collection, Vol. 1 Blu-ray(TM) $24.95
Ponyo - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Prince of Persia: The Sands Of Time - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Prince of Persia: The Sands Of Time - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
The Princess And The Frog - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
The Princess And The Frog - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Race To Witch Mountain - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Race To Witch Mountain - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Ratatouille Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Remember The Titans Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Disney's The Rookie Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Santa Buddies: The Legend Of Santa Paws - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Sky High Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Blu-ray(TM) $149.95
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs Blu-ray(TM) $37.95
Space Buddies - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Collector's Edition Blu-ray(TM) Hi-Def $34.95
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Collector's Edition - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Tinker Bell - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Tinker Bell - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Toy Story Special Edition Blu-ray(TM) DVD Combo Pack $31.95
Toy Story Special Edition DVD Blu-Ray(TM) Combo Pack $31.95
Toy Story 2 Special Edition (2010 Release) - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Toy Story 2 Special Edition Blu-ray(TM) DVD Combo Pack $31.95
Toy Story 3 - Blu-Ray(TM) $31.95
Toy Story 3 - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
Toy Story 3-Movie Collection - Blu-Ray(TM) $74.95
Underdog Blu-ray(TM) $29.95
Up - Blu-ray(TM) 4-Disc With DVD And DisneyFile $34.95
Up Blu-ray(TM) Luxo Gift Set $119.95
WALL-E - Blu-Ray(TM) $34.95
WALL-E - Blu-Ray(TM) $24.95
The Wild Blu-ray(TM) $24.95

Perfect Tommy 11-01-10 10:06 PM

With the new Pixar releases, I'm wondering if anyone knows how quickly titles make it to the enrollment selection?

thewrite1 11-07-10 10:04 AM

I'm thinking about joining the Disney Blu Ray club, but wondered if someone could tell me what they're charging for Fantasia--is it available yet for preorder? If not, how much do you think it will cost for club members?

Also, I thought I remember reading in past posts that this Blu-Ray club never offers B1G1 offers--only free shipping offers. Is this true?

lizard 11-07-10 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by thewrite1 (Post 10477438)
I'm thinking about joining the Disney Blu Ray club, but wondered if someone could tell me what they're charging for Fantasia--is it available yet for preorder? If not, how much do you think it will cost for club members?

Probably $31.95 plus $3.95 shipping. That works out to a relative cost of about $12 when averaged in with the other BDs purchased as part of a club membership.

Also, I thought I remember reading in past posts that this Blu-Ray club never offers B1G1 offers--only free shipping offers. Is this true?
So far I've seen neither B1G1F nor free shipping offers, but there have been reports of the latter. They seem to be infrequent.

thewrite1 11-08-10 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by lizard (Post 10477768)
Probably $31.95 plus $3.95 shipping. That works out to a relative cost of about $12 when averaged in with the other BDs purchased as part of a club membership.So far I've seen neither B1G1F nor free shipping offers, but there have been reports of the latter. They seem to be infrequent.

Thanks, but is Fantasia even available/up on the site yet for preorder? If not, is that a bad sign that they may not offer it to Blu-Ray club members? If anyone who's already a member can check for me, I'd appreciate it.

lizard 11-08-10 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by thewrite1 (Post 10479917)
Thanks, but is Fantasia even available/up on the site yet for preorder? If not, is that a bad sign that they may not offer it to Blu-Ray club members? If anyone who's already a member can check for me, I'd appreciate it.

Disney has been advertising Fantasia to club members but it doesn't have a formal listing yet. The Disney BD club has all major Disney BD releases "in print", so far as I know. It is inconceivable to me that they won't have Fantasia.

COMING SOON TO THE CLUB

Fantasia + Fantasia 2000!

Fantasia
In celebration of Fantasia's 70th Anniversary, Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are releasing from the Disney Vault in an all-new 2-movie collection and for the first time ever in High Definition - the most exhilarating picture and sound presentations ever released of Walt Disney's original animated, musical masterpiece and the contemporary classic it inspired. Plus, for the first time ever on Disney Blu-ray experience the Academy-Award nominated short Destino, the extraordinary collaboration between Walt Disney and legendary artist Salvador Dali. So hurry and bring your family together to experience the fun-filled, awe-inspiring sight and sound extravaganza that is Fantasia. You won't believe your eyes or ears.

BuckNaked2k 11-08-10 05:55 PM

^ There's my first commitment down.

asarg2001 11-09-10 10:11 AM

I signed up for the Blu-Ray Club a week or so ago. I got the 7th movie, which is supposed to count as a commitment, and I've also ordered two other full price blu-rays and a few discounted items with them. Now, I understood that none of my "commitments" would be listed as fulfilled on the website until awhile later, i assumed once the orders had finally processed and shipped. I finally got the email today saying my initial club order with my first seven selections had shipped (my other orders shipped a few days ago), but none of my commitments are filled with the little mouse ears on the Club website yet. Does it normally take a long time for fulfillments to be recognized after signing up, even after the discs have been shipped? I'm a little worried that none of my purchases are going to count...

BuckNaked2k 11-13-10 02:20 PM

^ You are correct: your 7th movie is supposed to count as your first fulfillment. You should see one of the mouse ears filled in, with two remaining as outlines on your account status page. If you don't see this after you've paid for the initial order, call 'em up.

dablueguy 11-14-10 03:10 AM

Maybe this has already been discussed, but is there a reason that I can't add "Gangs of New York"? Every time I click to add it, it comes up as though no title has been added.

masetodd 11-15-10 01:20 AM

Are the movies shipped new and sealed? Also, how long does the order take to process? I can't find 7 for myself since I already own most of these, but at $10-ish a pop, these will make great Xmas gifts.

Also, does anyone know how long does it take for new releases to make it to the club? I don't have Beauty and the Beast yet, and Fantasia would be nice too.

bigjim25 11-15-10 12:33 PM

I done an ap last night and got approved today. I ordered 6 combo packs (James & The Giant Peach, TS, TS2, Bedtime Stories, Up, & Monsters Inc) for gifts & Armageddon for me.

lizard 11-15-10 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by masetodd (Post 10491083)
Are the movies shipped new and sealed? Also, how long does the order take to process? I can't find 7 for myself since I already own most of these, but at $10-ish a pop, these will make great Xmas gifts.

Also, does anyone know how long does it take for new releases to make it to the club? I don't have Beauty and the Beast yet, and Fantasia would be nice too.

The Disney Club ships regular sealed retail versions of the movies, including slipcovers for most of the animated titles. New releases seem to be available on or around release week. However, Fantasia is not yet listed in the club catalog.

Shipping is a week or so in my experience. Whether any of that will change with the holiday crush approaching, I couldn't say.

lizard 11-20-10 06:26 PM

For those who were interested in this title: "Fantasia + Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray DVD 2-Movie Collection + 3D Card" has now been added to the club and is the current "featured selection". The price is a stiff $34.95, which is $5 more than the minimum fufillment price and makes the relative cost $14.97 for a well-optimized club membership.

BuckNaked2k 11-21-10 12:47 AM

^ My account doesn't have that as the featured selection. The price says "Now $17.48", but when I add to cart it takes it up to the full $35....plus $4 for shipping. Ouch.

lizard 11-21-10 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k (Post 10502190)
^ My account doesn't have that as the featured selection. The price says "Now $17.48", but when I add to cart it takes it up to the full $35....plus $4 for shipping. Ouch.

I only got the "Featured Selection" notice in the mail yesterday. If your account is recent you may not get it at all, not that it matters much because the price is the same. However, as a featured selection Fantasia can be paired with Pinocchio for $47.95 with free shipping.

The 50% off sale price applies when you buy another title at the same or greater price (try putting two copies of Fantasia in your cart to see what happens, you will need to delete the one with the "3D card" and add two regular ones).

Since a title has to be at least $29.95 to count for fulfillment it is an advantage that it is priced at more than that. But $34.95 is a bit higher than other new releases, perhaps because it has two Fantasia versions.

Darth Maher 11-23-10 07:44 PM

Has anybody found the "FREE Stocking Stuffer" items?

John Galt 11-24-10 10:09 AM

For you DMC veterans, how long does it normally take to receive the enrollment package? I signed up on 11/8 and got my approval email but all my movies are still showing processing. Is it likely these have been shipped and they just havent updated the account info? I'm really hoping to get these so I can take part in the $59.99 Blu Ray player deal.

dep3che 11-25-10 01:54 AM

I've been trying for about an hour for the website to work... Is anyone else having problems with it?

Do you guys recommend to call them instead and see if they'll approve over the phone?

lizard 11-25-10 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by dep3che (Post 10510572)
I've been trying for about an hour for the website to work... Is anyone else having problems with it?

Do you guys recommend to call them instead and see if they'll approve over the phone?

The club members site works fine for me. So does the Blu-ray club enrollment site.

Jon2 12-07-10 12:33 AM

Is there, typically, a certain number of titles that must be purchased before a DMC membership commitment is fulfilled? I'm thinking of joining for certain older live action DVD titles that I doubt will ever make it to BR.

In the past I've been a member of many clubs (usually book clubs) and they always let you know right up front just how many purchases were required for membership fulfillment. It would vary depending on what the initial offer was, but they didn't make you sign up before letting you know the details.

Over the years I've gotten a lot of DMC mail offers and thought of joining many times, but this particular issue has always kept me from signing up. IMO, it's a very pertinent detail that is missing from their website and any mailings I've gotten.

Obi-Wanma 12-07-10 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jon2 (Post 10531235)
Is there, typically, a certain number of titles that must be purchased before a DMC membership commitment is fulfilled? I'm thinking of joining for certain older live action DVD titles that I doubt will ever make it to BR.

In the past I've been a member of many clubs (usually book clubs) and they always let you know right up front just how many purchases were required for membership fulfillment. It would vary depending on what the initial offer was, but they didn't make you sign up before letting you know the details.

Over the years I've gotten a lot of DMC mail offers and thought of joining many times, but this particular issue has always kept me from signing up. IMO, it's a very pertinent detail that is missing from their website and any mailings I've gotten.

It's not missing from their website, it's very clearly stated. Click where it says "Membership Details". Right now, with no offer code, it says you need to buy 5 more at regular prices (4 if you buy the 5th title for 14.95).

Also, since it seems you're talking about DVD's and not Blu-Rays, you're in the wrong thread. The DMC thread is here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/4...-part-5-a.html

The best Deal for DVD's is to use offer code: 978283

5 for $1, 6th for $14.95, 7th for $9.95, only 2 more to buy (minimum purchase price for fulfilment = 19.95)

For the Blu Ray club, the offer code is in the first post of this thread.

consoleman 12-07-10 12:01 PM

Does anyone know for the Bluray club, how many fulfillments does boxsets count as? If it can count for 2 or more, I might just order the Pirates of the Caribbean or the Toy Story boxset instead of choosing the individual titles as enrollment titles.

Jane2001 12-07-10 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by consoleman (Post 10531814)
Does anyone know for the Bluray club, how many fulfillments does boxsets count as? If it can count for 2 or more, I might just order the Pirates of the Caribbean or the Toy Story boxset instead of choosing the individual titles as enrollment titles.

I was wondering the same thing and the only thing I could find was this from Disney's website:

Multipacks are subject to different commitment rules, and their value toward your membership commitment will be noted in individual communications. Prices are subject to change, and the Club will notify you of changes in future mailings.

John Galt 12-08-10 02:25 PM

Just finished up my first Disney Blu Ray membership. Got the standard 7 titles for $21.90 and fulfilled with Toy Story 3 for $35.90 and the combo they were running with Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 and Pinocchio for $47.95. Ended up with 10 Disney titles for $10.57 each. Not bad at all! Thanks for all the hard work guys, I remember how time consuming it was from back when I used to help out with all the CH posts.

Now for my question, does anyone know how Disney handles accounts per household? Can you do 2 at a time like at CH and do they care if you keep cycling through them?