Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-14, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Glad to hear you're getting your stuff.

I still have an order from a month ago with "rush delivery" that never shipped.
If it contains mis-priced box sets, that doesn't surprise me. If it contains standard individual titles, then I am surprised.
Old 01-10-14, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
FWIW, there is currently a buy 2, get 1 free offer.
The 50% off code would have been better. Too bad they killed it. B2G1F isn't good enough, unless they have free shipping too...
Old 01-10-14, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
If it contains mis-priced box sets, that doesn't surprise me. If it contains standard individual titles, then I am surprised.
It was one regularly priced box set that sells for the same price now as it did then (or a year ago for that matter).
Old 01-10-14, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was one regularly priced box set that sells for the same price now as it did then (or a year ago for that matter).
Damn. That sucks... Why don't you cancel it and re-order it, to perhaps trigger something in the system?
I received 3 packages today from the $20 coupon orders.
Old 01-10-14, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Did you get a shipping confirmation and/or did the order show as shipping on the website?
It showed as shipped on the website but no email when it shipped. It was the only one of my orders for which I got an order confirmation email when I actually placed the order if that means anything.

I feel fairly sure that the order delays are just CH not having anything in stock. If you happen to order something in stock you get it in a somewhat timely manner. If it is not in stock...who knows how long it might take. My last orders took months, and that was for pre-orders/new releases. And considering they only offer a small fraction of the new BR releases each week that is pretty awful.
Old 01-11-14, 04:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Kellz
im looking to sign up to join because of this new code

apparently i have to pick 3 dvds at 2.99 as opposed to the 6 or so at .49 i signed up with years ago.

i don't really care for dvds unless its something that hasn't been converted to blu yet so i am looking for suggestions to get the most bang for my buck, be that for amazon trade-in value or something really good. i have The Walking Dead S1 in my cart right now, and that's it.

Have you or anyone else signed up for a new membership and then be able to turn around and place an order using the new 20.41 codes? I assume that as long as the DVD is at least 19.95 before using these codes it counts towards your obligation?

I wanted to buy some tv season sets less expensively.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
It showed as shipped on the website but no email when it shipped. It was the only one of my orders for which I got an order confirmation email when I actually placed the order if that means anything.

I feel fairly sure that the order delays are just CH not having anything in stock. If you happen to order something in stock you get it in a somewhat timely manner. If it is not in stock...who knows how long it might take. My last orders took months, and that was for pre-orders/new releases. And considering they only offer a small fraction of the new BR releases each week that is pretty awful.
Well I'll be darned, my other orders have all shipped.
Old 01-11-14, 09:54 PM

They cancelled my no balance order, the rest shipped.
Old 01-11-14, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kyleblack
They cancelled my no balance order, the rest shipped.

Did you try using the code again for the cancelled order? I have a free order as well(You're Next) and have a bad feeling that they are going to cancel it. If they allow you make a replacement order with the coupon code, then it won't be that big of a deal.
Old 01-12-14, 12:39 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Was the one cancelled using the CASHIN14 code. That's the no balance one they canceled on my account.

You never know with columbia house. They are so incompetent that they often ship the canceled orders too so I might get it anyway.

Last edited by g; 01-12-14 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-12-14, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Both of my "no balance" orders shipped, but I confirmed that I WAS charged for shipping. Even though the total with shipping appeared as free, and no payment was required, they charged my card on file for shipping. The order history still shows 0.00

As for outstanding orders, I have 3 remaining (out of 8). 2 are pre-orders (one of which is Riddick, coming out Tuesday). Fast & Furious 6 is the only title which hasn't shipped yet that should have...
Old 01-13-14, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I've received all four of my orders (funny enough, I received them on Friday and then got the shipping confirmation email for two of them on Saturday). My credit card doesn't actually show any charges yet from CH.
Old 01-13-14, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

One order shows to have shipped but there's no shipping confirmation email. Another still shows "pending". Based on the last order I placed with them I should receive the email shipping confirmation the day the package shows up in my mailbox. I *did* get a shipping confirmation on the one I did from SFBC.
Old 01-13-14, 03:37 PM

My BR for $0.82 shipped using the GIFTFOR14 promo code has shipped with no confirmation e-mail or charge to my Visa...

My 3D BR for $6.82 using CASHIN14 promo code is still "processing"...
Old 01-14-14, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Two of my favorites are "The Man Who Folded Himself" (1973) by David Gerrold and "By His Bootstraps" (1941) a short story by Robert A. Heinlein. Both are still in print but neither are currently available from SFBC.
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm not really a novel reader these days. I mainly get graphic novels or movie related reference books. Although I can't make any recommendations, this site lists a lot of time travel books, and may assist you with picking something:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...cience_fiction

Thanks. (I forgot I asked the question )

Haven't received any of my 6 orders placed and haven't monitored my account to see what is happening. I guess I need to check on that. Most action this thread has gotten in a year ....
Old 01-14-14, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

My orders (nothing received yet) from the 2 coupon codes

Account #1
Order 1 - $0.82 - paid by credit card - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped
Order 2 - $5.78 - paid by paypal - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped

Account #2
Order 3 - $0.00 - no info entered - shows pending
Order 4 - $5.62 - paid by paypal - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped

Account #2
Order 5 - $0.00 - no info entered - shows pending
Order 6 - $0.82 - paid by paypal - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped

Today, I see a pending charge from CH from $2.99 on my credit card. Who knows where that came from? A little strange to be the amount of a s/h charge.
Old 01-14-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Today, I see a pending charge from CH from $2.99 on my credit card. Who knows where that came from? A little strange to be the amount of a s/h charge.
Some others have said they were charged shipping on their $0 orders.

Maybe that means you'll actually get your $0 orders, but they'll end up costing you $2.99 each?
Old 01-14-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some others have said they were charged shipping on their $0 orders.

Maybe that means you'll actually get your $0 orders, but they'll end up costing you $2.99 each?
That was my first thought. But it would be a little strange since I didn't enter credit card info with the order since no payment information was required. I'm fairly certain the credit card is "on file" with CH so it's still possible.

On another note, did I see you indicated you never received the rush shipping order? Did you inquire at all about it? I received the 2 that I placed. Since they heavily promoted that rush shipping order as getting to you in time for the holidays, it seems they might be quick to address this. Though this is CH, so I may be way off on that thinking.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 01-14-14 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-14-14, 05:14 PM

shocking, but I received 3 orders today! two featured the $20.14 off discount and one had the 50% code used...

all three show shipped when I log into my account on line...

never received shipping notices on any of them...

credit card has been authorized but never charged yet...
Old 01-14-14, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received 1 of my CH orders and the SFBC order today. Others are still processing.
Old 01-14-14, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Today I received two more "no balance" orders, both of which I was charged shipping for even though they should have been free. The funny thing is, I received one of those orders last week. They sent it twice! Well, now I dont feel as bad about paying shipping...
Old 01-14-14, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On another note, did I see you indicated you never received the rush shipping order? Did you inquire at all about it? I received the 2 that I placed. Since they heavily promoted that rush shipping order as getting to you in time for the holidays, it seems they might be quick to address this. Though this is CH, so I may be way off on that thinking.
I never bothered to inquire about it. The holidays were stressful enough, and I didn't want to add to it by dealing with CH's baloney.
Old 01-15-14, 06:18 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

My credit card is finally showing temporary authorizations for all four orders. The only order that was supposed to be less than the cost of shipping was charged for full shipping, meaning I paid 5.28 instead of 3.08. Ah well, two dollars isn't worth getting worked up over.
Old 01-15-14, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My orders (nothing received yet) from the 2 coupon codes

Account #1
Order 1 - $0.82 - paid by credit card - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped - Received with an invoice that says total was $2.99
Order 2 - $5.78 - paid by paypal - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped - Received with an invoice showing correct total - paypal payment is actually still pending from 1/4

Account #2
Order 3 - $0.00 - no info entered - shows pending
Order 4 - $5.62 - paid by paypal - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped - Received with an invoice showing correct total - paypal payment is actually still pending from 1/4

Account #2
Order 5 - $0.00 - no info entered - shows pending
Order 6 - $0.82 - paid by paypal - no charge showing - shows complete/shipped - Received with an invoice indicating total was $2.99 - paypal payment is still pending from 1/4 in the amount of $0.82

Today, I see a pending charge from CH from $2.99 on my credit card. Who knows where that came from? A little strange to be the amount of a s/h charge. - This charge is still pending (I'm guessing it's related to order #1 above)
And today I came home to several boxes, so an update is in order. In hindsight, it looks like I should have made more expensive orders--those came through with no problem. Smaller amounts/totally free orders are messed up.
Old 01-18-14, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My SFBC order finally showed the shipping charge as a amount due on the site. I'd used a VCC with only enough on the card for the original amount ($2.72). Even though the "invoice" in the package and on site showed nothing was owed they still charged the $3.99 shipping charge. Since the VCC didn't have enough it came up on the site as a "amount due" on my account. I'm not arguing over a extra $1.27 so I just paid it.

I'm glad I waited to see what would happen on those orders as I have a couple of old CH accounts I can still access. I'll place orders for higher $$ amounts on those as the two I've done from CH came through without issue - both were a bit over the $20.14 before shipping was added.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.