DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-14, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I received TMNT yesterday along with Sin City 2.
Hmmm. I had those on the same order as well, but only received Sin City 2 (yesterday) and The Skeleton Twins (today). I do have another charge, which is likely TMNT, hopefully due to arrive tomorrow. They could have saved money shipping the 3 items together, instead of 3 separate packages. Well, I didn't pay for shipping, so if they want to blow their money, so be it!
Old 12-19-14, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new deal! 20% off blu rays using code BLURAY20... sadly not good with bonus points or any other offer
Old 12-19-14, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

OK... I threw caution to the wind and contacted them *again* about that "pending" order. Here's the response:
Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we have no record of ever receiving the order. If you would like us to send the item(s) to you now, please provide us with the information and we'll do so immediately. Be sure to include your name, address, account number, the item number(s) of the selection(s) you wish to purchase, and from which catalog you are ordering.

If we may be of further service, please don't hesitate to contact us.
I thought that odd as I provided the order number *twice* when contacting them and it's still showing on that account. Of course it was placed using the $10 off code active at that time and was a pre-order item at the time (which is probably why it got screwed up to start). There's *no way* I'm going to try and get the order reinstated as I'm 100% positive it'd be screwed up again!
Old 12-26-14, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Received an e-mail that states free shipping for the rest of the year. Yes, the memberschoice50 code works with it.

I currently don't have any outstanding orders with CH. Now trying to decide if I want to look for anything.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 12-26-14 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-28-14, 11:55 AM

got my bonus points order within six weeks, so I guess that's an improvement.
Old 12-28-14, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I hear ya. I have no intention of calling. I'll submit an email through their system. If they reverse it, great! If they don't, I'll just pay it. It's not worth waiting on hold, and having to explain and re-explain the problem over and over. I don't have anything else pending on that account. I just want to use my points and be done with it. Then I can concentrate on my other account, which has items still pending. I hope we get another free shipping day which works when using points. I have 54 points to blow on that account, so want to get crackin!

Amazing. That never happens to me. I just received Sin City 2 today, 29 days after release. I thought that was impressive enough. I do have another item in-route, which is either Transformers AOE 3D or TMNT 3D (based on the price I was charged). If it is TMNT, then I will be shocked, since it just came out. TF has been out forever, so you'd think it would have shipped already.
Do free shipping times ALWAYS work with points, because it doesn't seem to be working now.

You have to use your points before the end of the year or lose them, right? Either last year or the year before I lost a few points because I forgot about them.

Last time I used points, it seemed to allow you to use all of them, but it started from MSRP. Now it seems to limit the amount of points you can use on any item, but takes them off the discounted price.

For NxNW digibook, I could use 15 for an item that was priced 20.95
For Guardians of the Galaxy, it was 24 for 32.95.
For godzilla, it was 20 for 26.95 (or whatever it was, I can't find it again. This is the absolute WORST search engine I have ever seen).

The way they do things, it makes these points worth less than half their value, or maybe less.

What is everyone getting? Looking for suggestions, since I don't like using points on something I think will be heavily discounted in the future. I tried to search for "they live" hoping to find the Scream release, but it came up empty. however I was browsing, I noticed that they have "they live" dvd, and wondered why I didn't find it in the search.
Old 12-28-14, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Do free shipping times ALWAYS work with points, because it doesn't seem to be working now.

You have to use your points before the end of the year or lose them, right? Either last year or the year before I lost a few points because I forgot about them.

Last time I used points, it seemed to allow you to use all of them, but it started from MSRP. Now it seems to limit the amount of points you can use on any item, but takes them off the discounted price.

For NxNW digibook, I could use 15 for an item that was priced 20.95
For Guardians of the Galaxy, it was 24 for 32.95.
For godzilla, it was 20 for 26.95 (or whatever it was, I can't find it again. This is the absolute WORST search engine I have ever seen).

The way they do things, it makes these points worth less than half their value, or maybe less.

What is everyone getting? Looking for suggestions, since I don't like using points on something I think will be heavily discounted in the future. I tried to search for "they live" hoping to find the Scream release, but it came up empty. however I was browsing, I noticed that they have "they live" dvd, and wondered why I didn't find it in the search.
Here's the FAQ section regarding the new bonus points system. I haven't spent time figuring out the best way to maximize the points, but it's worth noting they shouldn't expire at the end of the year if you've made any purchases during the last 12 months. Also, it's noted below that an e-mail would be sent prior to points expiring. I'm not sure if free shipping is supposed to ever be an option since it's noted below that bonus points doesn't combine with other offers.

BONUS POINTS

How do I earn bonus points?

You will earn 2 Points for each DVD you purchase priced at $7.49 or higher. You will not earn Bonus Points on DVDs in your introductory package or on books and other non-DVD merchandise. Bonus Points are earned on the cost of the DVDs you purchase, excluding shipping and processing charges and tax. Points earned on recent purchases will be added to your balance once a month, no later than the 5th day of each month.

How do I redeem my bonus points?

If you have Bonus Points available for redemption, the “Apply” Bonus Points button will automatically appear on the Shopping Cart page during checkout. Simply click the “Apply” button on the Cart page to redeem your points. The “Apply” button will only appear if you have enough Points in your account to use toward a purchase. Bonus Points currently can only be redeemed online and redemption is limited to DVD purchases.

How are Bonus Points applied to my order?

Each Bonus Point is equal to $1 off any DVD in your order (1 Bonus Point = $1). Bonus Points can be used to reduce the price of each DVD in your Cart up to a maximum of 75% off the Club price of that title.

Can I choose how many Bonus Points I use per order?

No, we will automatically apply the maximum number of points available to your order.

What happened to the Bonus Points I earned under the old program?

All Bonus Points you earned prior to the suspension of the program have been converted to the new program. For example, if you had 50 Bonus Points in your Account, you still have those 50 Bonus Points to use in the new program. Also, if you made purchases that earned points while the program was suspended, those points have been added to the Bonus Points balance in your Account.

How can I check my Bonus Points balance?

You can check your balance anytime by visiting the “Bonus Points” page within the Account Section. Your Bonus Points balance will be updated on a monthly basis, no later than the 5th day of each month. Points earned during the month will not be available until the monthly update is made to your account.

Can Bonus Points be redeemed in conjunction with other Club offers?

Bonus Points can be redeemed in conjunction with Elite Shipping. Bonus Points cannot be combined with any other promotional offers.

How many points can I earn?

There is no limit to the number of Points that you can earn. You will earn 2 points for each DVD that you purchase priced at $7.49 or higher.

How much time do I have to redeem my Bonus Points?

Your entire Bonus Points balance will expire if you do not make a purchase of any kind for more than 12 months. We will send you a reminder prior to expiring your points. If your Club account has been inactive for the 12 months prior to this re-launch of the Bonus Points program (dated 5/6/14), your Bonus Points will expire on September 30, 2014. Bonus Points will be forfeited if you leave the Club for any reason (whether you chose to cancel or we cancel your account for any reason).

What happens if I wish to return a DVD that was purchased with Bonus Points?

All Bonus Point purchases are final. If you redeemed Bonus Points when you ordered a DVD and you return that DVD for any reason, the Bonus Points you redeemed will not be refunded to your Bonus Points balance.

What happens when I return a DVD that earned Bonus Points?

If you return a DVD for any reason, any Bonus Points you earned for that order will be subtracted from your Bonus Points balance.

Do Bonus Point purchases count towards my membership purchase commitment?

No, Bonus Point purchases do not count toward your commitment.

What does it mean if I see a negative Bonus Points balance?

A negative Bonus Points balance may be the result of returns of Bonus Point orders. Initially, all members who have a negative balance will have their Bonus Points balance reset to zero. Once you begin to earn/redeem Bonus Points, if you have a negative balance you can remedy this by making additional qualifying purchases.
Old 12-28-14, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Here's the FAQ section regarding the new bonus points system. I haven't spent time figuring out the best way to maximize the points, but it's worth noting they shouldn't expire at the end of the year if you've made any purchases during the last 12 months. Also, it's noted below that an e-mail would be sent prior to points expiring. I'm not sure if free shipping is supposed to ever be an option since it's noted below that bonus points doesn't combine with other offers.
Thanks, for some reason, as long as I've been doing this, I didn't think to look at the FAQ.

I guess that answers all my questions, except why ken mentioned it has worked with free shipping. I think a lot people got Lego 3D w/ free shipping, if I remember, but I could be wrong.
Old 12-28-14, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Thanks, for some reason, as long as I've been doing this, I didn't think to look at the FAQ.

I guess that answers all my questions, except why ken mentioned it has worked with free shipping. I think a lot people got Lego 3D w/ free shipping, if I remember, but I could be wrong.
You may be right, but I don't remember either. It's probably one of those things where free shipping is not supposed to work, but maybe it has at some point because of one of those infamous CH glitches that happens on occasion.
Old 01-02-15, 09:38 AM

New $10 off any order, no minimum code, combines with current free shippng

Take $10 off your order. Take $10 off your order when you use coupon code 10OFF2015. Enter code at checkout. There is no minimum purchase, however if your order total is less than $10, the remaining balance will not carry over. This is a one-time use code. You must use a credit card or PayPal for this offer. Bill Me orders are not allowed.
Old 01-02-15, 12:31 PM

The $10 deal would be a lot better if Columbia House didn't charge MSRP for a lot of titles. Best way to take advantage of it is to stack $7-$9 blurays and get the $10 off plus the bonus points for each title. You can get three titles at $8.97 a piece and the $10 off makes the grand total $16.91 plus six bonus points. memberschoice50 is still the better deal if you can still use it.
Old 01-02-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Going to have to take a look and see what I can pick up with my accounts. Doesn't seem like the free shipping is supposed to be combined with this offer, so my instincts are telling me to act quickly.

Another mental note from when they had this deal previously--I think I had issues with any orders that came up as "free". I'll probably try to make sure my orders are over the $10 threshold before the coupon.
Old 01-02-15, 01:19 PM

I am in for Fury @ $10.97 with free shipping...

CH has a big front page ad saying "Free Shipping through the end of the year"...WOW free shipping for 2015!
Old 01-02-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GTlarry59
CH has a big front page ad saying "Free Shipping through the end of the year"...WOW free shipping for 2015!
In addition to that, their offer disclaimer page says the code is 10off2105.

I doubt they'll ever get their act together.
Old 01-02-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I focused on the many $11.97 titles. There were a boatload of them that would have represented upgrades for me. Instead, I purchased a couple of films that I didn't own:

The Ides of March
Scarface (BD/DVD Steelbook)

Can't go wrong for $1.97 each.

If anyone is interested, they also have The Big Lebowski Steelbook at the same price point.

For my 3rd account, I actually bought a DVD, picking up It Happened One Night for $1.97. I watched this for the first time during last year's Academy Awards challenge and loved it. I know a Criterion BD has been released, but I'm content with picking up the DVD so inexpensively. It's listed for $20 on the site, but with the 40% off DVDs and $10 coupon, it was a welcome purchase for me.
Old 01-02-15, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

ugh. No more free shipping.
Old 01-07-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Without free shipping I just can't come up with much of interest for the $10 off (is it even still active?).

BUT I *did* use my last memberschoice50 code with free shipping and picked up several TV seasons cheap. Surprisingly it *all* came in yesterday! No problems - and this is the account I had the open order since waaaay back. I'm guessing it'll never ship - hope not as I re-ordered that title with the code.
Old 01-09-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just received all 3 of my titles, exactly one week after ordering.

Is this the new 2015 Columbia House?!
Old 02-13-15, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Free shipping weekend per the e-mail I just received.

Couldn't get the memberschoice50 code to work though.
Old 02-13-15, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Working for me as well. I'm ready to pull the trigger, I just wished that they had Nightcrawler.
Old 02-13-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Have you used it since last summer? I just loaded a cart and the mc50 and FS applied fine.
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Working for me as well. I'm ready to pull the trigger, I just wished that they had Nightcrawler.
Figured out my problem. I had pulled up my account, clicked on the first thing I saw so I could test the code. Chose Gone Girl on DVD. When I click on that title individually, I see the following:

This is a DVD Xtra title. DVD Xtra enables you to shop for movies not previously available in the Club. DVD Xtra product purchases do not count toward the fulfillment of your Membership Commitment and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Had never seen that before. Checked a different title, and the discount applied.
Old 02-13-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fox and Disney titles won't work with the code(they did at one time but CH has fixed that glitch).
Old 02-13-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fox and Disney titles won't work with the code(they did at one time but CH has fixed that glitch).
Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now.
Old 02-13-15, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You can use bonus points on them though. That would probably be the best use of bonus points...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-13-15 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-13-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Bonus points are fun -- I got Boxtrolls 3D for $8 or so a couple weeks ago.
I wish you could get free shipping to work with bonus points though. I guess it did briefly last year, but I've checked every free shipping promo since then, and no dice... I think I may order Birdman with points, since it's Fox...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.