DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Clubs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs-13/)
-   -   Disney Blu-ray Club! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/579042-disney-blu-ray-club.html)

Obi-Wanma 12-06-11 09:39 AM

Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by extrafuzzyllama (Post 11031842)
ok thanks for clearing it up so things like the Pirates trilogy boxset wont work with the 5 for dollar or 11.95 or 8.95 prices right?
and is there updated item numbers for newer movies?
i am trying to get the beauty and beast in my first order with either 5 for dollar or 11.95, 8.95 priced ones

Originally Posted by extrafuzzyllama (Post 11031842)
will i be able to see if my movies i pick qualify before being billed?
and are there any new movies for the item number trick that are not in the spreadsheet?

No, you can't add a box set to your enrollment package. Well, you can, but you will be charged full price for it, so there's no point in doing it.

Yes there are item numbers for newer movies which aren't on the list, but you need an existing membership to find them. Beauty and the Beast is 13144. If there's anything else you're looking for, PM me, and I will get the numbers for you.

After you add all the items to your enrollment package, it will show you the total cost of your order before you finalize it. If it comes out to 21.90, you're golden. If it's more than that, you probably added something that costs more than 29.95 to your cart, and got charged full price for it. So take that item out and try something else.

Obi-Wanma 12-06-11 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by jacob_b (Post 11030971)
Honestly, there doesn't seem to be many old school Disney titles to get, so is it even worth renewing the Disney club?

Depends what you're looking for and what you already have. I've cycled thru several DMC memberships and I think I still enough titles that I want for 1 or 2 more memberships. Plus I sometimes order doubles of the same title in my enrollment packages, so I can get one for my sister-in-law, so that stretches it out some.

jacob_b 12-06-11 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 11032023)
Depends what you're looking for and what you already have. I've cycled thru several DMC memberships and I think I still enough titles that I want for 1 or 2 more memberships. Plus I sometimes order doubles of the same title in my enrollment packages, so I can get one for my sister-in-law, so that stretches it out some.

Double ordering the titles are smart. I already got the Ducktales movie, which was big for me. Are Blu-Rays apart of this package as well? If so, I'd like things like Toy Story (which I think they do have), Snow White, Cinderalla, Sleeping Beauty, etc. Any old school titles like that open?

Obi-Wanma 12-06-11 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jacob_b (Post 11032340)
Double ordering the titles are smart. I already got the Ducktales movie, which was big for me. Are Blu-Rays apart of this package as well? If so, I'd like things like Toy Story (which I think they do have), Snow White, Cinderalla, Sleeping Beauty, etc. Any old school titles like that open?

This thread is specifically for the Blu-Ray club, and the promo code is for blu-rays.

All of the Toy Storys are available in the club. Snow White and Sleeping Beauty have already seen Blu-Ray releases and are back in the vault. Cinderella will receive a Blu-Ray release sometime next year.

Here are the Blu-Rays from the "Masterpiece Collection" that are currently available:
Princess and the Frog
Alice In Wonderland
Fox & The Hound
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Bambi
Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo

Lady and the Tramp comes out in Feb

Pixar Films currently available:
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Up
Monsters, Inc.
A Bug's Life
Cars
Cars 2
Ratatouille
Wall-E
The Incredibles

Plus there's lots of other stuff if you go into Live action releases or "Grown Up Hits"

John Galt 12-07-11 08:31 AM

If anyone receives either a Dumbo or Winnie the Pooh Lenticular with their December selection, please PM me and see if we can work something out. I just opened a new account and they didn't even offer me this months selection :(

Cutegirll025 12-07-11 11:57 PM

Thanks for all the tips (with help of the bluray forums as well), just put through an account with the following:

Lion King Bluray Combo
The Proposal Bluray
Beauty and the Beast Bluray Combo
Monster's Inc Bluray Combo
Princess and the Frog 3-Discs Bluray
Alice in Wonderland 3-Discs Bluray

Didn't get the 7th one because I figured that it I’m able to get both commitment as pre-ordered ($24.95) and if I’m able to get free shipping the average per Bluray $7.86 (better average than if I get the 7th Bluray) Already got my confirmation e-mail and order processing.
Thanks Again Guy!!!!!

Stuartt 12-08-11 06:21 PM

Just got done cycling an account. I was able to add "13624 | WOW: World Of Wonder 2-Disc Set (2 BD)" as one of the promotional titles.

Also, the representative stated that people should be using codes ending in "B" instead of "D" for the bluray club, not DVD club.

Lastly, there is currently an ad on this page with the 5 for $1 deal with a new promo code:
offerId=9074B (or D for DVD)

Rexxriot 12-24-11 05:14 PM

I signed up late last Saturday night and ended up getting my order today. I got:

The Incredibles
Wall-E
Ratatouille
Up
Tron
Tron: Legacy
WOW: World of Wonder

Very surprised it came so quickly, but I always feel like packages come quicker around Christmas time.

Superdaddy 12-29-11 02:22 PM

Just signed up for the BD club. I was a member of the club in the DVD days; figured with the current offers it was a good time to join again, plus I finally found enough titles of interest to make it worth my while (got some new movies and upgraded some DVDs).

Enrollment package (all combo packs):

Dinosaur
The Nightmare Before Christmas
POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl
Princess and the Frog
Ratatouille
Secretariat
Tron (Original)

bigjim25 12-29-11 04:54 PM

I got my enrollment of all BR/DVD combo packs in today. My Lion King 3D cover had a few dents and Dumbo slipcover was creased on side but still an awesome deal for around $22.
14484 Beauty & The Beast Enchanted Christmas
15005 Dumbo
14132 Ratatouille
14130 Wall-E
14991 Winnie The Pooh
14286 Lion King (4 Disc Combo)
14493 Chicken Little (3D Combo)
Was charged $80.90 but called them up after the order shipped and got $59 credited back to my card.

Superdaddy 01-04-12 01:08 AM

Hmmmm...logged in and it says my enrollments have shipped, but it doesn't indicate that one movie has been taken off my commitment although I did take the bonus disc that was supposed to count. Does it take them time to update these things?

darkdaze73 01-04-12 01:46 AM

yeah. it usually takes a couple of days after it has shipped to update.

Superdaddy 01-04-12 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 (Post 11064118)
yeah. it usually takes a couple of days after it has shipped to update.

Thank you, darkdaze73!

inksketcher 01-09-12 11:26 AM

Is African Cats available as an enrollment yet?

joltman 01-09-12 01:29 PM

It's not even available to members yet.

joltman 01-11-12 10:41 AM

Any ideas when there might be a free shipping code? Like, do they come out in any kind of regularity?

Superdaddy 01-13-12 09:19 AM

My enrollments came yesterday. Now I see Lady and the Tramp as the featured title. It's not clear whether ordering it will count as a fulfillment. (It's $24.95, not $29.95).

They have a double feature with Snow Buddies that counts. They don't say about Lady and the Tramp alone.

I have this pre-ordered at amazon with the $10.00 coupon, but might cancel if this club pre-order would get a fulfillment out of the way.

Sweet Baby James 01-13-12 09:45 AM

^

It will count. Featured selections at $24.95 count as one fulfullment.

Obi-Wanma 01-13-12 09:47 AM

I've bought them when they weren't Featured, and they still counted. In my experience, all the 24.95 pre-orders will count.

Superdaddy 01-14-12 12:42 PM

Thanks, James and Obi-Wan. Fulfilling this account will be a breeze. Disney puts out a bunch of stuff I want each year. Thanks for the info!

IJMSPORT 01-15-12 09:40 AM

IMO, I'd hang on to the Amazon pre-order of LATT with that $10 coupon. You could potentially get it for $10. Thats a far cry from $35 or $40, the price after taxes and shipping with DMC.

You have two years to fulfill and there will be a bunch of titles this year and next that wont have coupons associated with them. Dont pass on the $10 rips, since they are not as common as they used to be (most coupons are now between $5 and $8).

darkdaze73 01-15-12 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT (Post 11076814)
IMO, I'd hang on to the Amazon pre-order of LATT with that $10 coupon. You could potentially get it for $10. Thats a far cry from $35 or $40, the price after taxes and shipping with DMC.

You have two years to fulfill and there will be a bunch of titles this year and next that wont have coupons associated with them. Dont pass on the $10 rips, since they are not as common as they used to be (most coupons are now between $5 and $8).

It would actually be beneficial to keep the LATT order with DMC unless he wants to wait for a free shipping offer. But then he would have to make sure both items count as fulfillments as DMC gives discounts on buying multiples(30%, 40%, or 50% off the second title).

The LATT pre-order is 24.95 + 3.95 shipping. I know this can be a state to state thing, but I was not charged tax on any of my orders.

I took advantage of this last month when they had Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Enchanted Christmas as the selection of the month. I received an email letting me know LATT was available for pre-order and that there was free shipping with two or more titles.

So I ordered BatB: BE Xmas(29.95) and po'd LATT(24.95). I called to clarify that both items would count as fulfillments and was told yes. So when it's all said and done I will have only paid $76.80 for 9 titles.

Sweet Baby James 01-15-12 07:51 PM

Or you could always wait a few weeks and take LATT as an enrollment on your next account(URL #15151). So many options.:)

DarkPhantom13 01-16-12 02:41 AM

I was going to enroll today with the promo code that was posted in the first page of this thread but i guess the deal has since changed. It now says 4 movies for $1 plus an additional movie at $14.99 and another bonus movie at $9.99. But it also says i have to buy 5 movies at full price within the next 24 months so that would be 4 if i buy the $14.99 movie. So they lowered the amount of movies for a $1 from 5 to 4 and on top of that they upped the price of the bonus movies and upped the amount of movies required to be purchased in 24 months from 3 to 5? I guess i will wait for a better promo code to pop up.

Sweet Baby James 01-16-12 08:47 AM

^

Try 17674D or 17674B.