DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-13, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Guess I'm a sucker for punishment. Despite everyone's recent warnings, I placed an order for 2 of the $6 BDs with free expedited shipping. I think that's my first order from CH in 2013.
Me too. Which ones did you get?

I went with In the Name of the Father and Cape Fear (1991).
Old 12-14-13, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I went with the same version of Cape Fear and Drive (this one is a blind buy). Was tempted by a few others, but I had to show some measure of restraint after all the money I've spent this month.
Old 12-14-13, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I pre-ordered Wiz of Oz 3d, along with Man Of Steel 3d and a couple of others months ago. No sign of them, so I went out and got'em elsewhere. If and/or when they decide to ship them to me, I'll just send'em right back.
So naturally last night I found a great price for the box set I have been waiting for weeks and weeks and weeks for CH to ship and I ordered it intending to call in to cancel my CH order. Then on a whim I check my CH order status after placing the alternate order and sure enough, the bastards shipped it yesterday. I am too beaten down by CH to try and return/refuse the one they just shipped, so even though it is about $15 more I canceled the new, cheaper order. $15 is worth it to not deal with CH any more. At least it is finished.
Old 12-18-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Guess I'm a sucker for punishment. Despite everyone's recent warnings, I placed an order for 2 of the $6 BDs with free expedited shipping. I think that's my first order from CH in 2013.
I went with the same version of Cape Fear and Drive (this one is a blind buy). Was tempted by a few others, but I had to show some measure of restraint after all the money I've spent this month.
Expedited shipping update -- I received my order today! Well, 1/2 of it anyway. Cape Fear showed up in the mail today in a small priority mail box. Strange that the box was big enough to hold several BDs, but no sign of the other one. The invoice just has the 1 title. My online order history still has processing for both titles. Definitely fast shipping though--ordered late Friday night, received on Wednesday.

Another oddity--in my account order history and on the individual order page, there are links/buttons to reorder. I can't figure out why I would want to have that option available.
Old 12-18-13, 10:08 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I am too beaten down by CH to try and return/refuse the one they just shipped, so even though it is about $15 more I canceled the new, cheaper order. $15 is worth it to not deal with CH any more. At least it is finished.
I too am not gonna order from them anymore. They haven't straightened out my payments and in order to talk to them on the phone they made me wait 40 minutes on hold and have no 1800 number. They gave me a fax number to send statements showing payments and never fixed it. Ever since the new site went up, they are a broken company not taking any measures to fix themselves. Read some of the comments on Facebook to see the volume of problems. Others posted the same problem with lost payments and they never get corrected among a multitude of problems.
Stay away. If problems arise, they are impossible to deal with.

Last edited by g; 12-18-13 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-19-13, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

After hearing of the issues people have been having trying to call, I just went the usual route of emailing them, twice. Never got a response, but I see they took $144 off what they claim I owe. So they still have not adjusted my account for the check I sent in Oct. and still have me owing another $128 for an order that was "processed" but never shipped(more House MD sets). They did respond to me this week when I asked them to cancel an order I placed about 3-4 months ago.

But it looks like I am going to have to call after all to get this mess straightened out.
Old 12-19-13, 11:51 AM

5 out of the 6 $6 titles I ordered say:

Ordered: 1
Canceled: 1
Yet you can still order them from the site. So I have no idea what's going on. Half the time they never even changed the Shipped to 1, so who knows--maybe someone clicked the wrong button.
Old 12-19-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Expedited shipping update -- I received my order today! Well, 1/2 of it anyway. Cape Fear showed up in the mail today in a small priority mail box. Strange that the box was big enough to hold several BDs, but no sign of the other one. The invoice just has the 1 title. My online order history still has processing for both titles. Definitely fast shipping though--ordered late Friday night, received on Wednesday.

Another oddity--in my account order history and on the individual order page, there are links/buttons to reorder. I can't figure out why I would want to have that option available.
Congrats on receiving Cape Fear so fast. Mine hasn't even shipped yet.

As far as the "reorder" button - don't worry about it, that's just part of their new funky website.
Old 12-19-13, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Congrats on receiving Cape Fear so fast. Mine hasn't even shipped yet.
Perhaps you'll have yours soon. The site doesn't show any evidence of it being shipped for me, but it obviously was.
Old 12-19-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Perhaps you'll have yours soon. The site doesn't show any evidence of it being shipped for me, but it obviously was.
Not likely in my case because my credit card still hasn't been charged (just checked a few minutes ago).
Old 12-19-13, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Not likely in my case because my credit card still hasn't been charged (just checked a few minutes ago).
This made me curious. So I checked my credit card. I don't have any charge from Columbia House. Man, they are so messed up.
Old 12-20-13, 02:15 PM

I have no idea what's going on--I had ordered 6 BDs during the recent $6 titles/free shipping deal. On my order 5 of them are listed as Canceled. Today I got 5 boxes from CH containing all 6 titles plus extra copies of 3 of them. Some of these look like they were re-sealed and not the original shrink wrap. I guess I'll be watching my credit card to make sure I don't get charged for these 3 (if they ever charge for the other 6).

Still waiting on 2 other titles from the B2G1 sale--a paid one and a free one--the free one is a pre-order that comes out at end of January so I suspect there will be more issues then if the order times out.
Old 12-20-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

You guys are making me really wonder about a order I really want to place. They have a few OOP TVonDVD seasons at good prices and I'm wanting to order them. I'm now wondering if there's a chance on receiving them. In the past if you could make it through the order process with something like that you had a 99% chance of actually receiving the order. I'll probably chance it anyway but... at least I use a VCC with them which makes it almost impossible for them to overcharge should the order get messed up.
Old 12-22-13, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Just received an email about some new movie/book site via CH. Haven't really seen much of anything that interests me.

edit: just found The Hannibal Lecter Collection for $7. But considering how much of a clusterf*** CH is, I don't know how much I could trust this site.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 12-22-13 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-22-13, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^It sounds similar (identical?) to the old BMG "Your Music" site. Flat price on everything. It didn't work.
Old 12-22-13, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Didn't that Your Music site require you to buy at least one CD per month or something like that?
Old 12-23-13, 07:04 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by joltman
Didn't that Your Music site require you to buy at least one CD per month or something like that?
Yes,I am pretty sure that it did.Wasn't around for long.When they lost their contract with Warner Brothers,they really went down hill fast.
Man,i miss the CH music club
Old 12-23-13, 07:06 PM
Cool New Member

I actually am a bit curious about this "Hoopla" thing..
Do you happen to have a link?
Old 12-23-13, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by kkingccrimson
I actually am a bit curious about this "Hoopla" thing..
Do you happen to have a link?
http://clubhoopla.com/
Old 12-25-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My account now shows my 2nd title as shipped (Drive). I'm not home at the moment to verify if has been received. My credit card only shows 1 of the 2 titles charged at this point.
Old 12-25-13, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
Very limited selection. A few decent titles but nothing spectacular.
Old 12-25-13, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru
Very limited selection. A few decent titles but nothing spectacular.
I concur.
Old 12-27-13, 03:35 PM

My pre-ordered Man of Steel 3D title FINALLY arrived on Christmas Eve…36 days after release. CH didn't answer my last three e-mails about shipping status and did not send a shipment confirmation. I immediately sent an e-mail to cancel my account and today CH responded with an e-mail about the Member's Choice Plan with no more director selections…I was ready to delete the e-mail when I noticed a one-time 50% off promo code for my account.

I can't believe I just ordered Despicable Me 2 3D…$14.99 with free standard shipping.

I am a glutton for punishment…
Old 12-27-13, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And so it begins...

Like everyone else, been having my share of headaches with CH over the last several months. Put in an order when they ran a 5 for $50 sale back in October. I have since been waiting three months for them to fulfill the order and decided that when I finally got all my dvds for the order I was likely done with the mess they have become (after twelve years with the same account - I know, a rarity here).

Well, the five dvds I ordered came in drips and drabs over the last few months - two a few weeks after I ordered, one about a month later, one more a month after that, and the last one finally showed up last week. I had ordered them with bill me option, and immediately paid by check for each one right after I got it. All the checks have cleared long ago, except for the most recent (for the final item I just received) which I just sent.

Now today in the mail, I receive a bill from CH for the first three items in the order that I received and paid for MONTHS ago, with a three dollar late fee. WTF? I can't even imagine how much of a mess it is going to be to straighten this out with these idiots, given that you can't get anyone on their customer service line nor get any response via email. Hell, I would be inclined to even give in to their shakedown, if I knew for sure it would get rid of them forever. Somehow I have the feeling they are so messed up on their end, that even getting them to acknowledge their mistake might not be the end of it with them.

Columbia House has really begun to turn into a nightmare. I am truly done with them after I (hopefully) somehow get this resolved. And I would recommend the same to everyone here.
Old 12-27-13, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by g
I too am not gonna order from them anymore. They haven't straightened out my payments and in order to talk to them on the phone they made me wait 40 minutes on hold and have no 1800 number. They gave me a fax number to send statements showing payments and never fixed it. Ever since the new site went up, they are a broken company not taking any measures to fix themselves. Read some of the comments on Facebook to see the volume of problems. Others posted the same problem with lost payments and they never get corrected among a multitude of problems.
Stay away. If problems arise, they are impossible to deal with.
Just wondering if you, or anyone else who's had to deal with CH messing up your account, ever got a satisfactory resolution?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.