Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Old 04-14-14, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
As the saying goes, I "took one for the team" and found a title I was willing to buy with shipping. Tried using the code again on another order just to check and it said the code was "invalid". So I guess it is a single use only.
And I'll confirm that observation. After placing a order I got the "Coupon code "TaxDay10" is not valid" message when I attempted to use it again.

Just for kicks I tried it at SFBC - doesn't work. But it *does* work on my 2nd CH account... at least until I use it.
Old 04-15-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming this coupon expires today... I only used it on one account so far. I better go back for the other two...
Old 04-15-14, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Decided to gamble on a few new 3D titles. Bought Nurse 3D, and Hellbenders 3D, for $7.96 each AC...
Old 04-16-14, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts

I do believe the code has expired. I checked this morning and the code/banner were still on the home page. However, it's gone now and the code is registering "not valid".
Old 04-16-14, 04:08 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks Kenbenobi. I only ordered yesterday because of your warning about it expiring. And I ordered Nurse 3D too. On my other accounts, I ordered Touch of Evil, Altered States, and Burlesque.
I thought it would be good for awhile. But you got me going on it or I would have missed out.
Old 04-16-14, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by g
Thanks Kenbenobi. I only ordered yesterday because of your warning about it expiring. And I ordered Nurse 3D too. On my other accounts, I ordered Touch of Evil, Altered States, and Burlesque.
I thought it would be good for awhile. But you got me going on it or I would have missed out.
Awesome, glad you used it to the max! I was just guessing, since it was called "TaxDay" and 4/15 was when taxes were due, so I figured that was the end. For once, I was right! Somebody please tell my wife that!
Old 04-16-14, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I do believe the code has expired. I checked this morning and the code/banner were still on the home page. However, it's gone now and the code is registering "not valid".
Did you already use it? It's a one per account code. When I click on the $7.95 offer details, the taxday10 code is still listed. I have already used the code so I cannot see if it is still active.
Old 04-16-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Did you already use it? It's a one per account code. When I click on the $7.95 offer details, the taxday10 code is still listed. I have already used the code so I cannot see if it is still active.
I just tried it on one of my accounts that I have not used it on and it comes up as "invalid".
Old 04-16-14, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hadn't used it yet, and got the invalid message. I was a little sad. Had picked out a few $10-12 items that I was going to pick up. However, I mentioned it before, but I still have 1-2 outstanding items left from previous orders and small balance due amounts...I really need to get things cleared up before I make any more orders and confuse CH (and myself) even more. Hopefully the $10 code or something like it will appear again. I'm more confident about that than I used to be.
Old 04-16-14, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully the $10 code or something like it will appear again. I'm more confident about that than I used to be.
I certainly hope so too. They just added some Hitchcock titles for $11.97 each. I would love to snag Vertigo and Rear Window for under $5 each.
Old 04-16-14, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I certainly hope so too. They just added some Hitchcock titles for $11.97 each. I would love to snag Vertigo and Rear Window for under $5 each.
I noticed those. One of the titles I had planned to order with the $10 code was Psycho. I would have been thrilled to pick that up for less than $5 shipped.
Old 04-17-14, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All of my taxday orders shipped out today. Lightning fast for CH.
Old 04-25-14, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I created a huge order of over 20 items 2 months ago and it never shipped. I facebooked CH and it seems their system can't handle large orders. He re-distributed the order to 3 separate orders so they would process. Hopefully he did it right since he only gave me the order #'s and not the contents. But that seems to be the reason for the limitation -- it's not just random.
Old 04-26-14, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Went ahead and ordered Touch of Evil Limited Edition - Blu-ray. It violates my stance on Columbia House pre-orders, but what the heck. It's just one title, how bad could it get?
10 days after release, still not shipped. It's one item! One item I tells ya'!
Old 04-26-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

10 days after release, still not shipped. It's one item! One item I tells ya'!
Patience. I just got a hold on my credit card today for TOE and Double Indemnity. Should be in my hands in the next few days.
Old 05-01-14, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received my TOE and DE yesterday...
Old 05-01-14, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From their Facebook page:
Because I'm in a giving mood today, spend $19.95 or more and enter the code 'Ronin' at checkout and get a Blu-ray copy of the Robert DeNiro film absolutely FREE!

Featuring one of the greatest car chases in movie history, RONIN tells the story of covert mercenaries out to steal a top-secret briefcase.
Old 05-02-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a FYI, but it looks like Columbia House has unveiled a new gimmick: http://www.moviemysterybox.com/

You get 5 titles for $20 (free shipping). The catch--you only know one of the titles you're getting. They change the deal every 24 hours.

For example, today shows the Lorax on DVD and is promoted as an animation box.

Tomorrow, you can already see the title shown will be a BD of The Fast & The Furious. If anyone is brave enough to take the plunge on this one, let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-02-14, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Received my TOE and DE yesterday...
I'm on the road so maybe my copy finally showed up. I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything, and the order still says "processing" on the web site. Well, here's to hoping for small miracles.
Old 05-06-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm on the road so maybe my copy finally showed up. I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything, and the order still says "processing" on the web site. Well, here's to hoping for small miracles.
Nope, nothing. Three weeks after the release date of a title I pre-ordered and it is still not even shipped yet. I am so shocked.
Old 05-09-14, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a FYI, but it looks like Columbia House has unveiled a new gimmick: http://www.moviemysterybox.com/

You get 5 titles for $20 (free shipping). The catch--you only know one of the titles you're getting. They change the deal every 24 hours.

For example, today shows the Lorax on DVD and is promoted as an animation box.

Tomorrow, you can already see the title shown will be a BD of The Fast & The Furious. If anyone is brave enough to take the plunge on this one, let us know how it turns out.
Perhaps someone is interested in the mystery box today, since you know it's 5 BDs for $20 and there's a hint on FB concerning the contents:

If you only buy one Mystery Box (I mean, you should buy them all but if you only want one) today is the day!

The featured title is Inception on Blu-ray plus you get 4 other amazing Sci-Fi Blu-rays.

What are they? I can't give you the titles, but here are some hints: One is an Oscar nominee for Best Picture. Two are from hugely popular Sci-Fi film franchises. And the last one is from a critically acclaimed Sci-Fi director. Seriously, none of these are bad films, and they're all on Blu-ray.
Old 05-09-14, 08:43 AM

Perhaps someone is interested in the mystery box today, since you know it's 5 BDs for $20 and there's a hint on FB concerning the contents:

If you only buy one Mystery Box (I mean, you should buy them all but if you only want one) today is the day!

The featured title is Inception on Blu-ray plus you get 4 other amazing Sci-Fi Blu-rays.

What are they? I can't give you the titles, but here are some hints: One is an Oscar nominee for Best Picture. Two are from hugely popular Sci-Fi film franchises. And the last one is from a critically acclaimed Sci-Fi director. Seriously, none of these are bad films, and they're all on Blu-ray.
I'm guessing based on the clue on the site: "alien and exiled in Africa" that one of them is "District 9".
Old 05-24-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got a $10 off coupon (no minimum) for SFBC, but unfortunately it doesn't work at CH. 10FORU
Old 05-28-14, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

CH is currently running a buy 2 Blu-rays, get 1 free plus free shipping promotion.
Old 05-28-14, 08:21 AM

CH is currently running a buy 2 Blu-rays, get 1 free plus free shipping promotion.
Thanks--I kept checking all weekend and had given up on them adding Free Shipping--time to pull the trigger on my 47 Ronin 3D, Pompeii 3D & Lego Movie 3D order for $57.54

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.