Reload this Page >

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Old 10-23-14, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

I received a response yesterday to my "order status" inquiry from AUGUST. Of course, it was the usual form letter, not answering my question at all. I had also asked to cancel one item in that email, and asking about missing points. None of my 3 problems were addressed.
Old 10-23-14, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CH has just added Cowboy Bebop Complete Series Blu-ray for pre-order. I'll definitely upgrade my Remix set for $17.99 with the memberschoice50 code.
Old 10-23-14, 05:49 PM

received the Raid 2 and Oldboy today. Still waiting on six more items. Saw a pending charge on my cc which should account for 4 or 5 of those items.
Old 10-30-14, 05:50 PM

got 4 more today. Just SVU 15 and A Million Ways to Die in the West left to go.
Old 10-31-14, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Free shipping right now and it does stack with the memberschoice50 code.
Old 11-01-14, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I finally received the two Universal Monsters box sets that I ordered in late August.

I never received a shipping notice email and it still shows my order status as "processing".

Best of all, I paid for this order via Paypal and CH allowed my payment to expire.

I thought that $59.99 each for those sets was an amazing deal, but FREE is even better!
Old 11-02-14, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I bet you have a balance on your account, or will soon.
Old 11-02-14, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After viewing this thread multiple times I took advantage of the memberchoice50 and free shipping offered over Halloween. Picked up Chucky Complete Collection Bluray and Friday the 13th Complete Collection Bluray together for $59.97 (shipping was free).

I get the feeling this is going to put Columbia House out of business. The $39.99 for the Friday the 13th collection is far below the average retail price of $80. I was around when BMG music went out of business and it was sales like this that did them in. I don't see how they can be profitable.
Old 11-02-14, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Phoenix30

I get the feeling this is going to put Columbia House out of business. The $39.99 for the Friday the 13th collection is far below the average retail price of $80. I was around when BMG music went out of business and it was sales like this that did them in. I don't see how they can be profitable.
The memberschoice50 isn't a sale. It's a code that CH CSR's give out as an apology when they make a mistake. It was never intended to be used by all members. CH has had far greater glitches in the past(they once had $300 box sets availabe as enrollment selections) and are still hanging in there.
Old 11-03-14, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Only Holiday Inn is left
Got my copy of Holiday Inn today out of the blue. Still no hide nor hair of Godzilla (from the same order placed in August).
Old 11-04-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix30
I get the feeling this is going to put Columbia House out of business...I was around when BMG music went out of business and it was sales like this that did them in. I don't see how they can be profitable.
Originally Posted by Columbia House Website
We’ll Be Right Back

Sorry, our website is temporarily unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.
Death rattle?
Old 11-08-14, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Death rattle?
Seems I was right sadly. Both the main site links to a book club and Columbia House Deals states the site is no longer active. Figured the abuse would do them in. No way the company could be profitable. Unless it's an error which I hope cause otherwise I am never going to get my Friday the 13th boxset and Chucky boxset for $60.
Old 11-08-14, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts

Site comes up for me.
Old 11-08-14, 05:54 PM

I contacted them on Facebook and the representative told me it was a web server issue. Also mentioned that Columbia House Deals isn't affiliated with the company so its message that Columbia House DVD is no more isn't accurate. She assured me the company is 100% not going out of business.
Old 11-15-14, 03:51 PM

Order from August 7th is finally done. Now to use up the bonus points, so I can get my stuff by Valentines Day.
Old 11-22-14, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Free shipping this weekend that does stack with the memberschoice50 code.
Old 11-30-14, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Just received this offer in my email...

Old 11-30-14, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not bad... For BD's, that's the equivalent of 40% off if you buy 3 titles priced the same...
Not as good as memberschoice50, but it gives people who already used it the 2nd time a chance to do some shopping... Also, with this code, you could just order 3, 6, or 9 titles without feeling compelled to order the full 20 titles...
Old 12-17-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This thread has been dead for a while, so I figured I would post an update on my CH saga:
1) They shipped 3 small packages to me recently (didn't get em yet, but saw the charges). Mathematically, they don't add up for anything I ordered. Very curious what they are...
2) They finally credited me $132 for items I returned 6 weeks ago due to a duplicate order THEY created while trying to resolve an issue with them over the phone.
3) They charged me a $3 late fee for the duplicate items, even though I had returned them, because they were so friggin slow in crediting my account.

I really hate CH as a company. They truly suck. But they still provide the occasional bargains, so it's hard to quit them...
Did anybody ever get them to reverse a late fee? I'm going to try. Just wasn't sure if they are hard asses, or if they do it...
Old 12-17-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

^I've never tried. The only one I've ever had was due to their incompetence but rather than fight over it I just sucked it up and paid it. I figured it was worth $3 to *not* have to try and explain that it was really their fault the fee was charged.
Old 12-17-14, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On a brighter note, I just received Cowboy Bebop from a memberschoice order just one day after release.
Old 12-18-14, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^I've never tried. The only one I've ever had was due to their incompetence but rather than fight over it I just sucked it up and paid it. I figured it was worth $3 to *not* have to try and explain that it was really their fault the fee was charged.
I hear ya. I have no intention of calling. I'll submit an email through their system. If they reverse it, great! If they don't, I'll just pay it. It's not worth waiting on hold, and having to explain and re-explain the problem over and over. I don't have anything else pending on that account. I just want to use my points and be done with it. Then I can concentrate on my other account, which has items still pending. I hope we get another free shipping day which works when using points. I have 54 points to blow on that account, so want to get crackin!

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
On a brighter note, I just received Cowboy Bebop from a memberschoice order just one day after release.
Amazing. That never happens to me. I just received Sin City 2 today, 29 days after release. I thought that was impressive enough. I do have another item in-route, which is either Transformers AOE 3D or TMNT 3D (based on the price I was charged). If it is TMNT, then I will be shocked, since it just came out. TF has been out forever, so you'd think it would have shipped already.
Old 12-18-14, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I received TMNT yesterday along with Sin City 2.
Old 12-18-14, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I hear ya. I have no intention of calling. I'll submit an email through their system. If they reverse it, great! If they don't, I'll just pay it. It's not worth waiting on hold, and having to explain and re-explain the problem over and over. I don't have anything else pending on that account. I just want to use my points and be done with it. Then I can concentrate on my other account, which has items still pending. I hope we get another free shipping day which works when using points. I have 54 points to blow on that account, so want to get crackin!
Yes - free shipping which works on a points order would be great! I intentionally skipped the last one as I'd already blown my budget (and then some) for that month. I'd like to get most of 'em spent.

Oddly, I *still* have a pending order (hung in "Processing" state) on my other account. It's a "closed but reopened" type account. When I contacted them about why my order was not sent (ordered in June, contacted in October) I was told it was because that account is closed! Keep in mind that I can still log in and have gotten stuff from that account prior to the *still pending* order. I keep being tempted to use the memberschoice50 code with it but don't need anything else hanging out there with no resolution. The way stuff seems to work for me is if I order that pending title from another vendor *that's* when they'll go "Oh... here's a order that was never sent! Get it out the door!" which will leave me dealing with them for a return. That's *never* a pleasant proposition...
Old 12-18-14, 09:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Got mine yesterday, too.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.