Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-13, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
My 20% off/free shipping order arrived today. The status in my account still shows "pending".

Now if they'll just fix the train wreck of a redesign on the website...
My 20% off order was 4 preorders that were each supposed to ship on their respective release dates. Saw a pending charge for Gatsby 3D that came out last Tuesday but that went away and still haven't received anything or any shipping notice. On the phone they claim the first item was sent on the 27th, so we'll see 1) if I get it and 2) if they actually charge me for it.
Old 09-16-13, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Interesting promo that was just posted on CH's Facebook page:

Want a FREE copy of the George Clooney/Ryan Gosling thriller IDES OF MARCH? Spend $19.95 and enter the promotional code 'IdesOfMarch' (without the quotes) in your cart and you'll get the movie absolutely FREE! You won't even need to pay for shipping.

So spend $19.95 and enter promo code 'IdesOfMarch' at checkout and get the movie absolutely FREE!
Figure few might be interested in this, but if you're about to place an order, you might as well pick up a freebie.
Old 09-16-13, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see that CH has the upcoming High Plains Drifter for a cool $1,000. I wonder if it will count as two fulfillments.

http://www.columbiahouse.com/browse/...n-blu-ray.html
Old 09-16-13, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Shield set, ordered on 8/11 with the 20% discount, shows "cancelled" on the website. No reason given, no email, nothing.

Really unimpressive. Anything like this happen to others? Is there any low-hassle recourse here likely to produce any results?
Old 09-17-13, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
Me three.

And with the order still Pending, I can't pay for it. :munching-popcorn:
Order has shown complete for a few weeks, but, "Your current balance is: $0.00." I emailed them twice asking if they want me to pay for the order. Oh well.
Old 09-17-13, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Interesting promo that was just posted on CH's Facebook page:

Want a FREE copy of the George Clooney/Ryan Gosling thriller IDES OF MARCH? Spend $19.95 and enter the promotional code 'IdesOfMarch' (without the quotes) in your cart and you'll get the movie absolutely FREE! You won't even need to pay for shipping.
So spend $19.95 and enter promo code 'IdesOfMarch' at checkout and get the movie absolutely FREE!

Figure few might be interested in this, but if you're about to place an order, you might as well pick up a freebie.
DVD only. meh

Thanks for posting it, Cardsfan111
Old 09-18-13, 10:26 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still no way to pay online....
Old 09-19-13, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
DVD only. meh
They must have heard you.

Originally Posted by Columbia House Facebook Page
You wanted a free Blu-ray, so I'm giving you a free Blu-ray. Spend $19.95 or more and enter the code 'SnakesOnAPlane' (without quotes) in your cart at checkout and get the Samuel L. Jackson cult classic on Blu-ray for FREE. Offer ends in 24 hours so get your copy now!
Old 09-20-13, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
They must have heard you.
Cool. Thanks.
Old 09-20-13, 09:43 AM

Weekend Movie Lover's Sale

Buy 2 Blu-rays Get 1 Free

Multiple B2G1s work, and since it's the default sale, you can combine it with a code if you have one.

E.g.: if, like me, you told them to cancel an account and they converted it to a "don't bother me" account and gave you a one time 50% off an order code, it will stack.

Buy 2 Blu-rays get 1 Free is valid for a limited time only. Clearance titles are not eligible for this offer. Other exclusions may apply when you purchase. Offer valid until 9.00AM September 23, 2013. Your total savings will appear when you add your items to your shopping cart. Only items purchased at Club Price at or higher than $19.95 count toward your Membership Commitment. Orders are shipped via regular delivery. Express shipping, gift-wrapping, sets and heavy/bulky items may incur additional surcharges. This offer supersedes other advertised offers and may not be combined with other offers. We reserve the right to limit the purchase of multiple quantities of each title. Catalog offers and online offers may vary. Director's Selections, Sets, Blu-ray discs, Upcoming Releases, Merchandise, Clearance, DVD Xtra titles and other specially priced items are not eligible for this offer. Other exclusions may apply.
Old 09-20-13, 09:48 AM

Just got the email for a B2G1 bluray.. Don't know how good of a deal it is. Will let others figure it out..

No code necessary.
Old 09-20-13, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by IJMSPORT
Just got the email for a B2G1 bluray.. Don't know how good of a deal it is. Will let others figure it out..

No code necessary.
I wish there was a third 3D Blu-ray preorder priced at $26.97--$60.91 shipped for Pacific Rim 3D, Man of Steel 3D and something else would be ok with me at $20.33/movie.

EDIT--Actually R.I.P.D. is there for $24.57--may do that and cancel later if I need to.
Old 09-20-13, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Against my better judgment I placed an order for 3 blu-ray pre-orders that were all priced below the cheapest elsewhere online (even before the B2G1). I guess we shall see how soon and how much I regret dipping my toe back in the CH pond.
Old 09-21-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What did you order Bill?
Old 09-24-13, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by drh4
What did you order Bill?
Sorry for the slow response, didn't see your post until just now.

From Here To Eternity (BR)
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life 30th Anniversary Edition (BR)
Weird Science (BR)

All three are pre-releases priced at $11.97 and are $14 to $15 anywhere else online. Throw in one was free and that even more than offsets the always ridiculous CH shipping rates.
Old 09-30-13, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Not usually one to "brag" or gloat, but couldn't help but share what CH sent me from their most recent glitch deal.

Never expected any of these to ship since a)it was a pretty sizeable glitch b)I received cancellation notices on these and a couple of more orders c)despite the cancellation notices, the orders still say "processing" opposed to shipped or cancelled.

In all there's 10 complete sets of House M.D. divided among the 3 boxes. Had I known what was in the boxes before opening them, I would have returned the box with only 2 sets since I was charged pretty much the same total price for those 2 sets as I did for the ones with 3 and 5 sets in them.

Anyone know if a package can be returned after it has been opened? The box, not the items inside obviously. If I can't, I will probably dump some while keeping some for gifts.

And in case someone thinks I was acting "greedy" by ordering all these, I only intended to place an order for the first box of 5 sets. But I, along with some others were having a hard time getting the new website to finish placing the orders. Short version of the story, I somehow had multiple orders placed for the same items and did not realize I was getting any of them until my mail lady showed up today struggling to remove these 3 boxes from her vehicle.
Old 09-30-13, 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=darkdaze73;11854451]Not usually one to "brag" or gloat, but couldn't help but share what CH sent me from their most recent glitch deal.

what day did you receive those? I ordered a few things during the glitch but never got anything... and orders still show "processing"
Old 09-30-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just received them today. Looked outside and noticed the mail lady attempting but struggling to unload something and could not figure out why until I walked up and saw I had these 3 boxes in her back seat.
Old 09-30-13, 08:32 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

You can't return to sender a box if you opened it.
Old 09-30-13, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by g
You can't return to sender a box if you opened it.
Thanks. That's what I thought. Had I known what they were I would not have opened them. I thought one or two of them may be the Dark Knight Trilogy UCE I ordered before they updated the site. Wasn't quite sure what the other may have been.
Old 09-30-13, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, that's a lot of Houses. I always seem to miss out on the price glitches at CH. Someday, perhaps.
Old 10-01-13, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Wow, that's a lot of Houses...
It's a whole neighborhood.
Old 10-01-13, 02:07 PM

Try calling them to get a return shipping label since it sounds like it was their mistake to send them to you after you received a cancellation notice.
Old 10-02-13, 06:34 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I just got my Ultimate Batman set in the mail. Nice deal for $29.00
Old 10-04-13, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got email email about $10 off $50, $25 off $100, and 40% off DVD's. Not a great deal by any means, but could be helpful for some people. They have Wiz of Oz 3D for $21.57

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.